Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: China Virus Death Per 100 Cases, By Age

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    That does sound stupid to me...like covid is more contagious when the sun goes down for some reason?

I can understand breaking up overly packed night clubs and bars where drunk people are shoulder to shoulder yelling at each other over loud music, so if that is the overall thought process behind the curfew...okay I guess. But outside of the late night party crowd I don't I don't see the point.
    It is incredibly stupid... the bars are already shut down, aside from private house parties nobody is out late at night partying right now.

The idea that covid is more contagious when the sun goes down is especially laughable considering my city (Portland, the only thing resembling a big city in the entire state) recently had nightly "mostly peaceful" protests (aka riots) for 100+ days straight, and never once did our governor say anything about the covid rammifications of these riots. Virtually every single night, starting at George Floyds death and ending around the election, there were hundreds of anarchists out on the streets until 1 or 2 am trying to burn down a court house or police station or whatever other building they were angry at.... but the curfew only started a couple weeks ago now that the protests are finally done.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    If youre going to say that the people who are skeptical about the lockdowns and fatality rates "dont care about old people"... Then by your own logic, the people who let their fear of the virus dictate their actions and advocate for harsher lockdowns and more restrictions -

dont care about the skyrocketing rates of depression/anxiety or the skyrocketing number of suicides

dont care about the skyrocketing rates of drug abuse/relapse/overdose

dont care about increasing rates of abuse for women and children who are trapped indoors all day with their abusers

dont care about the millions of americans who cannot pay rent and will be evicted the moment these eviction moratoriums end

dont care about the countless people who have lost their life savings or the small business they spent years or decades building.

I'll gladly take responsibility for all those dead seniors if lockdown supporters are willing to take responsibility for all the death/pain/suffering they are causing with their policies.
    Add seniors dying alone, dying without a funeral, millions of them prevented from seeing their friends/family, and all the revenue lost to pay for Medicare & social security.

These lockdown/mask advocates had no plan in April, May, June, July, August, September, and October. No clear achievable goal/objectives.

100 million infections and counting. Viral spread completely out of control w/ mask use at all-time high (92%+ nationally).

The entire point of slowing the spread was to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed.

We needed to keep hospitalizations under 10.3 million over 12 months; we're currently at 0.75 million over 9 months.

It's going to be interesting to see the historians write about this.

"The greatest health crisis of our lives - and hospitals set record low census."

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    It is incredibly stupid... the bars are already shut down, aside from private house parties nobody is out late at night partying right now.

The idea that covid is more contagious when the sun goes down is especially laughable considering my city (Portland, the only thing resembling a big city in the entire state) recently had nightly "mostly peaceful" protests (aka riots) for 100+ days straight, and never once did our governor say anything about the covid rammifications of these riots. Virtually every single night, starting at George Floyds death and ending around the election, there were hundreds of anarchists out on the streets until 1 or 2 am trying to burn down a court house or police station or whatever other building they were angry at.... but the curfew only started a couple weeks ago now that the protests are finally done.
    22 million people gathered for George Floyd, largest protest in history. ZERO known covid-19 hospitalizations/deaths linked it (many non-covid hospitalizations/deaths linked to it tho lol)

"Well it's ok most had a piece of cloth on their face just like the people of Peru did as they hit #1 in covid deaths/capita worldwide"

Yeah, I'm sure none of those 22 million people gathered privately in homes/cars before/after commuting to/from the gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Where would you say the restrictions are most severe? Id kinda like to see how the people in the worst areas are doing. What is still closed?
    Well I'm in California.

8.5 months (and counting) of:

-6 million children shut out of school
    -My local gym has been shutdown almost entire time
    -Movie theaters, concerts, shows, and sporting events shut down, and in turn, all the businesses surrounding these things are shut down, and many who supply/work with these businesses
    -family dying alone in hospitals, no funerals
    -masks required virtually everywhere
    -intl travel still banned
    -walmart, target, amazon open 100% entire time

again, the entire point of slowing the spread was to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. We needed to keep hospitalizations under 10.3 million over 12 months; we're currently at 0.75 million over 9 months and roughly the same number of predicted infections back in March. Let me know what you think about the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    22 million people gathered for George Floyd, largest protest in history. ZERO known covid-19 hospitalizations/deaths linked it (many non-covid hospitalizations/deaths linked to it tho lol)

"Well it's ok most had a piece of cloth on their face just like the people of Peru did as they hit #1 in covid deaths/capita worldwide"

Yeah, I'm sure none of those 22 million people gathered privately in homes/cars before/after commuting to/from the gatherings.

The widespread claims that the massive BLM protest groups didnt spread the virus are pretty hilarious (the lockdown protests and trump rallies are highly contagious tho).

To me the most hilarious protest related covid claim was that article that said according to the "expert" "scientists" - "BLM protests may have slowed the spread of covid in Denver and other cities"

https://coloradosun.com/2020/06/30/p...avirus-spread/

The researchers found that protests correlated with a net increase in overall stay-at-home behavior in cities where they occurred — and the increase was larger in cities that saw more sustained protests or reports of violence.
    I think these "researchers" are on to something, in order to fully vanquish covid, we just need to fill the streets with enough violence and terror that people will be terrified to leave their homes!
    Last edited by Nanners; 12-02-2020 at 03:16 PM.

BTW in case you didnt see this link in the covid thread, I think you might enjoy this song

https://dudenamedjames.com/wp-conten...BackBetter.mp3