Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,964

    Default Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lock?

    Must've been something pretty bad...

    11' Wade Playoffs..... 24.5 ppg
    11' Lebron Playoffs... 23.7 ppg


    Jordan is the only guy that didn't have an elite 1st option sidekick like Kareem, AD, Wade or Kyrie, who led Lebron/Magic in scoring for entire playoff runs..

    Therefore, lebron/magic are "pippen's" that need a "jordan", (elite 1st option sidekick that can lead in scoring).
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-25-2020 at 08:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Local High School Star light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,601

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Must've been something pretty bad...

    11' Wade Playoffs..... 24.5 ppg
    11' Lebron Playoffs... 23.7 ppg


    Jordan is the only guy that didn't have an elite 1st option sidekick like Kareem, AD, Wade or Kyrie, who led Lebron/Magic in scoring for entire playoff runs..

    Therefore, lebron/magic are "pippen's" that need a "jordan", (elite 1st option sidekick that can lead in scoring).
    Pippen was an elite 1st option sidekick. Not only that, but Pippen was considered by many to be the best player on the Bulls in 1995 and 1996 even with Jordan on the team (the NBA became Pip's world in MJ's absence and Jordan lost a step).

  3. #3
    Hornets and Suns 4lyfe Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26,566

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    1-9

  4. #4
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,964

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Pippen was an elite 1st option sidekick. Not only that, but Pippen was considered by many to be the best player on the Bulls in 1995 and 1996 even with Jordan on the team (the NBA became Pip's world in MJ's absence and Jordan lost a step).
    Pippen wasn't an elite 1st option and Ewing showed the difference in the 94' Playoffs (21 on 40% for Pippen)..

    pippen's peak PPG and efficiency as a 1st option simply wasn't elite and actually was similar to his production as 2nd option alongside Jordan.

    Ultimately, Pippen averaged 10-30 less than Jordan in every series - Jordan is the only guy that led his team in every series, let alone a playoff run, and he led his 2nd option by a 15.4 ppg margin for his playoff career.. compare that to lebron/magic (pippen's) getting carried by their "jordan's" like kareem, AD, kyrie or wade... lol... night and day

  5. #5
    Kobe Stan
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,730

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Add...ict.

  6. #6
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,964

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Add...ict.

    We'll SoBeachTalents is running, so maybe you'll give me some action..

    Do you know how big Curry was in the Warriors' 73-win offense?. His stats were peak Jordan level and he was the only unanimous MVP ever.

    Accordingly, it's impossible to lose when your sidekick is destroying their "jordan" and the league MVP, so lebron should get knocked for needing 7 games given kyrie's performance.. it only went 7 games because lebron wet the bed thru 4 (24 ppg and 6 TO's).

    If a 2nd option like Kevin Johnson outplayed MJ in 93', would Barkley deserve credit for a goat accomplishment? Or if Smits outplayed Shaq in 00', would Miller deserve credit for a goat accomplishment? So why does lebron get credit?..

    Guys like Dirk, Baron Davis or Jordan overcame bigger odds and talent deficits in a big series, and without help like suspensions, injury.

    And the "led 5 categories" claim is a cute footnote and statistical anomaly, as he shared every category with a teammate, including the primary category (scoring).. Otoh, Jordan carried the scoring load in 6 of 6 Finals and every playoff series of his career (1-man scoring distribution).. and lebron is lucky that 29 ppg constituted the series scoring lead.. 29/11/9 isn't an impressive stat line.

    Ultimately, Jordan is the only guy that never played with an elite 1st option sidekick like Kareem, AD, Wade or Kyrie - these guys outscored lebron/magic in a playoff run and are the "jordan's" that they need as "pippen's"

  7. #7
    Local High School Star light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,601

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Pippen wasn't an elite 1st option
    Pippen absolutely was an elite 1st option franchise player. He averaged more ppg than other elite first options. In 1994 only Mitch Richmond and Dominque Wilkins averaged more ppg from the perimeter.

    He was literally considered the best perimeter player in the game from 1994 to 1996. The title of best perimeter player didn't leave Chicago with Jordan.

  8. #8
    Made that high school varsity squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Op still can’t come to terms with how good Pippen was

  9. #9
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,964

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Pippen absolutely was an elite 1st option franchise player. He averaged more ppg than other elite first options. In 1994 only Mitch Richmond and Dominque Wilkins averaged more ppg from the perimeter.

    He was literally considered the best perimeter player in the game from 1994 to 1996. The title of best perimeter player didn't leave Chicago with Jordan.

    You're comparing pippen's peak to Dominique and Mitch's lows, yet Pippen still falls far short of them

    Pippen's peak ppg capability (22 ppg) simply disqualifies him from being an elite 1st option, since it's nowhere near the peak capability of actual elite 1st options

    Furthermore, we're talking about who carried who - pippen averaged 10-30 less than MJ in every series, while guys like AD/Kyrie/Wade outscore lebron for entire playoff runs

    And btw, Penny Hardaway/Grant Hill weren't just considered better, but "next level" better like not even comparable. You'd get laughed back then for saying pippen could deal with either.
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-25-2020 at 08:46 PM.

  10. #10
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,964

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Pippen's peak capability (22 ppg) disqualifies him from being an elite 1st option, since it's nowhere near the peak capability of actual elite 1st options

  11. #11
    2020 InsideHoops ROTY Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    11,561

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Pippen's peak capability (22 ppg) disqualifies him from being an elite 1st option, since it's nowhere near the peak capability of actual elite 1st options
    Yet he was more versatile than baldan outside of scoring


  12. #12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,964

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    He was more versatile than baldan outside of scoring
    How so?

    Jordan averaged more assists and assist percentage, while getting more dpoy votes every year except 96' and 97'

  13. #13
    2020 InsideHoops ROTY Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    11,561

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    How so?

    Jordan averaged more assists and assist percentage, while getting more dpoy votes every year except 96' and 97'
    If the assists numbers don't count, he still had more rebounds, steals and blocks than him.

  14. #14
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,964

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    If the assists numbers don't count, he still had more rebounds, steals and blocks than him.
    Jordan averaged more career steals and they clearly shared the load during championship runs despite Jordan carrying the scoring load (doubling pippen)..

  15. #15
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    leTop1
    Posts
    7,024

    Default Re: Wade outscored Lebron in 11' playoffs like AD did this yr, so what ruined this lo

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Yet he was more versatile than baldan outside of scoring


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •