Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 Regular season- The tax team

https://kslsports.com/454081/jazz-lo...loss-in-miami/

The Jazz had a poor shooting night to open their road trip in Miami. As a team, they connected on just 42 percent of their shots from the floor and 32 percent from the three-point line.

they scored 116 points. Their problem was at the other end

Jordan Clarkson and Mike Conley were the Jazz worst offenders. Conley sunk just 6-15 from the floor and 2-7 threes, while Clarkson made a season-low 4-17 shoots from the floor and 3-12 from deep.

40% for Conley with 7 assists/2to/2stls. Not horrible

Despite a 30 point outing from Donovan Mitchell, the Jazz were unable to contain Jimmy Butler and Heat reserve guard Goran Dragic who combined to scored 59 of Miami’s 124 points.

11-26/5 to's and Conley was the problem!

https://kslsports.com/454128/heat-fo...jazz-in-miami/

With the loss, the Jazz started their four-game road trip off on a sour note, despite a strong 30 point outing from guard Donovan Mitchell.

same game I saw? This guy can do no wrong. Never a mention of his efficiency/to's/D

First, the Jazz get outshot by the opponent, and second, Mike Conley has a poor shooting performance of his own.

116 points. Conley shooting 40% wasn't the problem

The Heat meanwhile shot an impressive 51 percent from the floor and 46 percent from three.

as I said

Then, to complete the formula, Conley connected on just 6-15 shots for 40 percent.

did you see Clarkson? I'd say Conley was good

Miami targeted Conley on the defensive end forcing him to expend more energy on that end of the floor, and it appeared that the Jazz guard was frustrated by the amount of contact the Heat got away with when defending him.

looked like Bojan was their target as he and Mitchell should be

“I just missed shots,” Clarkson said. “We have great looks, especially myself. Just didn’t make them, just one of those nights.”

is their a bad look for you?

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...eam-did-miami/

So looking to keep his team’s 4-game win streak going, Spoelstra was aggressive in adapting his team’s game plan to his opponent. And that meant something we haven’t seen much of this year: opponents going to great lengths to target Bojan Bogdanovic.

COTM playing Bojan 30 minutes including the closing ones

Here’s the big question: how much do you think this game’s performance reflects what’s likely to happen moving forward, especially in the playoffs? Will teams be able to do attack Bogey so successfully then? It’s actually hard to know. Remember, Bogdanovic hasn’t faced playoff game-planning with the Jazz before. He did with Indiana, and actually took a lead role in defending LeBron James in a series that the Pacers impressively took the Cavs to seven games in. Referees might swallow that whistle in the playoffs.

as I said last year I'm not sure they aren't better without him

I think in a playoff game, the Jazz probably finish the game with Joe Ingles over Bogdanovic if a team was hunting him to this extent, but for now, it made sense to keep Bogdanovic in there and see how he could do in a tough situation. It’s definitely something to watch moving forward.

you think? You are a lot more confident in COTM than I am

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/...novan-mitchell

The Jazz’s shooting in the fourth quarter, in particular the shots from Mitchell and Jordan Clarkson in the final seconds of the game, was horrendous.
    Mitchell? How dare you!

The Heat were purposefully attacking Bogdanovic, getting Butler switched onto him in the pick-and-roll over and over and Bogdanovic couldn’t handle it. He picked up his fourth foul with 8:05 left in the third quarter and was on the wrong side of a lot of Butler’s buckets.
    again the bigger problem is nothing will change. He'll still be on the team. He'll still start. He'll still play big minutes

Overall the Jazz did not defend well against the Heat. They didn’t get the stops they needed, they were outrebounded by a large margin, missed rotations, left guys wide open and were a little more lax than we’ve seen in a while. Just not a great game overall from the Jazz.
    outrebounded by a team playing big/?Maybe A PF?

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/2/26/22...hell-post-game

For the Jazz, they got decent production out of their starters and the team played well enough to hang with the Heat for the majority of the game but it felt like they expended a lot of energy just to keep up and then ran out of gas at the end. Donovan Mitchell filled up the box score with 30 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists but unfortunately missed a late free throw that would have brought the Jazz within 117-118 and then had an unforced turnover on the next possession that sealed Utah’s fate.

30 on 26 shots and 5 TO's!

Game MVP
    Donovan Mitchell
    unreal!

i'm not worried about mitchell in the clutch

that clippers loss we had mitchell almost pulled a t-mac. one of the other games (can’t remember which one) he scored or assisted on 20 of the final 21 points. he’s good in the clutch, just couldn’t get it done tonight. got frustrated by miami’s physicality and the whistle not getting called for him and he definitely needs to be more collected in those situations. but overall i really don’t think it’s a problem for him

Posted by Viktor Vaughn on Feb 26, 2021 | 10:29 PM
    Mitchell lost the Clippers game in the 1st. MVP of that one too probably!

