Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Hornets and Suns 4lyfe Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26,735

    Default Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    He's been complete ass compared to how he played last season on OKC.

  2. #2
    Trust the process. Bankaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6,505

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    He went from taking the most FGA on a first round exit team to being the 3rd option behind two superstars on the reigning champions. His stats are still similar aside from the reduced efficiency, which should improve over time.

    Why does this still have to be explained?

  3. #3
    Hornets and Suns 4lyfe Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    26,735

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii View Post
    He went from taking the most FGA on a first round exit team to being the 3rd option behind two superstars on the reigning champions. His stats are still similar aside from the reduced efficiency, which should improve over time.

    Why does this still have to be explained?
    lol Saying he took the most shots on OKC like he was the guy defenders were gunning for his hilarious. That means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if you actually watched the Thunder play. Chris Paul was always the main attention of the defense whenever he was on the court and SGA and Gallinari were about similar afterwards. Usually I agree with you and I just made this thread to take the piss, but you are absolutely ****ing stupid if you think Shroder was anything close to being some kind of first option on the thunder because he was "taking the most fga". lol He was the 6th man who mostly played against teams 2nd teams. Seriously, know what you're talking about before you start. This just comes off too ****ing ignorant...especially when you are trying to say this against someone who actually watched the majority of Thunder games. Shroder is basically in the same role as far as totem pole, but it is definitely a different situation. Last season Paul basically played much less handsy with the ball till 4th quarters. He let other players do their thing and do their thing till the 4th quarter till he took a more hands on approach. He wasn't the ball dominant floor general he'd been in the past. Shroder is now having to play with one with LeBron, though. That's clearly taking a toll on Schroders game.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 01-22-2021 at 02:08 AM.

  4. #4
    NBA All-star NBAGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    9,105

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    He had an outlier year last year. Heíll get better but wonít match his efficiency from last year even taking less shots as a 3rd option now. His jumper isnít that good. Lakers are still happy with Dennis since heís a very good defender now. Ik what youíre getting at lol but it is to cp3s credit too that Dennis played well. at very least Dennis learned his foul baiting from cp3 lol.

    He really knows how to impact a game even when heís barely touching the ball and takes like 8 shots a game. Makes him very easy to play with even though he has a rep of being a ball dominant point guard. Okc had 4 guys score all around 17-20, unheard of in this era.

  5. #5
    Top 1 Bball Mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,542

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Is Shaq ball hurting Derek Fisher?

  6. #6
    2020 InsideHoops ROTY Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    13,280

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Role player vibes

  7. #7
    Trust the process. Bankaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6,505

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    lol Saying he took the most shots on OKC like he was the guy defenders were gunning for his hilarious. That means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if you actually watched the Thunder play. Chris Paul was always the main attention of the defense whenever he was on the court and SGA and Gallinari were about similar afterwards. Usually I agree with you and I just made this thread to take the piss, but you are absolutely ****ing stupid if you think Shroder was anything close to being some kind of first option on the thunder because he was "taking the most fga". lol He was the 6th man who mostly played against teams 2nd teams. Seriously, know what you're talking about before you start. This just comes off too ****ing ignorant...especially when you are trying to say this against someone who actually watched the majority of Thunder games. Shroder is basically in the same role as far as totem pole, but it is definitely a different situation. Last season Paul basically played much less handsy with the ball till 4th quarters. He let other players do their thing and do their thing till the 4th quarter till he took a more hands on approach. He wasn't the ball dominant floor general he'd been in the past. Shroder is now having to play with one with LeBron, though. That's clearly taking a toll on Schroders game.
    I intentionally avoided saying first option because CP3 was clearly the best player/first option.
    I stated Dennis had the most FGA because it would explain his current drop off in points.
    However, acting like CP isn’t ball dominant is comical. If you compare last year’s CP3 to this year’s Bron, they had equal times of possession, and if anything CP3 held the ball longer than Lebron.
    I missed you tho smoke, it’s always fun trolling you.

  8. #8
    National High School Star light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,057

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    He's been complete ass compared to how he played last season on OKC.
    Schroder has been awesome. He's been a very reliable scorer for the Lakers and a dogged defender.

    Last year the Lakers never knew who was going to score double digits after Bron and AD but this year Schroder and Trez are both good for 10+ every game - for the most part.

    He's been a major positive for the Lakeshow.

  9. #9
    Local High School Star TheGoatest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    It's going to gimp his ring-bearing finger due to the weight of gold and diamonds that will be on it after the season, in the same way it gimped otherwise craeer-losers Chris Bosh and Kevin Love.

  10. #10
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    AD is averaging his lowest RPG since his rookie days. These players are being degraded slowly into being spectators by their own teammate who want to keep averaging triple double.

  11. #11
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,394

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    poor man's rondo.

  12. #12
    Not airballing my layups anymore
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    AD is averaging his lowest RPG since his rookie days. These players are being degraded slowly into being spectators by their own teammate who want to keep averaging triple double.
    Were you one of those saying AD shouldve been finals mvp and was better last yr??

  13. #13
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings2024Champs View Post
    Were you one of those saying AD shouldve been finals mvp and was better last yr??
    It was close and I don't mind Lebron winning the bubble FMVP award. But AD is capable of more if not for Lebron dominating the ball and turning teammates into spectators.

  14. #14
    Not airballing my layups anymore
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    It was close and I don't mind Lebron winning the bubble FMVP award. But AD is capable of more if not for Lebron dominating the ball and turning teammates into spectators.
    Damn bron won a ring with spectators.. Goat carry job by him

  15. #15
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: Is Bran ball gimping Schroder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings2024Champs View Post
    Damn bron won a ring with spectators.. Goat carry job by him
    Pathetic right that the Lakers supposedly had the best lineup along with the Clips last year and yet Lebron debases his teammates by dominating the ball for stats and accolades.

    Versus Miami heat with Adebayo? Who in the west wouldn't? They were sure to win it. Lebron just had to make sure AD gets out of the way. That's the "King" for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •