Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Jokic could average a trip-dub this season if he wanted too

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoMagicGuy View Post
    Right back at the Nuggets homer that thinks Jokic is the best center.I'm convinced you don't watch any Magic games because everything I told you is all facts.On what planet is a borderline tier 2 level player the best center?On what planet is a player that is absolute shit on defense the best center?A prime Dwight would be the best center today.
    No, you’re right. Vucevic is better than jokic

Yup. This is true.

What a funny hill to die on.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan View Post
    So both sides must acknowledge that the other player may be better?
    ”Must” is a bit much because with the obvious bias of both sides it’s probably a lost cause. I’d say an unbiased observer would have to say it’s a reasonable discussion to have once you concede scoring and defense is on one side. There may be examples otherwise....maybe think of some good two way player vs someone like Magic Johnson? Maybe something like that...but I can’t think of a specific matchup to compare.

Thats just a rough starting point to then conclude there is no comparison overall. Scoring and defense are...a lot. Not everything...but a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    ”Must” is a bit much because with the obvious bias of both sides it’s probably a lost cause. I’d say an unbiased observer would have to say it’s a reasonable discussion to have once you concede scoring and defense is on one side. There may be examples otherwise....maybe think of some good two way player vs someone like Magic Johnson? Maybe something like that...but I can’t think of a specific matchup to compare.

Thats just a rough starting point to then conclude there is no comparison overall. Scoring and defense are...a lot. Not everything...but a lot.
    It’s all moot at this point.

Vucevic is the best center now.

Let the vucevic v embiid debate begin.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I feel like when you concede that a player is a better scorer and defender)rebounder too really) you have to acknowledge there’s at least an argument to be made who the better player is. Kinda like a Payton vs Stockton situation(Payton be Nash may be better). Not exactly those matchups but each side has strengths.
    Embiid isn't a better scorer though. For their playoff careers, Jokic averages 25 ppg on 122 ORTG. FG%... 3PT%... FT%... TS... whatever you want to use. Jokic sweeps Embiid who only averages 22 ppg on 106 ORTG in the playoffs. They both average 11 boards a game in the playoffs and Jokic has twice the playmaking ability. So when you add it all up, he's winning in 2 categories by a lot, tied in 1, and losing only in 1.

Like I said. I love embiid fans.

So adorable.
    One nuggets fan acknowledged Embiid is better defensively. You didn’t quote and disagree so I’ll assume you agree that to be true. You admit he is a better scorer. So if a player is a better scorer and defender (assuming u believe that). What makes you so uneasy to hear someone say Embiid is a better player? Jokic shooting/passing trumps scoring and defense? Interesting, adorable really. But hey let me here you’re rebuttal here. Scoring and defending hold a lot of weight. Just not if you’re a Nuggets fan I guess.

I rule the local playground OrlandoMagicGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Embiid isn't a better scorer though. For their playoff careers, Jokic averages 25 ppg on 122 ORTG. FG%... 3PT%... FT%... TS... whatever you want to use. Jokic sweeps Embiid who only averages 22 ppg on 106 ORTG in the playoffs. They both average 11 boards a game in the playoffs and Jokic has twice the playmaking ability. So when you add it all up, he's winning in 2 categories by a lot, tied in 1, and losing only in 1.
    Jokic's stats doesn't match his level of play on the court,Embiid has a higher ceiling as an offensive player. Dwight was giving Jokic problems defensively.

It’s all moot at this point.

Vucevic is the best center now.

Let the vucevic v embiid debate begin.
    So you put your foot in your mouth by admitting he’s a better scorer. You can go ahead and say you made a mistake and Embiid is not. Lol I won’t hold it against you, promise.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Jokic's stats doesn't match his level of play on the court,Embiid has a higher ceiling as an offensive player. Dwight was giving Jokic problems defensively.
    They really do though. Jokic had more MVP votes than Embiid in both 2019 and 2020.

He made it all the way to the WCFs... an over achievement based on the projections.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I have no interest in arguments that need to be googled. I don’t care which of them you want because I’m a fan of both. Jokic is one of my favorite bigs ever in fact. I just don’t care any more about arguments of that nature. Especially when wrapped into that “in the playoffs” nonsense when they have had no common opponents. I’m just talking basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    One nuggets fan acknowledged Embiid is better defensively. You didn’t quote and disagree so I’ll assume you agree that to be true. You admit he is a better scorer. So if a player is a better scorer and defender (assuming u believe that). What makes you so uneasy to hear someone say Embiid is a better player? Jokic shooting/passing trumps scoring and defense? Interesting, adorable really. But hey let me here you’re rebuttal here. Scoring and defending hold a lot of weight. Just not if you’re a Nuggets fan I guess.
    It doesn’t. I don’t actually care. This is fun for me. We’ve gone over this a million times. Embiid fans care more than jokic fans.

I just want the team to win. Personal awards mean little to me.

If we want to agree embiid is better , it’s all yours.

The vucevic thing though? Man that’s just funny.

The word you are looking for is called "to"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    So you put your foot in your mouth by admitting he’s a better scorer. You can go ahead and say you made a mistake and Embiid is not. Lol I won’t hold it against you, promise.
    Yeah that’s fine. Trophy is in the Mail.

I rule the local playground OrlandoMagicGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    They really do though. Jokic had more MVP votes than Embiid in both 2019 and 2020.

He made it all the way to the WCFs... an over achievement based on the projections.
    Well shit all of this would be possible for Vucevic if he got to play on a more talented team.Getting a free ride to the WCF and fraud MVP votes somehow makes him a better player than Embiid and Vooch.

Well shit all of this would be possible for Vucevic if he got to play on a more talented team.Getting a free ride to the WCF and fraud MVP votes somehow makes him a better player than Embiid and Vooch.
    Yes. This is why vucevic isn’t better than embiid and jokic.

Free rides to the WCF? You are really struggling to keep this argument alive.

It doesn’t. I don’t actually care. This is fun for me. We’ve gone over this a million times. Embiid fans care more than jokic fans.

I just want the team to win. Personal awards mean little to me.

If we want to agree embiid is better , it’s all yours.

The vucevic thing though? Man that’s just funny.
    I never looked to argue. My earlier post I said it was debatable. Something I don’t think Jokic fans have ever done. But it matters none to me at this point either. Just wish Embiid had the 1/2 passing ability of Jokic.