Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2734353637
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 Regular season- The tax team

https://kslsports.com/453952/the-jaz...handed-lakers/

Led by 18 point performances from Rudy Gobert and Jordan Clarkson, and near triple-doubles from Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley, the Jazz built a second quarter lead against the shorthanded Lakers and easily ran away with the victory in record-breaking style.

could we stop saying near triple doubles. 2 assists and 2 boards especially for a little guy is a lot

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...eam-last-year/

Mitchell shot poorly, but no one cares, because he had eight assists and 10 rebounds. Conley tried to call a play for Mitchell on the night he would have been most justified in raising his middle fingers to the world and getting shots up. Gobert led the team in scoring ó his field goals were assisted by three Mitchell passes and three Conley passes. Itís all clicking.

almost a triple dub!

To be honest, you also got the sense that these coaches ó and Iíll throw James in there as a kind of player-coach ó didnít want to show their hand. Thereís a really good chance that these teams will meet in the playoffs at some point, and so while the Lakersí attempts at defense were relatively half-hearted, their attempts to make adjustments to the Jazzís killer offense were one-tenth-hearted.

definitely made adjustments at half time and tried to stop the 3's and Rudy went to work. Pick your poison

I think on this Jazz team, it is not enough. Whereas once the Jazzís highest priority was defense, I think it is now offensive versatility ó everyone on the roster is capable of making these really smart, quick decisions with the ball in their hands to keep it moving and to find the open man. Harrison isnít a passer, at all, so he couldnít find a home here.

we don't really know what he is. He is a combo guard.

The trade deadline is on March 25 this year, so Iíd bet that they donít acquire their last roster spot in a trade. But Tuesday was the first day that teams could sign 10-day players, and there are some interesting possibilities, including on the Salt Lake City Stars... maybe they just give Yogi Ferrell or Malcolm Miller a look?

Miller has been horrible. Trevon Scott maybe but they need a vet not another young guy

I also wonder if they wait the full two weeks to sign someone. I mean, itís pretty clear that they donít need the help at the moment, and signing a player for the extra time just means the Jazz go further over the luxury tax. They may stay at 13 players for as long as possible to just help save the $110K ó the value of a 10-day contract this season ó against the books.

that would be my guess

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/2/24/22...mes-game-recap

There was only one legitimate concern from tonightís game: The Jazz lack size and strength outside of Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors. I think that this was apparent against both the Clippers and the Lakers.

was apparent all last year.

Who can guard Lebron or Kawhi outside of Oíneal? Maybe a bit of Ingles? I thought Niang looked vulnerable against both the Lakers and the Clippers. While Niang has exceeded expectations at times this season, I wonder how playable he will be in the playoffs.

Probably won't play. Rotation reduced in playoffs

I think Lakers might slip to 4 seed and phoenix up to 3 seed.

Posted by CJ Livinghousen on Feb 25, 2021 | 1:12 AM
    that would be bad

The Lakers are a really, really bad three-point shooting team

and as good as AD is, him being back in the lineup doesnít necessarily fix that. If it comes down to Jazz-Lakers in the playoffs, the Jazz might honestly be able to shoot their way through. LeBron is amazing, especially in the playoffs (no point denying it), but heís old and playing waaaay too many minutes per game. This could be our year, guys. Like, for real.

Posted by GregOstertagged on Feb 25, 2021 | 1:40 AM
    couldn't shoot last year either

We took a straw poll of league executives on which player outside of Bradley Beal could change the landscape of the playoff race. The unanimous answer was the veteran Thaddeus Young. Here is why Young has value around the league: Versatility: In the 26 games played this season, Young has played 70% at power forward and a career-high 30% at center. He has a career-high 116.7 offensive rating, with 88.5% of his points on two-point shots (last season that number was 57.7%).
    Ė via Bobby Marks @ ESPN

he'd be nice