Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: We should have stayed opened 100% all year

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    It hit the ground last year. It hit the ground last year. Trump followed the advice of his own team: Fauci and quacks. Fauci was still telling people it's safe to go on cruises in March, when millions of Americans had already been infected. So try again: what should we have done in March/April?

https://twitter.com/thebradfordfile/...11482139566083
    propaganda I guess you listen to ... how many cuts were in that tweet ?
    I use my own thoughts , and would of hoped our government would of governed us - to protect us , not let us hang

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    How does OP think New Zeland and Vietnam are able to be completely open right now? It certainly wasn’t by following his retarded suggestions. Half a million people could die and OP will say it’s just the flu -_-

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    How does OP think New Zeland and Vietnam are able to be completely open right now? It certainly wasn’t by following his retarded suggestions. Half a million people could die and OP will say it’s just the flu -_-
    It’s been admitted that they have been incorrectly tallying Covid deaths. People in severe car accidents and people with stage 4 cancer are being categorized as Covid deaths. That is just not legitimate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

You're not saving anyone by locking down a country, you're only delaying the inevitable

If your immune system is so weak that It can't handle a virus with a 99.9% survival rate then I hate to say it but you are bound to die from any common illness sooner or later

+ I'm not even taking into account extra lives lost because of job losses and destroyed mental health from the lockdowns and the Draconian measures enforced by by the governments

99.9% survival rate. Tranny lover.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    propaganda I guess you listen to ... how many cuts were in that tweet ?
    I use my own thoughts , and would of hoped our government would of governed us - to protect us , not let us hang
    It hit the ground last year. Trump followed the advice of his own team: Fauci and quacks. Fauci was still telling people it's safe to go on cruises in March, when millions of Americans had already been infected.

LMK if you disagree.

And Cambodia has 0 deaths with covid-19 using Magic Scarecrows.

I haven't heard you or Facepalm come up with a better plan than my original post.

South America uses military-enforced lockdowns and mandates masks. Result? #1 deaths/capita in the world.

North America and Europe use lockdowns and mask mandates too. Result? #2 and #3 deaths/capita in the world.

Cambodia is trying a much different approach: magic scarecrows. Result? Not one, not two, not three, not four... but ZERO DEATHS w/ covid!!

It hit the ground last year. Trump followed the advice of his own team: Fauci and quacks. Fauci was still telling people it's safe to go on cruises in March, when millions of Americans had already been infected.

LMK if you disagree.
    Trump has never ran the US government with ideas other than his own.
    A good example - which I backed was the Mexican wall , he built a wall 100's of miles short of protecting the border.
    Then his propaganda tells Americans that Mexico is paying for it.
    (If you believe that , I have a bridge to sell you) I never judge a president until the third year , and when he constantly was
    lying to America as well as the rest of the world's countries , I knew we were in big trouble.
    --- Here is another example Do you trust Russia ??
    It is a fact that recently the Russian government hacked the US government. 99% of the American government is very concerned
    about this and the fallout ... Trump our president has not said a word, NOT A WORD.
    Why - he is sleeping with them , and probably has been promised money ...

I suppose you can make some excuses for March, but in April the field hospitals were torn down and Navy ships sailed out after discovering the rate of hospitalization is ~1% (not the predicted 15-50%), so everything should have opened then.

If someone has a better idea for what we should have done in March/April, let's hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Trump has never ran the US government with ideas other than his own.
    A good example - which I backed was the Mexican wall , he built a wall 100's of miles short of protecting the border.
    Then his propaganda tells Americans that Mexico is paying for it.
    (If you believe that , I have a bridge to sell you) I never judge a president until the third year , and when he constantly was
    lying to America as well as the rest of the world's countries , I knew we were in big trouble.
    --- Here is another example Do you trust Russia ??
    It is a fact that recently the Russian government hacked the US government. 99% of the American government is very concerned
    about this and the fallout ... Trump our president has not said a word, NOT A WORD.
    Why - he is sleeping with them , and probably has been promised money ...
    A lot of truth to this. Trump has failed on many things, and this year is really the most obvious of them all. He shits in the faces of his supporters by doing the exact opposite of what they want. I wonder how long it will take for Trump supporters to wake up to it...

But you didn't really respond to anything I said. I said it hit the ground last year (1), Trump's team has literally been Fauci (and other quacks) all year (2), and Fauci was telling Americans it's safe to go on cruises in March (3) when millions of Americans had already been infected (4).

Anyways, I like that you've actually said what you think should have been done, but closing borders/states until a vaccine was established (estimated time was 18 months) would have been gone against decades of pandemic data/almost the entire scientific consensus at the time. There was no evidence/call for closing states (lol that would have went well I'm sure) and borders (he did that) because none of it would have/has done jack shit because the virus was already widespread.

In case you don't remember what the narrative was in February, here you go:

https://twitter.com/T_Inglesby/statu...05162756616192
    https://twitter.com/T_Inglesby/statu...01656184229888

Not airballing my layups anymore Metroid's Avatar

I only know of one person that died from the corona. I didn't him personally though. He was kind of heavy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil-Shrimp View Post
    99.9% survival rate. Tranny lover.
    What's 0,1% of 350 Millions?

Also not dying doesn't mean unharmed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post

What an absurdly low iq post. I’m seriously blown away that someone would say something like this. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Anyways, I like that you've actually said what you think should have been done, but closing borders/states until a vaccine was established (estimated time was 18 months) would have been gone against decades of pandemic data/almost the entire scientific consensus at the time. There was no evidence/call for closing states (lol that would have went well I'm sure) and borders (he did that) because none of it would have/has done jack shit because the virus was already widespread.

rl]
    Trump closed international borders ?? and the first one if I recall was only China.
    How the hell did the virus become so wide spread in USA lands with one or two people ??
    Trump did not LOCK down US until after the fact and it was to late.
    As soon as the US government would of caught wind of this epidemic we should of locked down waters and canadian and mexican borders. Our states if locked down, could of easily screened anything going in or out and in 60 days could of stopped any contractions. The world could of solved with a vaccine , and the government could then open the international interaction.
    Please remember anything in a president's term is considered HIS responsibility... I don't give a shit if they are republican or democrat. Trump failed us. and that is why he is FIRED.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post

Context: On average, those who died with COVID lived longer than people who died without it.

The CDC said most Americans would be exposed to it by the end of this year or next. Eta on vaccine was at least 18 months. What should we have done differently in March/April?

I have never seen anyone be more obsessed with covid than OP. I see him talking about it daily, multiple times a day. I don't even read his posts on covid anymore. I just skip past as soon as I realize his post concerns covid.