Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Kyrie Irving is the coldest motherfcker ever

Quote Originally Posted by rplozano23 View Post
    CTBasketball92 i’ve been reading your analysis on Kyrie Irving since 2016. You give a very accurate assessement of his game. You are obviously a fan just like I am. Its very frustrating that Kyrie cant get to the free throw line as much to boost his scoring. He has the sexiest game and most complete skill set which is ideal in crunch time, and yet he cant average more than 27 ppg because he cant get to the line when on an off night. Its even more frustrating how a guy like Trey Young and the 2016-17 version of IT can average more free throws with less size, speed and “skill” or moves. He needs to boost his FTA to be a truly dominant scorer.
    Aha thanks for reading! Yeah I've been a fan since the end of high school. It's wild because Kyrie is a high-level athlete. He's super twitchy and he's powerful and defenders bounce of him, but he seems to do moves so he avoids contact and he doesn't hunt for free throws. I don't think his ultimate goal is to be an Apex scorer per se. I think he's more the type to average 25/5/7 on 50/40/90 61 TS% type of numbers and keep his turnovers low and play sound defense. That's his kinda ultimate form. When he does that, to me he's a top 10 player. But he would be an MVP candidate if he could get his free throws to up over 7 a game. (Also note he was probably gonna average like 28 last year, and his free throws were up to over 5 a game).

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Trae hasn't proven anything in the playoffs yet so that's just nothing right now. I will gladly give him his due if he does. Regardless that's not the point. OP is mesmerized by Kyries current play which is still mostly coming from his superstar scoring ability. He's averaging 28 ppg on 131 ORTG with only 6 apg so it's still his scoring that is as dominant as ever.
    Yeah Kyrie isn't an amazing passer, but he's a very sound one who doesn't turn the ball over despite a high usage. I expect him to get 7 assists per game now that Dinwiddie is gone. His low turnover rate helps him in the clutch too. Him and LeBron were such a deadly duo because they both keep turnovers very low and make sensible decisions, yet can score from everywhere on the court.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92 View Post
    Aha thanks for reading! Yeah I've been a fan since the end of high school. It's wild because Kyrie is a high-level athlete. He's super twitchy and he's powerful and defenders bounce of him, but he seems to do moves so he avoids contact and he doesn't hunt for free throws. I don't think his ultimate goal is to be an Apex scorer per se. I think he's more the type to average 25/5/7 on 50/40/90 61 TS% type of numbers and keep his turnovers low and play sound defense. That's his kinda ultimate form. When he does that, to me he's a top 10 player. But he would be an MVP candidate if he could get his free throws to up over 7 a game. (Also note he was probably gonna average like 28 last year, and his free throws were up to over 5 a game).
    Its been a great pleasure reading your assessements to be honest. The most accurate scouting report on Irving I’ve read. I’ve watched in youtube every single point scored by Kyrie. He is very strong but just cant get to the line. A couple drives yesterday against the Hawks that he missed he should have gotten to the line. Had that been Trey Young on the exact play he would be shooting free throws. But in crunch time Kyrie thrives because he looks to get to his spot and take a high percentage shot. Your right he was on his way to averaging 28 ppg last season but injuries derailed his season. It was frustrating watching Kyrie getting only 2 freethrows yesterday while Trae Young had 15 or so. Kyrie has the size, speed to get to the line. Anyway I love reading all your posts!

Saw a basketball once

So true Kyrie is never the one to average 8 assists per game but he doesnt turn the ball over alot. If you noticed ESPN PER stats Kyrie is always top 10 and usually has higher PER than a player like Dame, who is ranked higher than him. Kyrie is considered a top 10 players using Hollinger’s advanced statistics. Just get his fta to 7 a game and he is a top 5 MVP caliber type player. By ESPN metrics Kyrie is a very efficient player with a PER between 25 to 28 the last 4 seasons.

Saw a basketball once

CTbasketball92 In Gilbert Arenas podcast he brought up alot of insight that I recall I read from a post you made in 2017 (about Kyrie and IT switching roles). And you mentioned you doubted Kyrie would average as much as IT if he played under Brad Steven’s offense. True enough they were traded for each other. I wanted you to be wrong and see Kyrie average 28-29. He ended up averaging 24 plus for two seasons but because of his efficiency he was All NBA 2nd team the next season with Boston. He should have been All NBA the first season in Boston but he had knee surgery after 60 games, 10 more games he would have been eligible.

Back to Gilbert Arenas assessement, Kyrie lacks the mindset to be an apex scorer. When Dame decided to get to the free throw line more his scoring floor and ceiling went up. Its funny in pick up ball I would actually think Kyrie can be a more dominant scorer than Dame and Young because there are no free throws. Kyrie blows Dame and Trae out of the water with scoring skill set with a vastly superior postup, midrange, triple threat game. But by the end of an NBA game those two end up with more points than Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    KD hits plenty of clutch shots himself though. Just that Kyrie hits more.

KD is broken mentally.

Bricking everything late again

All his clutch is gone

That bunnie GW attempt?

Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    KD is broken mentally.

Bricking everything late again

All his clutch is gone

That bunnie GW attempt?

Embarrassing
    Kyrie bricked the first shot. THE COLDEST.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    You think the coldest guy ever never missed a big shot?

Lmao

Nikkas still taking it up the ass for Durbrick

Decent college freshman

Kyrie with stellar defense