Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: NBA to contribute 300 mil to black communities

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth View Post
    There absolutely is systemic inequality today, policing being the most obvious which is backed up by virtually all police statistics. It also takes place in the criminal justice system with blacks and other people of color receiving higher sentences for the same crimes as white people. There have been actual investigations into police departments in the US where the DOJ and state judiciarys determined they couldn't find a reason other than racism for the imabalance.

As far as your second point about NASCAR, yeah it would be weird if NASCAR said "we're going to set aside money to fund white people" because as you said, white people don't have a history of being oppressed by their race in this country. Now if they were donating money to poor communities in general, and some of those communities happened to be mostly white, that wouldn't be a big deal.

It makes sense to target black communities since they have the largest history of systemic racism in this country. It also makes sense to just help poor communities in general. It doesn't make much sense to target only the white people in poor communities. Though me personally, I think the best change can come from improving poor communities and restructuring/funding their school systems. It would also help big time to not over-police poor communities.
    Sorry I didn't read past your first sentence. View the DoJ statistics available online on crime by demographics. Also view the amount of unarmed shootings by demographic. There is no reason to be this ignorant in today's age of internet.

Default Re: NBA to contribute 300 mil to black communities

More systematic racism towards non-black minorities.