Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shouldn’t this be the year that Curry pulls a 2018 LeBron? (No excuses)

2018 LeBron in his 15th season at 33 years old took K Love to the Finals

Why can’t a younger Curry do something similar with Dray, Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman (all of which are >> Love)

What am I missing here?

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Shouldn’t this be the year that Curry pulls a 2018 LeBron? (No excuses)

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway View Post
    2018 LeBron in his 15th season at 33 years old took K Love to the Finals

Why can’t a younger Curry do something similar with Dray, Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman (all of which are >> Love)

What am I missing here?
    Nah he's not as good and he's in the west.

Default Re: Shouldn’t this be the year that Curry pulls a 2018 LeBron? (No excuses)

Jordan in his 15th season was asking Doug Collins if his coach still believed in him after scoring 6 points in a game.

Imagine LeBron in his 15th year asking Lue if Lue still believed in him.

"I'll carry this bum team to the finals myself".

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Nah he's not as good and he's in the west.
    LeBron just won a title coming from the West with a K Love type player as his 2nd option

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Jordan in his 15th season was asking Doug Collins if his coach still believed in him after scoring 6 points.

Imagine LeBron in his 15th year asked his coach that question. Lol.

"I'll carry this bum team to the finals myself".

Was that another one of MJs losing seasons without Pip? One of the 5 seasons with a losing record he had?

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Any other star would be expected to win a chip with that supporting cast. Steph isn't even expected to make the ****ing playoffs

Curry is a 4th/5th option caliber player anyways... dray is top dog right now with Wiseman ready to take over.

I genuinely don't even consider him top 300 all time. He's the biggest fluke in nba history

Dray and klay otoh are all time greats.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway View Post
    LeBron just won a title coming from the West with a K Love type player as his 2nd option
    First off no he didn't lol. Second its not even arguable. If bron was in the west his whole career with the exact same teams he'd only make the finals 4 times. This isn't even debatable

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

stephen curry can't carry an average team to contention. he's a system player, and that system was 3-4 HOF teammates and overwhelmingly talented 2nd unit

I rule the local playground OrlandoMagicGuy's Avatar

Can Steph do what A.I. did in 2001?

Facts Are Misleading

So many irresponsible posts in this short thread.

LeBron carried AD, who was a Klove type second option? What in the actual F

Curry a 4th-5th option... My god. You people gotta stop that. It's not funny or entertaining or anything besides being stupid.

Anyways, the adult answer to this question is it shouldn't surprise anyone. When they faced off in all those finals it was clear as day that LeBron was a clear tier above Curry as a player.

Curry is not a transcendent player when it comes to rising a teams floor. He is a transcendent player in fitting with and ultimately making a good team great because of his ability to be a huge threat without pounding the rock into the ground and play off ball while being the greatest floor spacer of all time. And his unselfish nature.

LeBron makes bad teams better than anyone ever. Not being as good as him in this regard isn't a knock.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    So many irresponsible posts in this short thread.

LeBron carried AD, who was a Klove type second option? What in the actual F

Curry a 4th-5th option... My god. You people gotta stop that. It's not funny or entertaining or anything besides being stupid.

Anyways, the adult answer to this question is it shouldn't surprise anyone. When they faced off in all those finals it was clear as day that LeBron was a clear tier above Curry as a player.

Curry is not a transcendent player when it comes to rising a teams floor. He is a transcendent player in fitting with and ultimately making a good team great because of his ability to be a huge threat without pounding the rock into the ground and play off ball while being the greatest floor spacer of all time. And his unselfish nature.

LeBron makes bad teams better than anyone ever. Not being as good as him in this regard isn't a knock.
    Good post. There's hope for this place yet.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Wasnt for kelly olynyk doing bjj on K Love and KD coming to Golden State, curry would have zero rings and ppl would calling him overrated nonstop on twitter

Good college starter

News of Curry's demise is premature. But that is to be expected from those prone to hyperventilating on this board. I saw other things in that first game that may lead to many here regretting their early celebrations later in the season. We shall see.

What Lebron did in 2018 was nothing special though, there was no justification for being swept by that Warriors team which struggled in Western Conference Playoffs. He would've been heroic if he managed 2-3 wins against the opponents, but following the sweep I just had to consider that Durant and Harden were better players in 2017-2018 season than Lebron.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kings2024Champs View Post
    Wasnt for kelly olynyk doing bjj on K Love and KD coming to Golden State, curry would have zero rings and ppl would calling him overrated nonstop on twitter
    Yeah there's a very good chance. This is why I've always said the warriors weren't an all time great team before KD. What did they do? They had one asterisk chip followed by an epic meltown. The 73 record was nice but without the chip it dosnt mean much. I'm sorry but one asterisk chil and a epic meltdown dosnt put you up there with birds Celtics, magics lakers, mj's bulls, shaq and kobe lakers and Duncan's spurs.