Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: Rank: Silence of the Lambs, Fight Club, Se7en, The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
    I don't like any of them.
    I loved them all including The Usual Suspects. I will say Fight Club is pretty intense and not easy to digest. That's one movie of the 4 that I can only watch once every few years. Once I watch it, I'm good for another 5-7 years. When I was a kid my username in Counter-Strike was Tyler Durden along with about a million other gamers lol. XxxTylerDurdenxxX or something like that

Local High School Star KennyPowers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    I loved them all including The Usual Suspects. I will say Fight Club is pretty intense and not easy to digest. That's one movie of the 4 that I can only watch once every few years. Once I watch it, I'm good for another 5-7 years. When I was a kid my username in Counter-Strike was Tyler Durden along with about a million other gamers lol. XxxTylerDurdenxxX or something like that
    The usual suspects is the one dvd I own out these movies and it's my favorite out of these movies.

They are good movies. I'm only interested in comedy tv anymore though.

1. Silence of the Lambs
    2. Se7en
    3. Fight Club
    4. Usual Suspects

Silence of the Lambs and Se7en are the clear two best, and could honestly be flipped and I wouldn't disagree

Fight Club is a really good movie, but I'm probably not as high on it as a lot of people are

I admittedly saw Usual Suspects once a few years ago, but I found it to be unbelievably boring and forgettable. Unless a rewatch changes my mind, definitely the worst of the group and one of the most overrated movies of all time

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

For reference if anyone cares

Metacritic user ratings

1. Fight Club 9.0
    2a. Se7en 8.9
    2b. Silence of the Lambs 8.9
    4. The Usual Suspects 8.8

Rotten Tomatoes

1. Silence of the Lambs 96%
    2. The Usual Suspects 89%
    3. Se7en 82%
    4. Fight Club 79%

Usual Suspects blew my mind first time I watched it, but you can't get the same thrill again if you know how it will end.. Same goes for Se7en I guess. I watched them years ago so I don't remember all of the details, but I remember enough where the entertainment value would be much less on rewatch.

But.. I would rank..
    1- Usual suspects
    2- se7en
    3- SoTL
    4- fight club

1 and 2 you can go 1a/1b. I prefer to rewatch Se7en though. Usual suspects is not much fun on rewatch

Se7en was never that interesting to me.

Never got the appeal.

No twist, no intrigue, no nothing... straight forward plot, one suspect the whole time, and the box could have only been one thing and it wasnt shocking at all.

As was stated, the atmosphere helps a lot..

atmosphere similar to Angel Heart only more modern.

Silence of the Lambs
    The Usual Suspects
    Fight Club
    Se7en

Of course Usual Suspects could also get 3rd place, once you saw it, it can be gimmicky knowing the reveal.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 12-26-2020 at 09:51 PM.

All 4 are nothing special for me personally.

Se7en is so easy to predict and boring. You know the ending halfway through if you're smart.

Fargo, L.A. Confidential... >>

Typical social media influenced answers. The Usual Suspect was great. The police line-up scene was one of the greatest scenes in movie history

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Typical social media influenced answers. The Usual Suspect was great. The police line-up scene was one of the greatest scenes in movie history
    How tf does "social media" influence the ranking of these movies?

Help me understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post

Help me understand that.
    Yeah, that shit made no sense. Is he under the impression these 20-30 year old movies are being frequently discussed and ranked on social media

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Help me understand that.
    He’s some low iq f.aggot who can’t stop talking about his wife’s friends for some reason and doesn’t get the picture that no one f.ucking cares. Put him on ignore and call it a day.

Silence
    Se7en
    Suspects
    Fight Club

Glad to see some other folks see FC for the pile of overhyped shit it is.

Help me understand that.
    Using movie metric as the guage and the typical I'll pick the least popular answer. Not saying everyone is doing it so don't take it personally.
    I already knew Se7en was going to be the most popular answer and the Usual Suspect was going to get shit on before clicking on this thread. These type of questions tend to make people less subjective and pick the cool answer.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    He’s some low iq f.aggot who can’t stop talking about his wife’s friends for some reason and doesn’t get the picture that no one f.ucking cares. Put him on ignore and call it a day.
    Says the guy who follows my posts. Lol. You seem to recall everything I post for someone who puts me in ignore you stupid beotch. Use your brain before contridicting yourself Einstein
    Last edited by hateraid; 12-29-2020 at 02:51 PM.