Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020-21 Regular season- The tax team

https://kslsports.com/457693/gobert-...s-with-injury/

The Jazz battled back late in the second quarter after trailing by nearly 20 points and cut the Pacers’ advantage to nine with one minute left until halftime. Donovan Mitchell single-handedly brought them back by scoring 10 straight points for the Jazz. Indiana stopped a Jazz 7-0 run for a moment before Mitchell scored again to keep them within seven points. Malcolm Brogdon hit a three-pointer with six seconds left to put them up by 10 points. Caris LeVert stole the inbound pass and nailed a corner three to put the Pacers up by 13 at the half. They outscored the Jazz 37-32 in the second quarter and was up 69-56.

Mitchell single handedly went on a 7-0 run

https://www.ksl.com/article/50148649...uctural-damage

Utah also listed Rudy Gobert (right knee contusion) and Mike Conley (right knee soreness) as questionable, and Derrick Favors (right knee soreness) as doubtful for Saturday's matinee contest against the Lakers. Wojnarowski reported that all three are expected to miss that game.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/4/16/22...itchell-injury

It was a back and forth battle between 2 good teams in the 1st quarter. I’m really interested to watch Indiana come together now that Caris LeVert is playing again and getting acclimated to his new team. I think the most surprising thing about this 1st quarter was Illysova getting early burn. Especially after the way Brantley played last game, I think he deserves more minutes with the regular rotation. The Jazz really struggled to score midway through the quarter and the Pacers took advantage, building an 8 point lead after one.

you really expect it? The fact that Ersan is playing over Morgan tells you all you need to know about COTY

I do worry about the defense without Faves. He’s getting old, but he’s still by leaps and bounds the second best post defender we have and we badly need him healthy.

Posted by GregOstertagged on Apr 16, 2021 | 4:05 PM
    Morgan was great. Ersan looked ok. Brantley!

https://basketball.realgm.com/analys...ng-Boom-Part-2

Boasting a 41-14 record, the Utah Jazz are statistically the best team in the NBA this season. More, they are also perhaps the purest manifestation of the devastating interplay between talent and infrastructure. Donovan Mitchell, averaging 26.5 points per game with a 34.9 percent usage rate, is a superstar scorer—vibes-wise, at least. With the ball in his hands, he radiates chutzpah; he pops into off-the-dribble jumpers after shaking defenders with tight crossovers; he bursts into the lane and evades defenders mid-air with cursive finishes; he does good dunks. If basketball were scored like Olympic diving or pommelhorse, his artistic instincts and degree of difficulty alone would promise a spot among the league’s elite. The end result of all this coolness is murkier. Basic on/off statistics may be rife with issues and blindspots, but it’s notable that the Jazz are 8.5 points per 100 possessions better when Mitchell is on the bench than when he is on the court (per Cleaning the Glass).

my brother was worried when he went down yesterday. I told him the D and the ball movement just got a lot better and it did of course

Leading the league in made three-pointers, the Jazz are paradoxically built around Rudy Gobert, a low-usage non-shooting center whose most notable offensive contribution is standing in people’s way. In addition to being basketball’s most dominant defender, Gobert moonlights as the silent fulcrum for Utah’s offense. Ceding control of the ball and the spotlight to Mitchell, Gobert traffics in subtle destabilization. His screens spring small advantages that Utah’s guards then turn into big ones; his gravity as a roller demands defensive attention, allowing shooters to slip undetected into open space. Despite his modest point totals, Gobert’s +12.7 net rating is fifth amongst all bigs (per Cleaning the Glass) and advanced metrics universally place Gobert as somewhere between the first and 10th most valuable player in the league

https://kslsports.com/457790/jazz-fa...n-loss-column/

Jazz Reserves Nearly Steal Game In Regulation
    gave it away. Thanks COTY. Glad you're smarter than everybody

Ilyasova matched his career-high with six made threes but fouled out midway through the overtime period to leave the Jazz shot on experienced bodies.

Morgan has experience. Brantley and Oni have more than Forrest and know the system better than Thomas

With a fully healthy Jazz roster, it’s improbable that Ilyasova finds major minutes in the rotation. But, the veteran’s performance likely gave Snyder confidence to use him in a playoff game if the team needed him in a pinch.

If they face the Lakers him, Morgan and Brantley will need to play to have any chance

The Jazz also relied heavily on little-used Trent Forrest, Matt Thomas, Jarrell Brantley, Juwan Morgan, and Miye Oni who combined to play more than 45 of the Jazz 67 bench minutes. While George Niang scored nine points for the Jazz, the other five reserves scored just six points total, all of which came from Morgan highlighting the team’s inexperience towards the end of the roster.

