Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 195966676869
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 Regular season- The tax team

https://www.ksl.com/article/50151595...d-over-rockets

"I think they play harder when I'm out," Ingles said. "They told me that they try and get their plus/minus up when I'm out so I look bad, which is incredibly selfish of our guys."

two of the best players in the league come in and out of the game together and play less with Mitchell, Bojan and Clarkson. Not hard to figure out

Conley and Gobert figured out how to play with each other. They spent time in the offseason training as a duo to get each other's movements and timing locked in.

so why hasn't Mitchell been able to do this over several years?

Conley and Gobert pushed the Jazz out to a 9-point lead in the first six minutes before both heading to the bench. When they came back, the lead was down to 2. By their next break, five minutes later, Utah's lead had grown to 12 again.

that was the only bad stretch of the game

"It obviously shows the impact those guys have on the game," said Ingles, who had 21 points, six rebounds and four assists — but only a frail plus-15. "I don't know if it's a pointless stat or not — that's for the Twitter world to have a conversation about. But, I mean, if you told me something like that and the number that is, that's a pretty ridiculously high number, so it shows the impact those guys have for sure."

game to game it's pretty useless. Over the course of a season of seasons it has more meaning. They aren't 1,2 for no reason

"With me getting a little bit more comfortable in the offense, and defensively, quite frankly, me being able to give a little bit more on that end, I think (Rudy) really enjoys that and it kind of gets him going on the offensive end and it gets him running harder," Conley said "Gets him setting harder screens and rolling, knowing that I'm looking to make a play, I'm looking for him every time I come down and looking to throw a lob. … He just really feeds well off of just the unselfish nature that we have together."

I'm sure it's a lot different for Gobert knowing Conley and Ingles are looking to get him the ball instead of shooting it like Mitchell or Clarkson

https://www.deseret.com/2021/4/21/22...ordan-clarkson

All the usual suspects from the Jazz had a good night. Joe Ingles was firing without hesitation as was Jordan Clarkson, and the pair led the team with 43 points. Rudy Gobert and Mike Conley were a plus-44 and plus-46 respectively — which says a lot about them and a lot about the Rockets — while pitching in a combined 30 points.
    JC firing without hesitation. Imagine that!

I saw a lot of criticism on social media about the Rockets broadcast crew, and I get it, they aren’t great (a lot of really cringe-worthy stuff). But I do applaud them for trying to keep things light during a season when there is barely anything to be happy about.

Better than Bolerjack and whoever but who isn't

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/4/21/22...der-basketball

For one, I think tonight was a perfect example of how Bojan Bogdanovic needs to try and gather himself if he misses a couple shots early in a game. He ended the night with an unremarkable 14 points on 4-13 shooting and very clearly had a couple stretches where he was forcing the issue in an unproductive way. In a recent Downbeat Tavan wrote, he mentioned that part of Bogdanovic’s recent success has come from an uptick in his confidence with the ball. For Bogdanovic, a major marker in whether or not he is playing with confidence is if he attacks the basket looking to score rather than looking to draw a foul. Tonight, it was evident that the latter was happening.

he shouldn't be attacking at all. It doesn't usually end well. Catch and shoot period

i feel like Boler has no interest in any player outside of Jazz

the only time he refers to an opposing player is with "Oh my …. "

Posted by statpower on Apr 22, 2021 | 9:10 AM
    doesn't care much about anyone but Mitchell like most people I guess

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...win-west-jazz/

The Utah Jazz appear to be in the driver seat to get the 1-seed and clinch homecourt throughout the playoffs. The Jazz have the best halfcourt defense, an elite halfcourt offense, elite best defensive rebounding and the best 3-point shooting offense in the league. But one hole that teams could expose with Utah is their transition defense.

that should be less of a factor in the playoffs.

“2020” version of Bojan Bogdanovic must return

no. Even at his best I'm not sure he's a positive. The coach needs to be able to sit him and others if they aren't getting it done which I'm not sure he's capable of. Would have beat Denver last year if he was

When the playoffs start, defenses will undoubtedly try to shut down the Mitchell/Conley/Ingles + Gobert pick-and-roll by hedging picks and getting weakside paint help from defenders. If they do, Bojan will need to be ready to knock down open 3’s or attack the rim.

More concerning will be teams attacking him and Mitchell at the other end

https://hoopshabit.com/2021/04/21/ut...yoff-matchups/

It won’t be an ideal matchup for the Blazers by any means since the Jazz simply have an incredible amount of firepower, but for Jazz fans and neutral observers, this could be one of the more scintillating first-round matchups we’ve seen in recent history.

Portland sucks defensively. Should be a sweep

The Mavs are probably too good to be a bottom seed, which means that the Jazz could find themselves very unfortunate to have to meet them in the first round.

I love the way Gobert shut down Donic last time. Bring it on

While the Warriors are the inferior team to the Blazers and Mavs, simply seeing the world’s best 3-point shooter face off against the NBA’s best 3-point shooting team is enough to make this our top choice as a first-round matchup for the Utah Jazz.

They have champions so they could make it interesting but they just don't have enough

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Long time no see! Hope all is ok?

Yeah after Joe looked to be on the decline the past couple years he's better than ever and actually became an aggressive scorer. Apparently staying in Utah and working in the off season is the difference. Something good came out of the Trump virus afterall!
    All is well with me, just cut back a lot on my computer time! Randomly came back while I had a spare hour at work tonight. Everything good with you?