Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 Regular season- The tax team

Mike Conley: Yessir!! Congrats to @spidadmitchell @rudygobert27 ! Hopefully many more to come!!
    – via Twitter MCONLEY10

https://www.ksl.com/article/50112899...rag-on-himself

With Ingles playing at an all-star level, the Jazz went 6-0 during Conley's absence and solidified their hold on first place in the Western Conference. Once Conley regained his health, Ingles returned to the bench with nary a complaint knowing full well his numbers would dwindle.

why must we always overstate things? All star?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50113270...-all-star-game

The two might be the faces of the franchise, but Utah isn't sitting at the top of the standings without Conley, Jordan Clarkson and Bojan Bogdanovic. Clarkson made the case earlier this month that as many as four players could be taken from the Jazz — and he wasn't including himself, the league's best bench player this season.

I'd say in spite of Bojan

https://www.ksl.com/article/50113033...gordon-hayward

It's easy to be happy, as keepsimple is, because the Jazz are a better team now than at any point when Hayward was playing in Utah. Fans have two All-Stars (and maybe more) who have embraced state like Hayward never did, and they can boast about the best record in the league. This is arguably the best Jazz team since the Finals runs in the late 90s. Hayward, meanwhile, is on a young team fighting for the playoffs in the East. For Jazz fans, it's easy to say they won.

would have been better if he'd stayed

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/...ke-conley-snub

The Utah Jazz have not had three players on an All-Star team since Stockton, Malone and Mark Eaton represented the Jazz in the 1989 game. The NBA has not announced when an injury replacement for Davis will be named.

Eaton!

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/...roll-weighs-in

should have ben playing for Utah not Atlanta

Two seasons ago, the Jazz were a decent 3-point shooting team that was elite defensively. That was flipped last season. These Jazz are now among the best at both — and have embraced the 3 like never before, leading the NBA in treys attempted (42.5 per game) and made (16.8, on pace for a league record). “Wow, they spread you out,” a West scout said. “They can drive it, shoot it and have a lob threat. They’re really tough to defend now.”
    – via Tim MacMahon @ ESPN

they were tough to defend at the end of Hayward's last season. The fact that they thought Ricky and Favors in the corner was a good idea is something else!

“You kind of go back to the old Detroit team that won it,” a longtime Western Conference scout said, referring to the 2003-04 Pistons, whose lone All-Star that season was Ben Wallace, a defensively dominant big man and Detroit’s sixth-leading scorer. “They just had a lot of really good players. “I thought Utah needed another star, but I’ve changed on that.”

It would likely mean the L.A. teams would meet each other in the second round, so the Jazz wouldn’t have to beat both the Lakers and the Clippers to get out of the West. “I think they’re the third-best team in the West,” an Eastern Conference executive whose team has lost to the Jazz recently said. “I think they might have the best record in the regular season, but I do not think they should be favored over either L.A. team. In fact, I would heavily favor the L.A. teams, but I like the Jazz a lot.

Assessing total career value is one way to answer the question of the best non-All-Star, but it’s not the only method. A “compiler” with a bunch of decent but unspectacular seasons can put together an impressive career without ever making a strong All-Star case in any one season. So we can also look at the list of non-All-Stars with the best peaks, defined for these purposes as their best five seasons. Using this peak method, Conley moves into third place on the list—and will probably jump up to second by the time this season finishes, as he’s on pace for one of the best campaigns of his career.
    – via Zach Kram @ The Ringer

Over his last 19 games, Williamson is averaging 26.8 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.9 assists, and he’s shooting an absurd 65.3 percent from the field. That’s an even higher shooting percentage than what fellow All-Star Rudy Gobert has for the season, and all he does on offense is set screens and dunk. The Pelicans forward also leads the league with 18.8 points in the paint per game. If the season ended today, that would be the highest number any player has put up since Shaquille O’Neal averaged 19.6 points in the paint per game in 2002-03.
    – via William Guillory @ The Athletic

and offensive rebound. Shouldn't be all star. Horrible defender

Glenn Robinson III was still away from the team when the Kings visited the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday and it was not clear if he would return. Sources with knowledge of the situation told The Sacramento Bee Robinson’s future with the team is uncertain as the deadline for nonguaranteed contracts approaches. Robinson was anticipating his release, but the team had not communicated its intentions as of Tuesday night, sources said.
    – via Sacramento Bee

I'd guess the Jazz would still be interested?

Ben Anderson: Sources tell me the @Utah Jazz are releasing Shaq Harrison.
    – via Twitter BensHoops

not surprising. I'd guess if they liked him he could be back. This is tax and flexibility related. I'm sure they will run with 13 as long as they are allowed(assuming injuries/Trump virus don't hit) before picking guys up on 10 days

it's too bad we never got to see him play outside garbage time