Default anyone here good with PCs?

i removed the cmos battery to reset the bios, it seems to have worked bc i was able to boot, but now i'm having a bunch of weird shit. windows is being buggy af. for example, if i click on the windows button, it doesn't do anything, but i can click spotify app or chrome and they open up. i press the windows key and it opens up.

also, when i open certain things like my downloads or a big folder, takes forever to load. or somethings won' open at all. i downloaded a file today for work and it's not opening up tf? literally clicking on it and it doesn't do shit. the logos for some files are white as well. i have an ssd, shouldn't be taking forever to load a 1mb pdf file. some files won't open at all.

Default Re: anyone here good with PCs?

@chad smith

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    @chad smith
    my issue is now resolved, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    my issue is now resolved, thank you.
    Amen

ok. so what could be causing my screen to go black randomly? i thought it was the gpu, still does it with a different gpu. thought it was the monitor...does it with a different monitor. PSU maybe? monitor loses signal and the fans in my pc speed up when it happens. something is crashing, not sure what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    ok. so what could be causing my screen to go black randomly? i thought it was the gpu, still does it with a different gpu. thought it was the monitor...does it with a different monitor. PSU maybe? monitor loses signal and the fans in my pc speed up when it happens. something is crashing, not sure what it is..
    yeah, my guess would be to look at the psu. or maybe the cpu is overheating. be sure the cpu cooler is seated properly. my knowledge is limited though so i won't say anything beyond that.

did u ever get red dead 2 running?

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    yeah, my guess would be to look at the psu. or maybe the cpu is overheating. be sure the cpu cooler is seated properly. my knowledge is limited though so i won't say anything beyond that.

did u ever get red dead 2 running?
    im guessing ima have try and switch it with a working PSU. cpu temps look good from what i can see. the weird thing is the pc does just fine when gaming, it only crashes when i am watching basketball games on illegal streams or i'm on zoom. makes me think it might be video related somehow.

yeah, i stopped trying for like a month. tried it one last time and it suddenly worked lol.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Could be a corrupt video driver. Try completely uninstalling your current drive and installing a fresh copy. Google "DDU", it's a free tool that will completely remove your installed driver.

Saw a basketball once

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here.

MyFordBenefits Login