Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default On this date in 1993, MJ scored 64, had 1 assist in an OT loss to Shaq

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: On this date in 1993, MJ scored 64, had 1 assist in an OT loss to Shaq

Mj could definitely be a chucker at times. It's bith his advantage and disadvantage compared to bron. In tough physical half court defensive games mj advantage over bron is he was much better at creating shots. He had a way bigger bag than bron scoring wise and was never afraid to get shots up. Bron at times throughout his career almost looked scared to shoot in these situations.

On the flip side mj could get trigger happy at times and force shots when he should of moved the ball. Bron was consistently better at this.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Default Re: On this date in 1993, MJ scored 64, had 1 assist in an OT loss to Shaq

Scott Skiles had 31 points and was 12/12 from the freethrow line?

No wonder the Bulls lost

Dunking on everybody in the park kabacho's Avatar

probably the closest MJ ever came to being a ballhog outside of the 1986-87 season, it was rather a game of oneupmanship against the dominant rookie Shaq, he made it clear early that it was one of his missions to outscore Shaq, MJ tried for a lot of, and hit a lot of, hard shots in the game, but he also missed a lot, and his team lost the game, it's really not one of the bright moments of his career IMO, as he took his team completely out of the game, he usually didn't play like this

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Mj could definitely be a chucker at times. It's bith his advantage and disadvantage compared to bron. In tough physical half court defensive games mj advantage over bron is he was much better at creating shots. He had a way bigger bag than bron scoring wise and was never afraid to get shots up. Bron at times throughout his career almost looked scared to shoot in these situations.

On the flip side mj could get trigger happy at times and force shots when he should of moved the ball. Bron was consistently better at this.
    MJ's scoring mentality was also an advantage because the thought of his going for 50+ points scared the crap out of teams. Perfect example is the 1993 ECF. MJ struggled shooting then scored 54 points in Game 4. Knicks were so scared the next game that they automatically doubled and tripled him whenever he touched the ball making for easy simple passes to teammates for open shots. MJ warped defenses... That's why his overall boost to a team's offense was greater than Lebron's. It was the threat of his scoring which opened shots for his teammates.

I think in his early years he was a bit too trigger happy and attempted a lot of difficult shots. From 87-88 he cleaned that up which is why his efficiency shot up a lot as well.

Welp, now he's out of my top 5 after this damning evidence

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Imagine hating on a dude for scoring 64 points lol.

OP is a faggot.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

OP is a faggot.
    imagine hating on dude who beat 73win team, come from 3-1 down, and lead in every category, imagine that..
    so whos the real fa**ot here?

If he passed more he would have won.

OP is a faggot.
    Aren't you the same dicknose who has repeatedly said that the regular season means absolutely nothing? Now all of a sudden you get shook by regular season stats??

Quote Originally Posted by zeerghit View Post
    imagine hating on dude who beat 73win team, come from 3-1 down, and lead in every category, imagine that..
    so whos the real fa**ot here?
    You.

And OP. You know the circumstances surrounding that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Aren't you the same dicknose who has repeatedly said that the regular season means absolutely nothing? Now all of a sudden you get shook by regular season stats??
    I'm not shook lmao... you brought these stats up. I didn't. I just called you out on it, chico.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    If he passed more he would have won.
    You're probably right, they would have won, it helps to involve teammates more than that rather than isolate that much. This game is kind of an anomaly for Jordan compared to the rest of his career. Jordan always lost a ton of efficiency in games once he cleared 30 shots in the game, which is going to happen to anyone relying on jumpshooting for even half their shots - it's not a good way to play. It wouldn't be much fun to be his teammate. Larry Bird had a few shooting displays where he'd make near 80% of his shots from mid-range and out while attempting at least 20 shots in the game, I'm not sure whether Mike ever did this. I'd imagine their muscles fatigued differently, but Mike had to expend quite a bit more energy within each game.

Tons of people would call a player who attempts 49 shots in a game a fakkit, or something along those lines. Wilt did it. Rick Barry did it. AI did it. Kobe did it. Hardly anyone's done it. There's a team out there, and they didn't involve their team in the game.
    Last edited by 72-10; 01-16-2021 at 06:24 PM.

I'm not shook lmao... you brought these stats up. I didn't. I just called you out on it, chico.
    Called me out on what? How was I hating for scoring 64pts?

The question is why would you care even if I was hating, when you think the regular season and stats are meaningless?