Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default China Virus Death Per 100 Cases, By Age

What do you guys think? Seems rather low. It shouldn't even be a political issue where Democrats take one side and Republicans the other.

Default Re: China Virus Death Per 100 Cases, By Age

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

can't even really read that...

^^^ that's what the CDC says

so yeah, most posting in here are 0.1%...very low

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post

What do you mean you can't read it?

The point of the chart that I posted is to show progression over the months. Your chart completely excludes that and lumps everything together, thus the data is meaningless since it lumps all the months together.

I mean I think it's beyond clear that this was the point of my OP.

Maybe I should change the title.

Edit: Too late, I can't change the title.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    What do you mean you can't read it?

The point of the chart that I posted is to show progression over the months. Your chart completely excludes that and lumps everything together, thus the data is meaningless since it lumps all the months together.

I mean I think it's clear that's the point of it.
    yours ALSO lumps everything together, the overall rates have dropped over time as we've been testing more...everyone is aware of that.

Yours is hard to read in that it's low res and can't even see where the rates land...old people at 4%ish?...the rest at around .5%?

Very interesting article.

According to Briand, “The reason we have a higher number of reported COVID-19 deaths among older individuals than younger individuals is simply because every day in the U.S. older individuals die in higher numbers than younger individuals.”

Briand’s analysis found that the range of deaths amongst the older population has remained within the range of past years.

So, if COVID-19 has actually had no significant impact on U.S. deaths, why does it not appear that way?
    However, when taking a closer look at the death numbers, she noted something strange. As Briand compared the number of deaths per cause during that period in 2020 to 2018, she noticed that instead of the expected drastic increase across all causes, there was a significant decrease in deaths due to heart disease. Even more surprising, as seen in the graph below, this sudden decline in deaths is observed for all other causes.
    The study found that “This trend is completely contrary to the pattern observed in all previous years.” In fact, “the total decrease in deaths by other causes almost exactly equals the increase in deaths by COVID-19.”

So the most devastating impact of Covid is that it kill 10% of the people 85+ years old that it infects.

Which is itself an undoubtedly INFLATED number because tons of those deaths are likely incidental. People who are dying as they normally would be, but happen to have the Covid virus in their body.

Plus, 10% does not mean 10% of the population. It means 10% of the people over 85 who are believed to have the covid virus, have died.

90% did not.

And the numbers just shrink from there as you go backward in age.

RUN FOR THE HILLS, LOW IQ AMERICANS!

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    So the most devastating impact of Covid is that it kill 10% of the people 85+ years old that it infects.

Which is itself an undoubtedly INFLATED number because tons of those deaths are likely incidental. People who are dying as they normally would be, but happen to have the Covid virus in their body.

Plus, 10% does not mean 10% of the population. It means 10% of the people over 85 who are believed to have the covid virus, have died.

90% did not.

And the numbers just shrink from there as you go backward in age.

RUN FOR THE HILLS, LOW IQ AMERICANS!
    Don't forget to include the mass numbers of elder that cuomo killed by dumping sick people to already sick people in convalescent homes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

yea so why are you so afraid? 99.9% survival rate for you and your family, so we shut everything down? ...what? Tiddy people die for a million different reasons every single day. Less people have died this year than in 2018 in the USA. WHY are you still on board with this?

90% survival for very old people is actually a great rate too... the flu knocks them over at a similar rate. Anything does really.

What a ****ing sham.

You guys don't care about old people...understood, got that message a long time ago. That is why senior whites voted Biden this election. Honestly I think it is THE reason Biden won.

But here's another thing...you guys aren't 'locked down'...I go out every day...you can too...if you feel like you're in jail right now, that's on you.

Cali just issued a stay at home order til Christmas... My area on the East coast has a 10 pm curfew and 10 person maximum for home gatherings along with every big gathering venue shutdown... Movies, Concerts, Stadiums... no kids going to school, teachers WFH. Same for offices.

What the are you talking about there's no lockdown? Why do you keep lying over and over?

Okay...so YOU tpols...how has your life been affected here?...you personally?

you haven't gone to a concert in a while?...sorry, that falls into the 'whining' category

if you lost your job I *might* be able to get with you here...but even then that would mean youre getting massive unemployment checks to sit at home.

I wasn't even allowed to see my family on thanksgiving... how was I affected? What? And it will likely be that way for Christmas and has been that for every holiday this year. My grandparents are in their late 80s and lonely and I cant even visit them. My grandma even calls it bullshit. I havent been allowed to even go to a restaurant until recently and sit down and eat. Travel bans everywhere as well they were telling people not to leave the state or go anywhere unless for medical supplies. You're ****ing absolutely unbelievable in your deceit.

How did they enforce you not seeing your family on Thanksgiving?

The airports were packed for Thanksgiving