Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: So California has mandatory lockdowns, mask wearing, and closures

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    I live in California. I was just out mountain bike riding today and good lord every single person on the trail is wearing a damn mask. I mean, I know it's required, but jfc we're so obsessed with masks out here. And everything else is shutdown, so why are the cases at ATHs? (Because stay-at-home orders, mask mandates, and closures don't do shit. we've known this forever.)
    I believe in wearing a mask indoors but I dont think its necessary outdoors. Again, I think these half ass lockdowns are a waste of time and they're ruining lives. We should have just done a FULL lockdown for a month in the beginning and kept all borders closed. That would have brought the cases down to 0.

Virus comes back? Catch it early on and do another full lockdown for 2 weeks. That's what a lot of countries have done and it worked.

Also, wtf is a point of a curfew?? Limiting hours of when people can go outside will just pack more people in the same place at 1 time. Curfews are the dumbest shit you can do in a pandemic.

Cleverness is a sociopath.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    At any given time you have 8 dups roaming this board. Not sure you are qualified to be the gatekeeper of sanity

Wrong.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare View Post
    don't understand why its so hard. shut everything down 100% for a month. give everyone an actual livable stimulus and let's ride
    So for exactly 1 month we will shut down pharmacies, nursing homes, elderly care facilities, veterinarians, airplanes, airports, buses, dentists, hospitals, contact tracers, administrators, urgent care centers, doctor offices, cancer screenings, roads, everyone in the energy sector, fire dept, ambulances, plumbing, waste disposal, public transportation, dept of defense, police, CIA, FBI, NSA, DEA, ATF, ICE, grocery stores, agriculture, suppliers, transporters, distributors, warehouses, IT, mfg of medical supplies, medical supply stores, banks, nuclear facilities, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, ... you serious Clark?

Oh, and how will you enforce stopping 330 million people from interacting with each other? Will there be drones outside of everyone's house making sure they don't visit their neighbor or heaven forbid help their grandma around the house? Remember, the contact tracers think roughly 75% of transmission occurs within homes.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    I believe in wearing a mask indoors but I dont think its necessary outdoors. Again, I think these half ass lockdowns are a waste of time and they're ruining lives. We should have just done a FULL lockdown for a month in the beginning and kept all borders closed. That would have brought the cases down to 0.

Virus comes back? Catch it early on and do another full lockdown for 2 weeks. That's what a lot of countries have done and it worked.

Also, wtf is a point of a curfew?? Limiting hours of when people can go outside will just pack more people in the same place at 1 time. Curfews are the dumbest shit you can do in a pandemic.
    Oh really, Japan did a full lockdown every time their cases rose? Cambodia? Kenya? Nope. Not even locked down as much as California, lol.

And as for your lockdown idea, read my post above.

There were at least a million infections in the US by end of March 2020. This wasn't going to be stopped and every scientist knew it. That's why the consensus was NOT to do lockdowns and we needed to ramp up hospital capacity because we would have roughly 10 million to 48 million hospitalizations. Luckily we haven't even hit 1 million with a rate less than seasonal flu, so none of it was needed in the first place.

https://twitter.com/T_Inglesby/statu...05162756616192

Quote Originally Posted by welfarefan View Post
    despite the accessories on my coffee table, i won't be indulging in some foreign unknown vaccine unless it comes in a powder form to snort or smoke. preferably the Peruvian farmers pharma ones

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Another dup account come on man log off and meet a woman

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Another dup account come on man log off and meet a woman
    Magatard on meltdown again and not using his AirBonner/Vino24 main accs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    He's one of the most sane people on here tbh

You do know that there are plenty of people not following these mandatory lockdowns and masks right?

Tennessee had no laws and they were the worst with this.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    You do know that there are plenty of people not following these mandatory lockdowns and masks right?

Tennessee had no laws and they were the worst with this.
    Ok, so if Tennessee was the "worst with this" and they're #24 (of 50) on Covid-19 deaths/capita in the US by state. What does that tell you?

So for exactly 1 month we will shut down pharmacies, nursing homes, elderly care facilities, veterinarians, airplanes, airports, buses, dentists, hospitals, contact tracers, administrators, urgent care centers, doctor offices, cancer screenings, roads, everyone in the energy sector, fire dept, ambulances, plumbing, waste disposal, public transportation, dept of defense, police, CIA, FBI, NSA, DEA, ATF, ICE, grocery stores, agriculture, suppliers, transporters, distributors, warehouses, IT, mfg of medical supplies, medical supply stores, banks, nuclear facilities, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, ... you serious Clark?

Oh, and how will you enforce stopping 330 million people from interacting with each other? Will there be drones outside of everyone's house making sure they don't visit their neighbor or heaven forbid help their grandma around the house? Remember, the contact tracers think roughly 75% of transmission occurs within homes.
    Still interested in HylianNightmare's thoughts.

Oh really, Japan did a full lockdown every time their cases rose? Cambodia? Kenya? Nope. Not even locked down as much as California, lol.

And as for your lockdown idea, read my post above.

There were at least a million infections in the US by end of March 2020. This wasn't going to be stopped and every scientist knew it. That's why the consensus was NOT to do lockdowns and we needed to ramp up hospital capacity because we would have roughly 10 million to 48 million hospitalizations. Luckily we haven't even hit 1 million with a rate less than seasonal flu, so none of it was needed in the first place.

https://twitter.com/T_Inglesby/statu...05162756616192
    And n00bie's.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Death to the police state of California! Lynch all of the political leaders in California!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Death to the police state of California! Lynch all of the political leaders in California!

You do realize people have gotten arrested for threatening online to kill people, right?