Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default LaVar Ball: LeBron James Cannot be the GOAT with ‘Losses’ on His Record

Quote Originally Posted by www.essentiallysports.com
    LaVar Ball ended by suggesting that Michael Jordan was the greatest of all time because he never lost in the finals. He also added that his sons would surpass Jordan’s greatness and said, “I’m talking about a dude who went to the finals, who was the main guy six times in a row… If you have losses on your record, you can’t be the greatest of all time. That dude ain’t got no losses in the finals. So it’s always going to be Michael Jordan until my boys succeed that.”
    Despite the fact that I disagree that his boys can achieve it, I fully agree with him on this one point. MJ never lost in the Finals and its a necessary condition to have a perfect record in the Finals in order to surpass MJ. Thoughts?

Source:
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/nb...on-his-record/

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: LaVar Ball: LeBron James Cannot be the GOAT with ‘Losses’ on His Record

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    Despite the fact that I disagree that his boys can achieve it, I fully agree with him on this one point. MJ never lost in the Finals and its a necessary condition to have a perfect record in the Finals in order to surpass MJ. Thoughts?

Source:
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/nb...on-his-record/
    Stop telling yourself it’s ok to lose in the first round and not in the finals !! It’s literally insane ! Who says it’s better to finish in 20th place than 2nd !

Default Re: LaVar Ball: LeBron James Cannot be the GOAT with ‘Losses’ on His Record

Quote Originally Posted by leBron Bieber View Post
    Stop telling yourself it’s ok to lose in the first round and not in the finals !! It’s literally insane ! Who says it’s better to finish in 20th place than 2nd !
    So? MJ lost in the 1st round when he was under rookie contract, far from his prime. Lebron didnt even make the playoffs in his first two years and no one holds it against him right?

Quote Originally Posted by leBron Bieber View Post
    I think OP's got a point, Kawhi & Giannis had much less embarrassing postseasons than Jimmy Butler

Decent college freshman

Imagine thinking losing in the first round is better

I don't think you need to have a perfect record in the Finals to be GOAT... that seems very arbitrary to me. You shouldn't give too much credit for making the Finals in a weak conference but even less so should you discredit a Finals appearance which you are doing if you count losses that harshly.

To me what matters is how you play in the Finals (getting outplayed/underperforming in your prime is a serious stain...) and the bottom line which is how many titles you win.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Imagine thinking losing in the first round is better
    without AD, LeBron couldn't even make the playoffs in 2019. And I have a hard time imagining any more cushy playoff run the Lakers had this year. Tons of injuries in the league, no KD, no Warriors competition, Clippers choked in playoffs... Give credit where credit is due and he certainly won this year. Nothing can take that away, and he legitimately earned finals MVP, with AD a close second. But LeBron had the easiest path possible. And as always, he could never win without another superstar ( or two). AD is at least top five in the league.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha View Post
    without AD, LeBron couldn't even make the playoffs in 2019. And I have a hard time imagining any more cushy playoff run the Lakers had this year. Tons of injuries in the league, no KD, no Warriors competition, Clippers choked in playoffs... Give credit where credit is due and he certainly won this year. Nothing can take that away, and he legitimately earned finals MVP, with AD a close second. But LeBron had the easiest path possible. And as always, he could never win without another superstar ( or two). AD is at least top five in the league.
    How about you re-evaluate that season and get back to me with honesty. You like lying? Bron was injured and sat for a couple weeks plus ball and Ingraham had injuries. Be honest for once in your life

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha View Post
    And as always, he could never win without another superstar ( or two). AD is at least top five in the league.
    He won with Wade & Bosh averaging 28 ppg combined in 2013 and people still make this argument

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    He won with Wade & Bosh averaging 28 ppg combined in 2013 and people still make this argument
    So whose fault was it that Wade and Bosh were unable to play like superstars they were supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    So whose fault was it that Wade and Bosh were unable to play like superstars they were supposed to be?
    But then when his teammate does play like a superstar like AD & even Kyrie then people say he got carried. Y'all haters can't have it both ways

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    How about you re-evaluate that season and get back to me with honesty. You like lying? Bron was injured and sat for a couple weeks plus ball and Ingraham had injuries. Be honest for once in your life
    Sorry , you struck out. He came back with plenty of time in the season, claimed he was going to go into his "playoff mode," and failed miserably. Couldn't even play good defense and pointed his fingers at all his teammates constantly. He has to have another superstar, he's proven that his whole career. He's obviously still an all-time great. But hold your man to the same standard you try to hold to Jordan or any other all-time great. Otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    But then when his teammate does play like a superstar like AD & even Kyrie then people say he got carried. Y'all haters can't have it both ways
    Irving was completely out of Lebron’s system and played with his own isoball, which was why his stats didn’t get worse compared to Wade who tried to adapt to bron ball and didn’t work. AD is the only player who was compatible with Lebron system, mostly because he’s one of the most versatile player able to play with all systems/tactics anyway.

Among the 10 all star caliber teammates Lebron ever had(Hughs, O’Neal, Jamison, Wade, Bosh, Irving, Love, Isaiah, Ingram and AD), only one was able to fit into Lebron system, this should tell enough of how flawed bron ball is. It makes role players better at the cost of undermining the all star players.

Such a system works well against lesser competitions in regular season and conference playoffs, but fail miserably in the finals series against stronger opponents. Lebron system was what granted Lebron so many trips to the finals, but also the reason why he had a miserable record in the finals. It helps him get there, but won’t help him win a title.
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 11-25-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Why do lebron fans celebrate being a runner up. Michael Jordan running shit and lebron is just a runner up