Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Clippers teammates say PG destroyed Chemistry. PG says Rivers fault he played poorly

https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-ne...im-on-offense/

“The way I was being used, I felt Doc was trying to play me as a Ray Allen or a JJ Redick, all pin-downs. I can do it, but that ain't my game. I need some flow, I need some mixes of some pick-and-rolls, post ups, diff. touches. Last season was hard."

Paul George on Doc Rivers
    👀

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-from-clippers

The Athletic reported Tuesday the "hard-nosed, competitive culture the team had built from 2017 to '19, predicated on their all-for-one ethos, was undone in a matter of months," because Leonard and George were treated differently.

Examples included, per Buha:

Personal security guards and trainers
    Control of the team's practice and travel schedule
    Control over personal playing time
    Later postgame media time slots
    Leonard being allowed to live in San Diego

One instance was Leonard being allowed to use the female staffers' locker room for his personal pregame routine with the training staff when other areas were unavailable, which led at least one player and one staff member to raise concerns about the arrangement, according to Buha.

"How do you ever build a strong team with that s--t going on?" a team source told The Athletic. "I thought from the beginning, 'We're doomed. Kawhi wants too much special treatment.'"

An NBA source added: "What were they going to do about it? It's Kawhi."

In addition, the preferential treatment given to Leonard and George made it difficult for the Clippers' prior leadership structure, which included Patrick Beverley and Lou Williams, to maintain influence.

"Who did they look to as the guy that was going to bring them all together?" a league source told Buha. "It can't be the coach all the time."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers teammates say PG destroyed Chemistry. PG says Rivers fault he played po

Flippers

PG is such a cancer I'm glad my Nets didn't trade for that bitch

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers teammates say PG destroyed Chemistry. PG says Rivers fault he played po

Hayward for George. Make it happen, Jerry.

PG blaming Doc Rivers and everyone but himself

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Winning>Stats

Kawhi has turned into a real diva. Imagine the Spurs letting him get away with that stuff. Probably the reason he wanted to leave. The Spurs wouldn't cave to his childish demands.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Always thought Rivers was highly overrated

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

in two years when Clips say Kaw. Lenard time is running out Paul George will go to Lakers and win chips...
    writing is all over it.

Kawhi throwing all the blame on the #2 to keep his reputation

sad!

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33 View Post
    Kawhi has turned into a real diva. Imagine the Spurs letting him get away with that stuff. Probably the reason he wanted to leave. The Spurs wouldn't cave to his childish demands.
    You're right, they gave it all to him

He requested these arrangements and it was their job to say no, but we really want you here.

I don't know how they can all of a sudden take all of that shite away from him now, because that's how they got him there. They've made their bed with him now.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Thread title is misleading. A lot of this criticizes Kawhi being a diva, and OP didn't mention that in the title

I'm starting to think PG is purposely trolling to become the most hated NBA player.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukeWalton View Post

One instance was Leonard being allowed to use the female staffers' locker room for his personal pregame routine with the training staff when other areas were unavailable, which led at least one player and one staff member to raise concerns about the arrangement, according to Buha.
    ."
    Pussy Kawh1/11 was getting his tampons in

Last season was hard.

Poor Flippers traded their entire future for this guy

Rivers was shit but still PG can’t blame all the problems on him.

NBA sixth man of the year

Kawhi put up 28 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 2.5 turnovers, 9 BPM

So basically GOAT numbers. The dysfunction of Harrell/Doc/George and shooting variance in the bubble is what killed the team.

This year Kawhi will carry them to a ring and George will finally take his head out of his ass.