Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Stephen A.Smith: I would want Michael Jordan every day' over LeBron

OP is a casual who gets spoon fed opinions into his tiny mind from the likes of ESPN

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    OP is a casual who gets spoon fed opinions into his tiny mind from the likes of ESPN
    Stephen A Smith knows that Lebron-ball isn't a #1 offense (17-year sample), so his Bulls wouldn't be as good as Jordan's were (juggernaut #1 offenses)

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    How is it dumb? Jordan never got outplayed in the playoffs. Prove me otherwise. Using a bunch of regular season statistics to disprove a claim about the playoffs doesn't prove anything. Yet I'm the one making "dumb" statements? Give me a break.

I doubt he watched that series. If he did he would know who guarded MJ for half the series and the fact that Kemp was guarded by Longley for 5/6 games. In addition, Kemp had no real defensive assignment, unless he thinks Rodman was some offensive juggernaut. Not to mention that MJ had to expend energy and limit GP in the games Harper was injured. These guys don't account for any of that.

The problem with Bran stans is that they've been largely raised in an era where defense has declined, so defensive arguments are automatically thrown out of the window and given little regard.

When you mention how well MJ played or consider who defended him, such as the Defensive Player of the Year, Gary Payton, the numbers start to make a bit more sense.

It's kind of like the 2014 finals where Bran stans don't want to admit that Kawhi outplayed LeBron for the series. They will never admit that games 3-4-5 were all about Kawhi both offensively and defensively.

They also won't account for how well Kawhi guarded LeBron during those games. To them, you just look at a box score and that's it.
    That's the problem with only reading boxscores. To think that most of these jokers probably think that Lebron in 2014 had a better Finals than Jordan in 1996. This forum has degenerated to stans and trolls just going back and forth with no arguments. I remember having and witnessing some terrific debates on these boards like a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Stephen A Smith knows that Lebron-ball isn't a #1 offense (17-year sample), so his Bulls wouldn't be as good as Jordan's were (juggernaut #1 offenses)
    MJ unfortunately is shackled to two people for his success

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    MJ unfortunately is shackled to two people for his success
    Interesting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    That's the problem with only reading boxscores.
    The same applies for '87 Bird vs Jordan, in my opinion, Bird outplayed Jordan in that series. In game 3 in the 4th quarter the Bulls had an 8 point lead at one point, Celtics were without McHale & Bird proceeds to score 10+ points and takes over the game in the 4th while MJ is shooting brick after brick.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    The same applies for '87 Bird vs Jordan, in my opinion, Bird outplayed Jordan in that series. In game 3 in the 4th quarter the Bulls had an 8 point lead at one point, Celtics were without McHale & Bird proceeds to score 10+ points and takes over the game in the 4th while MJ is shooting brick after brick.
    Jordan's bulls compared to lebron's 05' Cavs, while Bird's Celtics compare to Durant's Warriors

Would you criticize the 05' Cavs for losing to the Warriors? (he lost in 17' with a big 3 worse than Jordan's 8 seed lost)
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-17-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Jordan's bulls compared to lebron's 05' Cavs, while Bird's Celtics compare to Durant's Warriors

Would you criticize the 05' Cavs for losing to the Warriors? (he lost in 17' with a big 3 worse than Jordan's 8 seed lost)
    1987?

Lol wut

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Stephen A is actually a way smarter guy than just about anyone on this forum regardless if you agree with him or not.
    Even if this were true, what relevance to the topic does it have? General intelligence =/ sports knowledge

And Stephen a is a talking head buffoon who happens to be well spoken and black so they put him on TV because he fits the role. His sports takes range from non insightful to atrocious.

He's educated and well spoken. There's nothing I've seen that indicates hes actually super intelligent and hes certainly no sports wiz.

Embarrasing take all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Lol wut
    The 85-87' Bulls won 30-40 games and therefore compare to Lebron's 04/05/19 teams as borderline lottery seeds (8 or 9 seeds).

So Jordan's lottery casts lost to Bird's great teams, which would be like lebron's 05' or 19' teams losing to KD Warriors

Would you knock lebron for losing to KD with the lottery 05' Cavs? Obviously not, since you didn't knock lebron for losing to KD with a big 3

If you can't understand that, then you're a dumbass and should get your GED

The 85-87' Bulls won 30-40 games and therefore compare to Lebron's 04/05/19 teams as borderline lottery seeds (8 or 9 seeds).

So Jordan's lottery casts lost to Bird's great teams, which would be like lebron's 05' or 19' teams losing to KD Warriors

If you can't understand that, then you're a dumbass and should get your GED
    Except the 85-87 bulls weren't conference champions dummy

Except the 85-87 bulls weren't conference champions dummy
    The 04/05 Cavs weren't conference champs either

The 04/05 Cavs weren't conference champs either
    But the 07 cavs were, when king kong was just 22 years old.

But the 07 cavs were, when king kong was just 22 years old.
    The 06' Cavs weren't the 05' Cavs

The 05' Cavs were a 42-win, 9 seed that improved to a 50-win, 4 seed in 06' by adding a 22/5/5 all-defender, the future COY, and a top 5 defense.. they became a developed, high seed by 06/07, after being a lottery team in 05'.

And guys like Iverson, Dwight and Kidd won the East as a 1-star team just like lebron in 07'.. otoh, a super-team with many HOF's was required to win the 80's East