-I’m overall disappointed with the defensive strategy that Q had in the third quarter. Spo ran p/r with Butler/Kelly-O every time down the court to attack BB. Instead of just switching Bogie onto Butler, we tried hard hedging to keep Rolls on JB, which got him going downhill, which put the defense into rotation, which led to open shots or free throws. JB is really good, but if you just switch Bogie onto him, he’s not going to go get an uncontested layup. He’s going to hit him with stepbacks, get his body into him and try to score in the paint. Which is (a) not exactly scary, although Butler can win that matchup, but also, guess what, can do exactly against Royce or any defender in the NBA too, so nothing is really being taken away, and (b) is better than him getting downhill for fouls and/or kickouts to open shooters because of some obsession to have Rolls on him. It also pulls Gobert, unnecessarily, away from rebounding position, so it becomes even more difficult to secure the ball off a miss. Silly, imo.
    We did the same exact bullshit against Dragic too. Just switch it. Both JB and GD can win 1:1 matchups that are contested in the middle of the floor. So, what? It’s fine. Let them shoot 10-17’ shots that are defended and aren’t putting the defense in positions to over-rotate or foul because the defender is playing catch-up. It’s just dumb. What’s the worst that can happen? JB hits a shot over Bogie? Fn live with it.
    I thought we lost this game defensively because we let JB to go the free throw line and carry Miami’s offense at the stripe because QS felt bedeviled by the possibility that Bogie might have to contest a midrange jumpshot.

Posted by Karl Stalone 32 on Feb 27, 2021 | 3:45 AM
    How about just play Ingles or Morgan or Niang or Oni...

Eric Walden: Jordan Clarkson, asked if he could see Quin Snyder not being intense coaching at the All-Star Game: “Nah, not really — he’s probably gonna have LeBron getting back on transition defense, have guys crashing the glass.”
    – via Twitter tribjazz

38 pages of Xiao talking to himself

talking to you one of my favorite trolls

Eric Walden: Quin Snyder on coaching in the ASG: “Competition in the All-Star Game is something else. I don’t intend to put my thumbprint on the game. I’m hoping they can give me some advice on how not to screw it up. But no, I don’t have any illusions about why we’re there.”
    – via Twitter tribjazz

Sarah Todd: I told Quin Snyder that it’s probably humorous for people to imagine him coaching in a non-intense and more fun way ala All-Star and he said, “Oh, I don’t look like I’m having fun,” with a laugh. Said he’s looking forward to having some fun and that his wife is very excited too
    – via Twitter NBASarah

https://www.ksl.com/article/50115916...ainst-the-heat

If we include that technical, the Heat scored 14 points on the six possessions attacking Bogdanovic. In all, the Jazz were outscored by 18 when Bogdanovic was on the court. So ... a potential problem?

obviously it's a problem. You're trying to hide him and Mitchell and the bigger problem is he's the 2nd tallest guy out there but plays like one of the smallest. Teams with size are going to be a tough matchup as the Heat were with two bigs. Also the fact that Snyder won't bench Bojan and even had him in the game in crunch time despite the strong night Ingles had

The 4th (-0.6) is relatively meaningless considering the Jazz haven't played many meaningful minutes late in games.

wouldn't say it's meaningless because they've lost close games

With seemingly no inclination to spend money and pay the luxury tax and, with GM Jon Horst having virtually mortgaged the team’s future — he dealt three No. 1 picks (all unprotected) to acquire Jrue Holiday, the Bucks options are clearly limited. One player who could come at a small price and help them is Glenn Robinson III, who was recently released by Sacramento and whom the Bucks have shown interest in in the past. “I think he’s a solid player,’’ a player personnel official said of Robinson. “His shot is pretty good; his defense is pretty good. I think he’d be a handy pickup for a team like the Bucks looking for an off-the-bench guy.’’
    – via Woelfel's Press Box

and we know the Jazz like him

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/2/27/22...e-back-victory

Joe absolutely had a fantastic stat line: 17 points, 7 assists, and 2 rebounds with only 1 turnover whilst chipping in a block and a steal. Despite an uncharacteristic poor shooting game from Joe (just 7-13), he impacted the game much more than the raw box score contributions.

shoots 52% on the year. I guess you're trying to be funny?

I hate Bojan’s lack of defense and lack of rebounding as much or more than anyone else. But if Bojan was there in game five of the denver series, it would have ended there. I strongly believe that. Bojan will have clutch moments come the playoffs that will be remembered for the rest of jazz history. Dude is too good not to.

Posted by hamfist on Feb 28, 2021 | 9:21 AM
    no because the defense would have been even worse. Offense wasn't the problem except game 7