Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Ingram is a real star and future MVP candidate

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    1992 Grant... 14/10
    1994 Grant... 15/11

1992 Pippen.... 21.0 and 7.0 apg
    1994 Pippen.... 22.0 and 5.6 apg

^^^ pippen's peak scoring and assist production was higher alongside mj

So their stats were the same as their highs alongside MJ, aka they played to capacity alongside off-ball MJ

So the stats show that Pippen, Grant, and BJ grew by leaps and bounds every year alongside MJ and reached full capacity - from single-digit rookies to all-star.

Otoh, virtually no one grew their stats during their tenure with lebron.. players can't grow alongside lebron's ball-dominant, "john wall" skillset.. lol.. fraud
    dude why do you keep bringing up stats from an era where players were smoking and drinking at half-time?

its very dishonest. for all we know pippen would be a 40-20-15 type of player today if he wasnt smoking and drinking at half-time too. mike's stats would drop on the other hand.

Saw a basketball once

Brandon just had a MIP season and hes following it up with an even better season. He's already a star in the game. Now we're seeing if he can be a superstar.... so far in the short season he is 27/7/7 with 1 steal on 44% FG and 47% 3pt. Those are superstar numbers for the moment. His playmaking has gone to another level though, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post

What a lardbucket. 3piececombos need to put down the KFC

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    *Ingraham
    Never forget, OP is trying to lecture us on a player that he literally didn't even know what his name was

And since Ingram was in middle school when OP stopped watching basketball, he's never even seen him play at any level. Just keep that in mind anytime he makes a thread or posts about Ingraham

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Brandon Ingram will be an all star, but I don't think he'll ever reach the level of MVP candidate. There are too many elite players ahead of him, both young and old.

As far as Lebron not being able to play with Ingram, at this point who cares? Lebron and AD accomplished what they and the rest of the Lakers set out to do - win a Championship. The trade has more than paid for itself, and will continue to pay dividends in the future; Lakers cache, current star power, and the winning of the most recent title have already attracted top flight talent willing to take a discount to play with the Purple and Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Do yourself a favor, and learn the statistical realities of why Ingram couldn't excel alongside Lebron, while Pippen grew by leaps and bounds alongside Jordan

See the historical record on this here

Ultimately, lebron's your-turn-my-turn approach made Ingram a strict iso guy, thus robbing him of playmaking opportunity and the ball movement (catch-and-shoot) that Ingram excels at in New Orleans.. none of this would be an issue alongside off-ball MJ, which is why Pippen reached max capacity alongside Mike..

any decent coach would see the opportunity to run a ball movement system with Jordan's great fundamentals and goat skill diversity (off-ball/on-ball) - the goat combination of talent and brand would yield the best team ceiling, 6/6
    Why don't you do everyone a favor instead, explain to us how Ingraham couldn't excel alongside Lebron when he had indeed his best season to that point in his career. Then he followed it up with an allstar appearance and MIP award....AFTER spending a year next to Lebron. MJ made Scottie right? So I'm guessing Lebron made Ingraham an allstar too.

Now let's get back to normal human logic for a moment and leave your bizzaro takes in a safe place for later. I'd say Ingram's improvement is in line with what he's done year to year so far. And that's without taking into consideration (i know more common sense right?) the fact he played last year as a defacto 1st option and reaped the benefits a few more shot attempts bring to good players as far as a scoring average is concerned.

And of course let's address your real point here: No he's still not better than Scottie Pippen bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Never forget, OP is trying to lecture us on a player that he literally didn't even know what his name was

And since Ingram was in middle school when OP stopped watching basketball, he's never even seen him play at any level. Just keep that in mind anytime he makes a thread or posts about Ingraham
    Exactly.

NBA sixth man of the year

I will label him as an empty stats guy until proven otherwise. His advanced stats kind of sucked last year for an "allstar"

2.1 BPM and 11% win share 48

Him being from Duke is also not working for him. When has their ever been an MVP candidate from Duke.

Local High School Star

I actually believed for 2 seconds this guy made a non-LeBron thread.

Holy shit, he ALMOST said something someone actually wants of hear for once.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post

said something someone actually wants of hear for once.

Indeed, people can't handle the truth and don't want to hear it

lebron played 52 gms with ingram dummie

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    I will label him as an empty stats guy until proven otherwise. His advanced stats kind of sucked last year for an "allstar"

2.1 BPM and 11% win share 48

Him being from Duke is also not working for him. When has their ever been an MVP candidate from Duke.
    The closest that I can think of was Grant Hill, but even at his best I wouldn't put him in there.

Quote Originally Posted by trada7029 View Post
    Coming from the guy who says LeBron isn't even top 15 and Pippen was a role player You're legitimately one of the most in denial posters on the board

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    Why don't you do everyone a favor instead, explain to us how Ingraham couldn't excel alongside Lebron when he had indeed his best season to that point in his career. Then he followed it up with an allstar appearance and MIP award....AFTER spending a year next to Lebron. MJ made Scottie right? So I'm guessing Lebron made Ingraham an allstar too.

Now let's get back to normal human logic for a moment and leave your bizzaro takes in a safe place for later. I'd say Ingram's improvement is in line with what he's done year to year so far. And that's without taking into consideration (i know more common sense right?) the fact he played last year as a defacto 1st option and reaped the benefits a few more shot attempts bring to good players as far as a scoring average is concerned.

And of course let's address your real point here: No he's still not better than Scottie Pippen bro.

Exactly.

Ingram regressed under Lebron-ball, across the board:

2018 Ingram.... 13.8 PER... -1.2 BPM... 0.68 WS/48... 0.4 VORP
    2019 Ingram.... 13.4 PER... -2.0 BPM... 0.55 WS/48... 0.0 VORP

2020 Ingram.... perennial all-star (going forward)

Again - Ingram couldn't be a playmaking ball-handler because his assists were reduced by lebron and he was used as a "your-turn-my-turn" isolation guy... The "your-turn-my-turn" approach lacked ball movement so Ingram's catch-and-shoot was severely depressed compared to New Orleans

Ingram is a ball-handling playmaker and off-ball shooter, but he couldn't do these things alongside lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance (can't play "shooter" role)..
    Last edited by trada7029; 12-28-2020 at 02:51 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by trada7029 View Post
    No.

It’s just like a senile old woman telling people over and over about how she used to get lunch with Woodrow Wilson’s niece and they would discuss what they’d do if they were the first woman president.

Is the story true? Who gives a shit, stop telling us about it. It was barely interesting the first time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    No.

It’s just like a senile old woman telling people over and over about how she used to get lunch with Woodrow Wilson’s niece and they would discuss what they’d do if they were the first woman president.

Is the story true? Who gives a shit, stop telling us about it. It was barely interesting the first time.
    Nonsense