Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default President Biden stonewalls the keystone pipeline

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...4F5?li=BBnb7Kz

among 14 other executive actions, no other president has signed more than 1 of these orders upon entering office like this.

From 2017:

https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/27/new...obs/index.html

"The company and other supporters argue that the pipeline would create jobs indirectly for companies that sell products and services used to build the pipeline. The State Department report estimates that there would be a total of 42,000 indirect jobs created, with a total of $2 billion in wages. That comes to an average of about about $47,000 in wages per job.

TransCanada also pointed out that there would be benefits beyond the jobs and wages, including "significant property tax revenues, as well as sales and use and other tax revenues, to counties and states along the proposed project route."

in the last 2-3 weeks gas has gone up 30-40 cents a gallon more in my area

But you know who is really really mad about this more than anyone? It's probably Canada with their economy approaching madagascar levels. Trudeau is all like right now with biden. With the rise in prices, expect rises in food prices along with everything else that needs to be transported.

Least we don't got some guy on twitter being mean tho
    Last edited by paksat; 01-20-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Default Re: President Biden stonewalls the keystone pipeline

40 cents a gallon? where do you live, 1969?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    40 cents a gallon? where do you live, 1969?
    gasoline here in florida around the end of december was 1.99 to 2.09'ish and now it is anywhere from 2.29'ish to 2.40'ish being generate.

here i'll edit it so it's more clear and smaller brains can prevail.

Well, what did people expect? Voting Democrat doesn't just mean feeling woke. It also means a lighter wallet. Higher gas price are the least of it. Get ready for higher taxes, more expensive health insurance, higher utility costs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    gasoline here in florida around the end of december was 1.99 to 2.09'ish and now it is anywhere from 2.29'ish to 2.40'ish being generate.

here i'll edit it so it's more clear and smaller brains can prevail.
    plz edit more, my micro brain still too small

I never supported Keystone pipeline. I was hoping Obama would stop it, but he didn't. Glad Biden stopped it. I want him to stop the drilling in the Arctic too.

Biden already has plans to invest hundreds of billions into clean energy. Hope he re-instates the federal tax credits for buying electric vehicles from Tesla as well.

Decent college freshman

Good.

Lol at the Republicucks crying about the stonewalling of their precious pipeline!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Woke View Post
    Good.

Lol at the Republicucks crying about the stonewalling of their precious pipeline!
    No one cares about anything you post, you're the most blatant poster on this forum. Get a job and start paying taxes and then you'll start to care. Until then your welfare and food stamps that are being provided to you by people like me make you an irrelevant nobody that shouldn't have the ability to post on a forum, let alone vote.

If he wants to move the US to be more 'green' that's fine, it's his vision. But there really should be better timing. In a time where a lot of people are struggling, he's put peoples job in jeopardy as well as potential increase in gas prices for the rest of us.

When the country is thriving again we should look to transition those jobs from dirty energy to clean not just cut the project and those employed by it.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    No one cares about anything you post, you're the most blatant poster on this forum. Get a job and start paying taxes and then you'll start to care. Until then your welfare and food stamps that are being provided to you by people like me make you an irrelevant nobody that shouldn't have the ability to post on a forum, let alone vote.
    Quit projecting.

Biden's economy will provide plenty of jobs for hicks like you. You cannot stew in your mobile home forever boyo.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

There is a massive oil glut right now, the price of oil literally went negative during covid. OPEC has been having to limit oil production for years now because the price is too low, it completely collapsed. Honestly there couldn't be a better time for this, we have too much oil...and that probably won't change for years as the world transitions to electric.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    There is a massive oil glut right now, the price of oil literally went negative during covid. OPEC has been having to limit oil production for years now because the price is too low, it completely collapsed. Honestly there couldn't be a better time for this, we have too much oil...and that probably won't change for years as the world transitions to electric.
    It's not about oil or oil preserves, it's about peoples jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    It's not about oil or oil preserves, it's about peoples jobs.
    The low price of oil cost many jobs...high oil prices creates more.

Thus OPEC halting oil production... they need to keep the price up.

The "sweet spot" is around $75 a barrel...enough to keep gas prices low, and oil workers paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    The low price of oil cost many jobs...high oil prices creates more.

Thus OPEC halting oil production... they need to keep the price up.

The "sweet spot" is around $75 a barrel...enough to keep gas prices low, and oil workers paid.
    We will never have control of oil prices, that has to do with OPEC price fixing.

What we do have control over is when we opt to cancel keystone and how we do it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-...ll-11611184519
    https://aopl.org/stories/aopl-lament...s-on-first-day
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/k...-layoffs-begin
    https://time.com/5931945/keystone-xl...ipeline-biden/

This is a direct cause of job loss, no question about it.

10,000 jobs just like that.

Like I said, i'm not arguing against going against the Keystone deal, if you want to get rid of it fine. But there is a better way to do it than to just cut those who worked there.

We absolutely have control of prices, the US is the #1 producer of oil in the world and the uprising of the fracking industry is what collapsed oil and forced OPEC to do what they are doing.

Put covid on top of it, where the world produces oil but no one is driving...it sent oil negative...oil workers laid off.