Highlites COTY not playing Morgan, Oni and Brantley more and relying too much on Clarkson and Bojan

https://kslsports.com/457786/jordan-...in-regulation/

In the extra period, the Lakers took over and outscored the Jazz 17-5 to pick up a 127-115 win. Clarkson finished with 27 points on 11-of-27 shooting from the field and 5-for-15 from the three-point line. He got the start as did Ersan Ilyasova and Joe Ingles. Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors did not play.

funny you never show Mitchell's efficiency just how he carried them

https://www.ksl.com/article/50148765...d-lakers-in-ot

"We were just trying to find different guys that could make plays and kind of connect together," Snyder said. "That's not always that apparent in a short time so you're guessing on some level — obviously an educated guess but we had a lot of guys that came in and gave us contributions."

What is educated about your 10th man all year becoming the last guy on the bench or the guy that had been your 3rd center since last year suddenly not being any good or the guy that just gave you 20 great minutes barely seeing the floor while a rookie and the newest guy play?

And who would have expected that without two of their best ball-handlers and shooters, the Jazz still would have 31 assists and hit 23 3s?

No Mitchell. Almost everyone on the team can shoot including the bigs that played. Not really surprising

https://www.deseret.com/2021/4/17/22...rs-in-overtime

Jordan Clarkson was relentless on Saturday. He continued to push and attack throughout the game, and in the end it was Clarkson who the Jazz decided to give the ball to when the game was on the line. He converted on the Jazz’s biggest shot, hitting a 3 with 8.7 seconds left in regulation. Clarkson played 46 minutes and 7 seconds in just his second game after missing four straight with an ankle sprain. In overtime he was less effective on the offensive end but he wouldn’t give up on the hustle plays. He finished with 27 points, five rebounds and four assists.

played like he always does except in twice as many minutes. Actually started the game good passing the ball. COTY must have tole him to take over!

If we’re being honest, the best thing about this game for the Jazz is that they are able to take a lot of positives from the way the mostly bench lineup was able to play down the stretch of regulation, and even though they lost, it doesn’t say much of anything about the Jazz as a team.
    it says a lot about what they could be and won't be thanks to their coach

O’Neale had a couple of big dunks and a shot clock-beating 3-pointer. His shooting percentages were not great but he was less hesitant, and hopefully for him the buckets he was able to hit will give him a little more confidence moving forward.
    He was plenty hesitant until he was forced to take shots with the clock running down

The Lakers defense — even without LeBron James and Anthony Davis — is formidable, and that should really be the Jazz’s biggest takeaway from this game. They already know what Dennis Schroder is capable of on drives and the quickness that he plays with, but contending with the Lakers defense is going to be a challenge if these teams happen to meet in the playoffs. Even without Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors playing on Saturday, there are lessons that can be taken from this game.
    their D wasn't that good. With Gobert and Conley the Jazz's should be a lot better

Scott Foster feels like the one official in the league who needs to assert himself as the dominant force every night. I don’t know how Clarkson got a technical foul while he was dribbling and being fouled, but I guess whatever he said was enough to earn the Jazz their second technical of the game. The first one came from Bogdanovic complaining after a drive, which is old hat at this point. Still, I hate punishing players for being passionate and invested in the game.
    I have no problem with it. Difference between passion and whining

Just like when both Bryant and James won five NBA titles, Clarkson’s main source of motivation points toward collecting championship hardware. Unlike when Bryant and James both won Finals and regular-season MVP awards, Clarkson’s other source of motivation points toward becoming the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year. “If we’re winning games and we’re doing that, I’ll be rewarded for that,” Clarkson told USA TODAY Sports. “I feel like this is that time and that moment where I’ve impacted the game.”
    – via Mark Medina @ USA Today Sports

“If the Sixth Man of the Year award comes and I don’t get it, I don’t need the validation because my teammates, coaching staff and a lot of my peers gave me that,” Clarkson said. “They’re telling me, ‘I respect what you do’ and all of that. So, I know that goes a long way as well. But it’s definitely something I want to get accomplished one of these years. Hopefully it’s this year.”

So after a regular-season loss in Portland, Bryant chewed out his younger teammates over their attitude, work habits and decision making. “I remember him just really getting upset,” Clarkson said. “You’ve seen him come out of his skin and grill us a little bit. But from that point on, I felt all of us had a different look at everything with what we wanted to do. That’s probably, in terms of development, a little wake-up call.”

you shouldn't. Gunner. Ingles should win it

https://kslsports.com/457821/nba-say...z-lakers-game/

In the last two minute report that the NBA sent out, the first incorrect call was with 1:53 left in the fourth quarter when Kentavious Caldwell-Pope attacked the basket. Jazz forward Ersan Ilyasova attempted to take a charge but it was called a blocking foul. Utah had a three-point lead at the time but was up by just one after Caldwell-Pope made two free throws. The NBA said the call was wrong and should’ve been a charge.

obviously

“Schroder (LAL) uses his left hand to ward off Ilyasova’s (UTA) left arm and affects Ilyasova’s ability to contest the driving shot attempt,” the report read.

that's the ball game. If Ersan plays they win