Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Prime John Wall was crazy fast

I was just watching a Wizard's game and noticing how fast Beal is. His change of direction is unreal. Then I remembered when Wall played on Washington and made Beal look pedestrian. Only players I've seen with the ball as fast maybe Iverson or Rose. Possibly D'Aaron Fox. Wall may have been the fastest player with the ball all time.

Default Re: Prime John Wall was crazy fast

One of Walls problems is that he would go all out all the time. He would be out of control frequently on his drives which made him more predictable. There was no change of pace/change of direction. He rarely tried a Eurostep.

He would drive out of control, throw up an off balance shot which missed, fall to the ground and beg for a call.

Wasn't as fast as Westbrook or Rose, but he was fast.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

John Walls is quite an athlete , problem is he has suffered so many injury setbacks.
    I feel for him.
    Can't imagine him on a great team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

1-9

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    One of Walls problems is that he would go all out all the time. He would be out of control frequently on his drives which made him more predictable. There was no change of pace/change of direction. He rarely tried a Eurostep.

He would drive out of control, throw up an off balance shot which missed, fall to the ground and beg for a call.
    The Westbrook special lmao... I feel for you guys having to been led by those two knuckleheads over the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The Westbrook special lmao... I feel for you guys having to been led by those two knuckleheads over the past decade.

Wizards fans have been pretty impressed by Russ actually. Yes he makes dumb turnovers and takes too many jumpers but his intensity has a bigger impact than I realized.

Last night was a good example. Beal went out with an injury Russ carried us the rest of the way for the W.

Over the last 19 games we are 15-4. Three of the losses are by a combined 5 points against the Mavs, bucks, and Spurs.

Wizards fans have been pretty impressed by Russ actually. Yes he makes dumb turnovers and takes too many jumpers but his intensity has a bigger impact than I realized.

Last night was a good example. Beal went out with an injury Russ carried us the rest of the way for the W.

Over the last 19 games we are 15-4. Three of the losses are by a combined 5 points against the Mavs, bucks, and Spurs.
    I'm just saying thunder Westbrook used to do that all the time... Recklessly charge the lane and fling himself to the floor then scream for a call. When John Wall was healthy and prime he did lead you guys to the playoffs year after year and even into the 2nd round a handful of times, which is better than their current 9 seed.

I'm just saying thunder Westbrook used to do that all the time... Recklessly charge the lane and fling himself to the floor then scream for a call. When John Wall was healthy and prime he did lead you guys to the playoffs year after year and even into the 2nd round a handful of times, which is better than their current 9 seed.

I remember. Wall never played with the effort that Russ does. He would always make the effort to get chase down blocks because they made the highlights. But when it came down to getting around picks or chasing down loose balls he couldn't be bothered most of the time.

Russ was playing with a partially torn quad early in the season. Not to mention we lost our starting center after 10 games.

Right now we are starting Len at center. He was cut by Toronto earlier this year.

I remember. Wall never played with the effort that Russ does. He would always make the effort to get chase down blocks because they made the highlights. But when it came down to getting around picks or chasing down loose balls he couldn't be bothered most of the time.

Russ was playing with a partially torn quad early in the season. Not to mention we lost our starting center after 10 games.

Right now we are starting Len at center. He was cut by Toronto earlier this year.
    I guess you don’t like Wall but current Russ is nowhere near the player Wall was in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I guess you don’t like Wall but current Russ is nowhere near the player Wall was in 2017.

I have a Wall jersey BTW.

Westbrook since he has been healthy is better than any version of Wall. Any Wizards fan will tell you that. Wall had the same problem of taking too many jumpers, shooting poorly and turning it over. But he didn't have the relentless effort every night that Russ has even now.

Russ had a quad injury early in the season that he was trying to play through. Once he got over that he looks like a different player. Wizards fans don't miss Wall at all.

I have a Wall jersey BTW.

Westbrook since he has been healthy is better than any version of Wall. Any Wizards fan will tell you that. Wall had the same problem of taking too many jumpers, shooting poorly and turning it over. But he didn't have the relentless effort every night that Russ has even now.

Russ had a quad injury early in the season that he was trying to play through. Once he got over that he looks like a different player. Wizards fans don't miss Wall at all.
    I'm not a huge John Wall fan but he did average 23/11/5 on 111 ORTG leading the Wizards to a 49-33 record. Westbrook averages 22/11/11 but on only 103 ORTG and a flat 50 TS. Westbrooks been the most inefficient player on your team for the whole year and they have a losing record with him. The injury excuse is weak because Westbrook has been producing like that for almost his entire career. There's really no case to be made that wizards version of him was befter than peak Wall. In the earlier Thunder days id say Westbrook was better though.

I'm not a huge John Wall fan but he did average 23/11/5 on 111 ORTG leading the Wizards to a 49-33 record. Westbrook averages 22/11/11 but on only 103 ORTG and a flat 50 TS. Westbrooks been the most inefficient player on your team for the whole year and they have a losing record with him. The injury excuse is weak because Westbrook has been producing like that for almost his entire career. There's really no case to be made that wizards version of him was befter than peak Wall. In the earlier Thunder days id say Westbrook was better though.
    That is the simple minded view from someone who hasn't watched the games. When Russ was playing through an injury he was bad. Since he has gotten healthy he has played better than Wall ever did.

There are long time fans on the Wizards RealGM board who are saying Russ is our season MVP in spite of Beal having a huge year. I don't agree but you won't find anyone who doesnt think Westbrook is currently playing better than Wall did in 2017. Let's not pretend that Wall has ever been an efficient scorer.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...f=35&t=2079053

That is the simple minded view from someone who hasn't watched the games. When Russ was playing through an injury he was bad. Since he has gotten healthy he has played better than Wall ever did.

There are long time fans on the Wizards RealGM board who are saying Russ is our season MVP in spite of Beal having a huge year. I don't agree but you won't find anyone who doesnt think Westbrook is currently playing better than Wall did in 2017. Let's not pretend that Wall has ever been an efficient scorer.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...f=35&t=2079053
    Its a fact that 2017 Wall was a more efficient scorer and offensive producer. 111 ORTG > 103 ORTG, and 54 TS is > 50 TS. Wall also averaged more points with his team having a much better win %. Ive seen plenty of Westbrook and am not enamored with his hustle or fast pace since it doesnt generate good offenses because he uses so many possessions at a very inefficient rate. You guys have the 18th ranked offense this year and a losing record. Thats not a simple minded view, its just reality.

Back to Business

I really hate analytics and bs stats. It taints the game. John wall might be a better POINT guard but he has NEVER been and NEVER will be a better player than westbrook. Smh