Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greatest Peaks Series: Larry Bird

Thinking Basketball by Ben Taylor is IMO one of the best channels on YouTube. More people should really watch and listen to his breakdowns of game video. He is a very basketball analytics but also watches a ton of film to make his analyses.

The way he breaks down Larry Legend's passing is really something. Anyways this should back up my claim on previous threads for Larry as the second greatest passer ever after Magic. Seeing plays before they happen was Larry's forte.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Greatest Peaks Series: Larry Bird

His scouting report on past players is the most in depth analysis I've ever seen, dude is a true legend. I believe he has LeBron over Jordan on the GOAT list as well.

https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the...n-nba-history/

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I love watching these type of videos as someone they help me get a good understanding of what players from previous eras were really like Thank for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    His scouting report on past players is the most in depth analysis I've ever seen, dude is a true legend. I believe he has LeBron over Jordan on the GOAT list as well.

He has Kareem as #1 Lebron at #2 and Jordan at #3. His list is based on CORP which stands for Career Over Replacement Player. Essentially it ranks players based on how much they lift teams over an average replacement player over their careers. He moved Lebron over Jordan recently and will move him over Kareem soon.

He ranked MJ as his #1 peak with Lebron #5 IIRC. And for what it's worth he said that if MJ played several additional seasons and didn't retire he'd be comfortably #1 in CORP as well but that he can't give him credit for something he didn't do. And I agree with that.

His analysis is completely devoid of any accomplishments or awards and only looks at basketball impact. It relies a lot on WOWY. I'm not a huge fan of ON/OFF and Plus-Minus stats anyways but they have their merit. Besides his point with every ranking is with ranges. He refuses to make any definitive statements and would give the highest and lowest ranking for a particular player.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    He has Kareem as #1 Lebron at #2 and Jordan at #3. His list is based on CORP which stands for Career Over Replacement Player. Essentially it ranks players based on how much they lift teams over an average replacement player over their careers. He moved Lebron over Jordan recently and will move him over Kareem soon.

He ranked MJ as his #1 peak with Lebron #5 IIRC. And for what it's worth he said that if MJ played several additional seasons and didn't retire he'd be comfortably #1 in CORP as well but that he can't give him credit for something he didn't do. And I agree with that.

His analysis is completely devoid of any accomplishments or awards and only looks at basketball impact. It relies a lot on WOWY. I'm not a huge fan of ON/OFF and Plus-Minus stats anyways but they have their merit. Besides his point with every ranking is with ranges. He refuses to make any definitive statements and would give the highest and lowest ranking for a particular player.
    You think 1987_Lakers ever takes the time to dissect anything? His mission, like every other Bran stan, is to diminish from MJ's legacy. Just look at his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    You think 1987_Lakers ever takes the time to dissect anything? His mission, like every other Bran stan, is to diminish from MJ's legacy. Just look at his posts.
    I was just stating a fact, why are you so triggered? The guy in the vid has LeBron as the GOAT, deal with it.

I'm not sure why it was necessary for you to even bring up baldan in this thread, despite the topic not talking about him in the first place. Sounds like insecurity tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I'm not sure why it was necessary for you to even bring up baldan in this thread, despite the topic not talking about him in the first place. Sounds like insecurity tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulico View Post
    I voted Axe, the only user I blocked here.

HBK's posts are predictable and annoying, but at least he makes a point, however stupid it may be, and he generates content.

Axe's posts are just empty gibberish and emojis.

He's like a neighbors dog that always barking. You don't know what the hell it wants, and why it never stops.
    woof woof

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Suddenly brings up baldan out of the blue when it's completely unnecessary, just like many king kong stans in this board lol. And so what's the point if the critic had king kong over a frail goat like baldan? Nobody even asked. I don't understand it anymore.

good look OP. that guy put a lot of effort into the video and it shows. great footage.

woof woof
    That sorry ass post came from a shitty propaganda thread made by the biggest insecure dork in this board, wherein i continue to rent free inside his dickhead (despite not following him from thread to thread), just like how baldan does it to you too.

Good job digging that lame shit but i'm still very much alive and kicking atm.

Suddenly brings up baldan out of the blue when it's completely unnecessary, just like many king kong stans in this board lol. And so what's the point if the critic had king kong over a frail goat like baldan? Nobody even asked. I don't understand it anymore.
    It didn't take much digging to be honest, it was one of the biggest threads of October.

It didn't take much digging to be honest, it was one of the biggest threads of October.
    Yeah but for what purpose tho? To get me and the other jizzrag banned/off in this site? Too bad it never happened. So it was an epic failure.

Anyway btt

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

The GOAT Team Player!

College star

Bingo. Yet I'm the one that's triggered.