Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Surprisingly Shawn Kemp Stat

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Wow, I was way the fuxk off. 84 "30" plus point games with five 40 point games.
    He was a good scorer, who underachieved a bit for someone drafted ahead of Grant Hill. Coming out of college, I though he could average 25 a game in the NBA. Seemed like he had the tools. But the Big Ten isn't the pros. I do remember the NCAA game (sweet 16?) he dropped 56 on KU in a doubt OT win.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Wow, I was way the fuxk off. 84 "30" plus point games with five 40 point games.
    That doesn't surprise me at all. He chucked up a lot of shots throughout his career...a lot more than he should have, really. He averaged 18 or more shots five times and 20.3 one season. When you are taking that many shots you are bound to get hot and have 30+ point games. His efficiency in general was pretty poor. Ray was too laid back on the Bucks. He should have demanded the ball more as he was clearly the best player by a good margin and Robinson was actually taking more shots to average less points. Glenn was also ass in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 12-04-2020 at 02:22 AM.

Kemp is still the man

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That sounds about right. He barely tried to score. He would coast for long long stretches of the game....score on a post up in the first quarter...do nothing till the third...have a quick 10 points in 3 minutes then get fouled on all his touches from then on...throw in a transition dunk......hes got 16-19 and was only active as a scorer for 5 minutes. He didnt look for his shots that often and he was often in foul trouble on top of it.

He was a real in the flow scorer even though he killed people when he put his mind to it. Not sure if it was gameplan or mentality but...he didnt try to score that much. It really stood out a unusual when he did. Hed get a good look or get fouled most of the time. He was on pretty deep teams in his prime though so like I said....may have been the plan to spread things out.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    He had five 30+ games in the playoffs.
    Interesting. I wonder what the Sonics playoff record was during those 30 point outburst.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Interesting. I wonder what the Sonics playoff record was during those 30 point outburst.
    He was overall 2-3 in those games. 1-3 on Sonics.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    He was overall 2-3 in those games. 1-3 on Sonics.
    So If Shawn Kemp has to be a 30 point scorer, it's usually not a good thing?