Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Shaq claims he'da put 45 & 16 on Gobert after 3 quarters.

I feel like as players get older they start to see potential bigs entering all time lists and they have to remind us how dominant they are.

Rudy Gobert is not that players so I'm confused why Shaq is sensitive.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    It's not random. Gobert just got a huge contract. Shaq is a douche bag.
    Players always get huge contracts though.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I went to a Hawks/Lakers game near courtside when Shaq was with the Lakers. He is so big it is comical and he had some athleticism too. He also had some nice moves around the basket when he couldn't get all the way to the rim.

He was completely dominant in his prime. He does act a bit childish at times not sure what that is about. No reason to punch down on guys.

Shaq is the person who when you see them up close makes you realize most basketball players are just tall. Shaq isn’t tall. Shaq is big. A giant. He makes normal tall players look like undeveloped prospects.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Skinny types don't really work on Shaq even if they're great defenders.

Although this shit is probably all offensive fouling... Rudy would be in big trouble.

What's the context here? Did someone ask him what he would put up or he just put this on social media out of the blue?

It's not exactly the worst thing he could write but it adds to my "Shaq is an insecure asshole" list. Sick of seeing him in advertising at this point. Give the jobs to striving actors, not some terrible actor Freemason billionaire who randomly attacks and exposes his own fragility regularly.

Probably mad that his rookie cards still ain't worth shit compared to other legends.

Prime Shaq would wipe his ass with goberg

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Players always get huge contracts though.
    It's the biggest one yet for a center.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

No one respects Gobert, worst contract in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    It's true, he would destroy Gobert 1 on 1 and you would end up feeling sorry for Gobert. Look what Shaq did to Mutombo in the finals. I don't know why Shaq is randomly attacking Gobert though.
    Shaw been a bully. Nothing new. He likes throwing shots at big men. I mean Rudy isn’t worth $200mil. So that’s ultimately Shaq point which isn’t off base to say. But being the bully he is he has to throw shots. He attacked Dwight Howard a few times as well. Most recently when he won the nba finals

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    No one respects Gobert, worst contract in NBA history
    those that are on a good team and have a job because of Gobert carrying the franchise respect him. One of the best players in the game. Couldn't be the worst contract at any amount. Try a player that's not one of the best players at both ends and has been carrying his team for 6 years

Mitchell makes 24 million dollars less and isn't even one of the top 1 way players in the game. Westbrook makes more than Gobert and I certainly wouldn't want him!
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 01-04-2021 at 08:22 PM.

College star

Everyone is talking about Mutombo like he was 25 and playing in a fair game. The league catered to Shaq, especially after the 2000 season. Shaq's consistent offensive fouls were almost never called, to the point that the league had to rig the series with the Kings to get the Lakers into the finals to save it's crumbling ratings.

Shaq is overrated.

Shaq overrated?

He gave the Bulls the D in 1995 and bounced their asses.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    those that are on a good team and have a job because of Gobert carrying the franchise respect him. One of the best players in the game. Couldn't be the worst contract at any amount. Try a player that's not one of the best players at both ends and has been carrying his team for 6 years

Mitchell makes 24 million dollars less and isn't even one of the top 1 way players in the game. Westbrook makes more than Gobert and I certainly wouldn't want him!
    If he and Marcus Camby were on the same team at the same time and had to earn pt with no reputations to go off....it’s like 50/50 on who would start.

Shaq was so good that he sounds mythical to those who never saw him play live or understood his game. He was actually more underrated if anything because he played in the Golden age of Bigmen where his paint protection and individual defense got overshadowed by the Hakeems, Drobs etc as with other parts of his game. You dont hear about how fundamentally sound he was, executing quick moves before the double team comes with no wasted movements, his passing off the triangle etc. Instead people think he was only effective because he was big and got away with offensive fouls lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Shaq was so good that he sounds mythical to those who never saw him play live or understood his game. He was actually more underrated if anything because he played in the Golden age of Bigmen where his paint protection and individual defense got overshadowed by the Hakeems, Drobs etc as with other parts of his game. You dont hear about how fundamentally sound he was, executing quick moves before the double team comes with no wasted movements, his passing off the triangle etc. Instead people think he was only effective because he was big and got away with offensive fouls lol.
    Outside of rim protection he could have been so much better defensively. I think that is where Shaq could have been a much better player than he was. And of course hes top 10 all time so imagine. But i agree his passing was never given more credit. My Sixers played the lakers tough and had chances in games if anyone with two eyes watched the finals and not boxscores. There are key moments where Shaq would get doubled and make a great pass to an open Horry, Fox, Fisher for 3 to stop a Sixers surge, extend a lead late in the game from 3 to 6 etc. His passing was so on point that series at big moments. It's something a guy like Joel Embiid could benefit from. He would be a top 5 player if he could pass. And by pass I mean more than throwing the ball out the post. It's reading a defense. Vision. Knowing when it's coming and who to go too. If you're a low post big and can't pass? You need to check yourself.