Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: Im bored. Help me out and put these 6 rarely compared point guards in order.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Sure.
    Parker
    Billups
    Payton
    Kyrie
    Rondo
    Deron
    Very good list. I might've swapped Billups and Parker, other than that I totally agree.

Default Re: Im bored. Help me out and put these 6 rarely compared point guards in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulico View Post
    Very good list. I might've swapped Billups and Parker, other than that I totally agree.
    Thanks, yeah I remember Parker being a little more crafty in the clutch so I went with him.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24 View Post
    Kyrie Batman is the reason the cavs won in 16..
    Do you believe the Cavs are reaching the finals with only Love/Kyrie?

Alright then, shut the fk up idiot.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Deron Williams, Gary Payton, Chauncey Billups, Kyrie(assume hes willing to play and as stable as he ever is), Rondo and Tony Parker.

1-6 in order of who you want most to start for your team in 2021....healthy and in peak form with their heads in the right place.

I just feel like reading some takes on people we (mostly)dont talk about as much while I kill time. I may not unbend my knees till like 11am. Its 7:30 as I type this. This is as good a use of my time as any.
    You should get up and stretch every two hours at least.

I'm nit going to consider who would be better in what era and just go with how good they were in their own time.

1: Payton. DPoY and as good or better than any of the others on offense. Not even that arguable to me.

2: Deron Williams. Seeing as we are only going with peak and not concerning ourselves with longevity, 20/10 with solid defense.

3: Billups. Most well-rounded player of this group and from the outside looking in the best leader.

4: Irving. Probably the best scorer on this list but only defends when he feels like it (he can/could but it's not his normal style) and doesn't get many assists compared to the rest of this list. Would be last if I factored in durability and is the last guy on this list I would want if I went with an evaluation based purely on my judgment.

5: Parker. I think he could have done more in his peak if he was surrounded by less talent so I'm giving him a little edge over Rondo, because he was better equipped to take a game over offensively than Rondo even though RR was a much better defender and better at setting teammates up.

6: Rondo. Really hate putting him here, and for the record the only guy on this list he never got to show himself to be a match for is GP due of course to age. Payton was the only better defender and none of them was a better passer. But that jumper was terrible and teams used it against him. A shame he didn't develop his shooting before he tore his ACL, might have been 2nd on this list.

Tony Parker
    Chauncey Billups
    Gary Payton
    Rondo
    Deron Williams
    Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    Tony Parker
    Chauncey Billups
    Gary Payton
    Rondo
    Deron Williams
    Kyrie
    None of these guys except Deron averaged 20/10 let alone 18/10. Deron Williams did it 5 times combined. The only Pg who averaged more than 10 ppg other than Deron is Rondo. The rest never did not even once.

Kyrie is a Shooting Guard.

Y'all are idiots. We are talking about point guards.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    None of these guys except Deron averaged 20/10 let alone 18/10. Deron Williams did it 5 times combined. The only Pg who averaged more than 10 ppg other than Deron is Rondo. The rest never did not even once.

Kyrie is a Shooting Guard.

Y'all are idiots. We are talking about point guards.
    Cool. We have different opinions.

Cool. We have different opinions.
    What is a point guard to you?
    A guy who can score 30 ppg and give you 4-5 apg

or a guy who can score 15-20 ppg and gives you 10+ PPG.

You are confused about the position bro.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

You are applying an arbitrary assist standard to a position that is only defined by what label the player's coach wants to give them. Your distinction isn't important.

I don't just look at the points and assists.

I look at the defense and how they perform when the lights are the brightest.

Parker wasn't the best defender but was a vital part of the Spurs during the title runs
    Chauncey was the leader of those Pistons teams. Could shut down the opposing PGs and do what he needed to on the offensive end. 17/6~ with great defense. What else do you want?

I'm not saying Deron is bad, there's just other PGs I'd take before him.

I don't just look at the points and assists.

I look at the defense and how they perform when the lights are the brightest.

Parker wasn't the best defender but was a vital part of the Spurs during the title runs
    Chauncey was the leader of those Pistons teams. Could shut down the opposing PGs and do what he needed to on the offensive end. 17/6~ with great defense. What else do you want?

I'm not saying Deron is bad, there's just other PGs I'd take before him.
    Deron Williams reached a conference final (as the man) with Utah.

What has Kyrie accomplished other than playing next to LeBron and getting carried?
    Just like Deron, Kyrie had his own teams (Cleveland & Boston) and where did he lead them?

Even if you don't look at the numbers. Deron had Boozer, old Pierce, KG and Joe Johnson. Kyrie played next to LeBron, Love, Tatum, Brown, Hayward and now KD/Harden.

Do you take that into consideration or that doesn't matter to you

1. Tony Parker

Oldschool:
    2. Payton
    3. Billups

Cancer:
    Irving, Williams, Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
    1. Tony Parker

Oldschool:
    2. Payton
    3. Billups

Cancer:
    Irving, Williams, Rondo
    You don't know basketball

Deron Williams reached a conference final (as the man) with Utah.

What has Kyrie accomplished other than playing next to LeBron and getting carried?
    Just like Deron, Kyrie had his own teams (Cleveland & Boston) and where did he lead them?

Even if you don't look at the numbers. Deron had Boozer, old Pierce, KG and Joe Johnson. Kyrie played next to LeBron, Love, Tatum, Brown, Hayward and now KD/Harden.

Do you take that into consideration or that doesn't matter to you
    What the hell are you even arguing about? I put Deron above Kyrie.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Deron Williams, Gary Payton, Chauncey Billups, Kyrie, Rondo and Tony Parker.
    Tony Parker
    Glove
    Chauncey
    Rondo
    Kyrie
    Deron Williams
    *Of all these guards I love Rondo his nail it mentality in the playoffs
    But of all the guards listed Deron Williams was my all time fav of these guys.. Coming out of Illinois he was more of a shooter and
    molded himself into a great PG under Sloan. (He was a great kick passer , challenged the low block with slashing , and kept
    defenses more honest , with his walk down the court and pulled up with a top of the key jumper. (It was a shame he left Utah)