Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I just realized that I might be a narccicist

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    Interesting, can you elaborate more on why some people say you lack empathy.

There's nothing wrong over finding people who cry over the littlest things annoying.

But back to being a narcissist. A narcissist would not, in 1000 years make a thread about liking a girl, and then admitting failure with her. A narcissist would never in 1000 years admit to being a virgin. A narcissist would not be comfortable in saying those things. You Manny98 are the opposite of a narcissist. You're a good person.

Random narcissism video:

If Manny 98 said you're a cheating piece of shit, I think you'd say he lacks empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Again I scored 142 in a official IQ test so im probably the smartest person on this forum
    A trump supporter can't have more than 50 iq, so...

hey, I changed cheating to lying, w'happn?

I knew the autist would be spewing bs itt.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Hey, you changed your picture again; is it one of your friends? What is an autist?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10 View Post
    Hey, you changed your picture again; is it one of your friends? What is an autist?
    This has always been my pfp you can check the pfp history

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Congratulations on your self-enlightenment. Most will never come to terms with this, most are extremely uncomfortable with this idea, but... everyone is selfish. Every single thing that every single person does... is for themselves. Everything. All of it. 100%. Even seemingly selfless acts are all done in 100% selfishness, I assure you.

I've never met someone who can accept this, because every time I suggest this to others, they get highly offended and can't comprehend it.

Let me try to crystallize this for you... an argument I've often heard on this subject... "what about the guys that ran into the twin towers trying to rescue people? That was incredibly brave and incredibly selfless! How can you possibly argue that they did that out of selfishness?"

It's rather easy if you seek truth rather than comfort... they did it because they would rather give their lives and or risk their lives than walk away from the situation and ignore it. They would rather literally die than walk away and not attempt to help others or think themselves a coward. Helping others makes them feel better about themselves. In other words... they did it for themselves.

Everything that everyone does is for themselves. Some are just bigger assholes about it during the process. Another thing... everything everyone does... they do it because they think it's 'right.' Rob a bank? I need this money. It's right. Kill someone? I needed to do it, they ****ed me over... it's right. Sometimes their perspective changes later on when their emotions change but they did what they did in that moment because they deemed it 'right.'

Cue the attacks.
    I don't know... I dont think all people that like helping others are just doing it to make themselves appear altruistic or something, like an ego boost for helping people. Some definitely do, and especially ones that brag about it... but there are some that do it because it takes them outside of their own perspective and allows them to experience another. Which in turn makes them feel more connected to the world and not isolated to themselves. Which is the opposite of narcissism.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I don't know... I dont think all people that like helping others are just doing it to make themselves appear altruistic or something, like an ego boost for helping people. Some definitely do, and especially ones that brag about it... but there are some that do it because it takes them outside of their own perspective and allows them to experience another. Which in turn makes them feel more connected to the world and not isolated to themselves. Which is the opposite of narcissism.

A lot of it has to do with the immediacy of the situation IMO.

I think 90% of us, if we see someone nearby who needs a hand, we’re happy to help out. Whether it’s for ourselves or for them or whatever the reason, we instinctively want to help individuals whose struggles are immediately observable.

At the same time, 90% of us dont give a shit about starving, diseased kids in third world shit holes. Out of sight, out of mind. A lot of people try to act like they do, but clearly nobody cares. They just want their peers to hear them lament the horrible situation in Yulbihlavaskbad. Theyre not going out of their way to help.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 11-25-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    You're literally double my weight despite being shorter than me

You're the last person here to be talking about someone's blood pressure
    speaking of blood pressure, and as I mentioned earlier, hearkening back to what I said earlier with the pistachios in another thread, I need to cut out with my overzealous olive consumption. The salty brine is mighty good.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Out of sight, out of mind.
    Sad but true. Rings all too true for some people.

5-time NBA All-Star

One way to cure this is to realize that we started off in the same passage as where urine goes through.

And that we truly own nothing.

By the way, arrogance and disbelief and ingratitude go hand in hand. Let us try to purify our hearts from these.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY View Post
    One way to cure this is to realize that we started off in the same passage as where urine goes through.

And that we truly own nothing.

By the way, arrogance and disbelief and ingratitude go hand in hand. Let us try to purify our hearts from these.
    I found this quite profound.

Local High School Star

You’re on the right track, stupid. At least you’re aware. Which actually gives you the chance to have all the benefits of narcissism and none of the negatives.

Isn't this what Machiavelli did?