Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Serious playground baller
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    489

    Default Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,961

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Because anyone leads their team to 55 wins - it's nothing and simply shows how much the 3-peat bulls took the regular season off

    Lowry, Dominique, Kevin Johnson, Marc Gasol (in memphis), and tons of guys lead their team to 55 wins.. heck, derozan was winning 60 .. derozan... let that sink in

    Otoh, the Bulls fell from the goat offense to #14 in the league, which caused the fall from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd round team

    And the 94' season was largely confidence from being a 3-peat team and system because the luster wore off in 95' after the playoffs exposed them

  3. #3
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,561

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?


  4. #4
    Local High School Star light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,601

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ball View Post
    Thoughts?
    To be specific, it was 1993 MJ and Pete Myers.

    1993 MJ was tired and done. He actually was considering retiring before the start of the 1993 season and missed the start of training camp because of that.

    Basically it was finals fatigue not just for Jordan but for the entire team (also remember they had to do the Olympics in 1992 in the middle of all of that).

    The 1994 Myers Bulls could not compete with a still-hungry 1992 Jordan Bulls team that won 67 games, for example.

  5. #5
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,961

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    To be specific, it was 1993 MJ and Pete Myers.

    1993 MJ was tired and done. He actually was considering retiring before the start of the 1993 season and missed the start of training camp because of that.

    Basically it was finals fatigue not just for Jordan but for the entire team.

    The 1994 Myers Bulls could not compete with a still-hungry 1992 Jordan Bulls team that won 67 games, for example.
    He would've kept playing if Barkley beat him

    Only unprecedented domination in the modern era that exceeded bird/magic (3-peat) allowed MJ to properly mourn his father via baseball

  6. #6
    NBA Superstar 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14,323

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Because anyone leads their team to 55 wins - it's nothing and simply shows how much the 3-peat bulls took the regular season off

    Lowry, Dominique, Kevin Johnson, Marc Gasol (in memphis), and tons of guys lead their team to 55 wins.. heck, derozan was winning 60 .. derozan... let that sink in

    Otoh, the Bulls fell from the goat offense to #14 in the league, which caused the fall from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd round team

    And the 94' season was largely confidence from being a 3-peat team and system because the luster wore off in 95' after the playoffs exposed them
    Bro. Why do you keep lying? 3 starters remained from the 5 players that started for the Bulls in 93. Kukoc, Wennington, Kerr, Longley, and Myers WEREN'T EVEN ON THE TEAM IN 93. They were the main rotation players along with Pip, Armstrong, and Grant. 3 players cant make championship chemistry for the whole team. Not to mention that as much as you degrade the Bulls outside of MJ, you'd think that the 94 Bulls only won 35 games. Not 55. The fact is that MJ had a 55 win team (actually 60+ if you account for injuries) playing alongside side him.

    Your argument would have much more merit if the Bulls left their roster totally intact from 93 to 94 except Jordan.

  7. #7
    NBA Superstar 97 bulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14,323

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Because anyone leads their team to 55 wins - it's nothing and simply shows how much the 3-peat bulls took the regular season off

    Lowry, Dominique, Kevin Johnson, Marc Gasol (in memphis), and tons of guys lead their team to 55 wins.. heck, derozan was winning 60 .. derozan... let that sink in

    Otoh, the Bulls fell from the goat offense to #14 in the league, which caused the fall from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd round team

    And the 94' season was largely confidence from being a 3-peat team and system because the luster wore off in 95' after the playoffs exposed them
    None of the teams you claim were better than the Bulls did.

  8. #8
    Not airballing my layups anymore
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    I think it's because Chicago cultivated a strong team orientated system throughout the years.

    They fully bought in and played some beautiful basketball like a mix of 2014 Spurs mixed with Thibbs Bulls era.

  9. #9
    2020 InsideHoops ROTY Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    11,561

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Phil was partly the reason why the bulls flourished. The dynasty can't be at its fullest with missing pieces.

  10. #10
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,961

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    None of the teams you claim were better than the Bulls did.
    Kevin Johnson led the 90' Suns to the WCF by defeating Magic's 1 seeded Lakers

    KJ destroys Pippen as a better scorer and passer..

    in addition to dominating Magic's Lakers, KJ averaged 28/6/9 against Hakeem's 94' and 95' Rockets in two 7 game series, including a couple 45 and 46 point ganes..

    Now imagine if 90' KJ that destroyed Magic replaced 90' Pippen that collapsed against the Pistons in 7 games... So clearly, pippen simply won the "3-peat with MJ" lottery... He was lucky to play alongside the goat in a 2-star vs. 2-star 90's, where nearly anyone wins alongside the goat.

  11. #11
    Decent playground baller
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Because anyone leads their team to 55 wins - it's nothing and simply shows how much the 3-peat bulls took the regular season off

    Lowry, Dominique, Kevin Johnson, Marc Gasol (in memphis), and tons of guys lead their team to 55 wins.. heck, derozan was winning 60 .. derozan... let that sink in

    Otoh, the Bulls fell from the goat offense to #14 in the league, which caused the fall from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd round team

    And the 94' season was largely confidence from being a 3-peat team and system because the luster wore off in 95' after the playoffs exposed them
    Jordan so good he gets credit for team he's not on

  12. #12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,795

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Because anyone leads their team to 55 wins - it's nothing and simply shows how much the 3-peat bulls took the regular season off

    Lowry, Dominique, Kevin Johnson, Marc Gasol (in memphis), and tons of guys lead their team to 55 wins.. heck, derozan was winning 60 .. derozan... let that sink in

    Otoh, the Bulls fell from the goat offense to #14 in the league, which caused the fall from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd round team

    And the 94' season was largely confidence from being a 3-peat team and system because the luster wore off in 95' after the playoffs exposed them
    The biggest defense in your favor is that the Bulls went from #1 ranked, +120 favorites (all time great) in 1993... to 10th ranked, +1500 favorites in 1994 without him.

    Nobody had any faith in them.

  13. #13
    NBA Legend 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,024

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    We all know what happens to teams when LeBron leaves.

    Even Miami who had a system only won 37 games when Bron left.

  14. #14
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,961

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    We all know what happens to teams when LeBron leaves.

    Even Miami who had a system only won 37 games when Bron left.
    15' heat missed Playoffs by 1/2 game despite Wade/Bosh missing 40

    So they barely dropped off at all without lebron.. the 14' Finals already showed they had fallen to about a 1st round western team

    But the reality is that all ball-dominator teams fall off without their ball-dominator like cp3 and nash teams in 12/13.. otoh, ball movement systems keep moving the ball with or without their star, like the raps, spurs, warriors or bulls
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-25-2020 at 10:25 PM.

  15. #15
    NBA Legend 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,024

    Default Re: Why was the difference between MJ and Pete Myers 2- Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    15' heat missed Playoffs by 1/2 game despite Wade/Bosh missing 40

    So they barely dropped off at all without lebron.. the 14' Finals already showed they had fallen to about a 1st round western team

    But the reality is that all ball-dominator teams fall off without their ball-dominator like cp3 and nash teams in 12/13.. otoh, ball movement systems keep moving the ball with or without their star, like the raps, spurs, warriors or bulls
    Wade missed more games in 2014 than he did in 2015, not to mention they added Deng to replace LeBron, much better player than Myers. Dragic also played some games, but only 37 wins. lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •