Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Good to see John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins healthy and playing

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    what's the next step mean for you? like become dominant on defense and score 20 every night? i think he's perfectly capable of that, but i don't think his offensive game will grow much further than what we say, maybe a little more polished but i don't think he's going to get handles like AD. defensively is where i think his biggest growth will happen. he made a good leap defensively last season compared to his rookie campaign.
    To qualify for a Big Three, u GOTTA be a perennial All Star or All NBA type of player. Or in the case of Book (only a one time All Star at his young age), so awesome that you are headed to likely superstar status it appears. Or the very next level under it. Ayton doesn't qualify for ANY OF THESE scenarios as of now.

That's what I mean by next step. Become dominant ENOUGH to be seen as that type of player CONSISTENTLY year in and year out. He has the tools to do it. BUT as of now, u can't call the Suns as having a Big Three. A back to form Wall and Boogie along with Harden would QUALIFY for a Big Three.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    To qualify for a Big Three, u GOTTA be a perennial All Star or All NBA type of player. Or in the case of Book (only a one time All Star at his young age), so awesome that you are headed to likely superstar status it appears. Or the very next level under it. Ayton doesn't qualify for ANY OF THESE scenarios as of now.

That's what I mean by next step. Become dominant ENOUGH to be seen as that type of player CONSISTENTLY year in and year out. He has the tools to do it. BUT as of now, u can't call the Suns as having a Big Three. A back to form Wall and Boogie along with Harden would QUALIFY for a Big Three.
    i get you. I think even if this CP3 trade results in a 1st round loss, the acquisition would still have been worth it bc Booker and Ayton need that veteran to teach them how to take their games to the next level. Ayton especially because CP3 will unlock some potential out of him, he's already demanding Ayton to be the defensive anchor and protect the rim. I love that CP3 is challenging him to do that. Igor said he challenged Ayton to get a DPOY award just before he was replaced. I think they see Ayton has that potential and they;re trying to get him to realize that as well.

see that very first play? year 1 ayton would have gotten his ankles broken. year 2 ayton played it smart, that clip alone encapsulates the leap he made defensively. there's also other examples of him staying in front of faster players, while also defending strong post players that bang down low. he can do both...that's pretty unique for a big with his size.

i get you. I think even if this CP3 trade results in a 1st round loss, the acquisition would still have been worth it bc Booker and Ayton need that veteran to teach them how to take their games to the next level. Ayton especially because CP3 will unlock some potential out of him, he's already demanding Ayton to be the defensive anchor and protect the rim. I love that CP3 is challenging him to do that. Igor said he challenged Ayton to get a DPOY award just before he was replaced. I think they see Ayton has that potential and they;re trying to get him to realize that as well.

see that very first play? year 1 ayton would have gotten his ankles broken. year 2 ayton played it smart, that clip alone encapsulates the leap he made defensively. there's also other examples of him staying in front of faster players, while also defending strong post players that bang down low. he can do both...that's pretty unique for a big with his size.
    Absolutely! Ayton is trending in the right direction for sure! CP3 coming in was an awesome pickup. And the crazy part is CP3 has NEVER played with a center as good as Ayton! I'm interested to see what CP3 can do with a young stud like Ayton!

Absolutely! Ayton is trending in the right direction for sure! CP3 coming in was an awesome pickup. And the crazy part is CP3 has NEVER played with a center as good as Ayton! I'm interested to see what CP3 can do with a young stud like Ayton!
    good point. we shall see, fun season to look forward to overall. lot of good young stars to keep an eye on.

National High School Star

I hope they both have career years.

No free lunch for boogie

Uhh Deandre Jordan>>>Ayton

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

good point. we shall see, fun season to look forward to overall. lot of good young stars to keep an eye on.
    the so called Stars weren't shining for Phoenix tonight

Local High School Star

Rockets have to nut up and see how this team looks with Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Uhh Deandre Jordan>>>Ayton
    HELL NAH! Deandre never had Ayton's skillset! Jordan in terms of boards and D was a great WILL BIG! Ayton is MUCH MORE SKILLED on offense. Plus Ayton has averaged 17 PPG and 10.7 boards so far in his career. Jordan made All NBA teams and an All Star game. But that was LARGELY because of the Clippers regular season success. His scoring ability is too INSUFFCIENT to be considered a better player than Ayton.