Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: How much Protein do you need (get) a day ?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Well you criticized him for zero carb... when veggies really have basically no carbs that aren't immediately burned off because the amount is so negligible. And now he wants to go carnivore based on your advice. That's bad advice.
    Did I criticize him for eating carbs? Read again boy. Did I advise him not to eat any? Read again boy

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I got constipated just reading this.

Good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Did I criticize him for eating carbs? Read again boy. Did I advise him not to eat any? Read again boy
    You are correct Hateraid. You were just giving out accurate info.

Anyway, I will let you guys know how things go with protein only.....However, I will drink my coffee in the morning and my wine at night.
    Last edited by Rolando; 02-10-2021 at 09:03 AM.

cashew gets his daily dose from the sog on his sao

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    You are correct Hateraid. You were just giving out accurate info.

Anyway, I will let you guys know how things go with protein only.....However, I will drink my coffee in the morning and my wine at night.
    Tpols is a dolt who severely lacks comprehension. I'm not surprised he doesn't get it

Those low carb diets are good for short term results, but not long term. Understanding carbs as a whole should be your main goal. Learn the difference from low to high impact carbs. See when they can be incorporated into your diet. I've mentioned this before is when I was dieting for photoshoots I drank excessive beer everyday and was the leanest I've ever been. You can achieve the body you want with little restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Don't really think he's giving any advice, only pointing out that vegetables do in fact have carbs.

Good carbs for sure. I mean, the micro nutrients are critical for longterm health.

Without supplements while just eating meat is a REALLY bad idea. You'll get shredded but your cognition is everything. Doing keto should be fine if you're worried about excess carbs.
    Tpols is an idiot. These are the type of Jordan stans that drag down the rational ones.

I wanted to circle back to this as i didn't notice it was addressed to me

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    0.6 X my current bodyweight would be over 100g of protein which is difficult to get since I am intermittent fasting unless I drink a bunch of protein shakes
    Shakes, chicken, tuna... it's all the same once your digestive system churns it out. Protein powders are good in addition as well as they are quick assimilating and convenient. That 25 gram shake just took on 1/4 of your RDI for an active person. It's such a shitty thing powders receive a bad stigma because idiots don't have a clue about them so they knock them as "steroids" or "not real food"

Is there a reason why I should eat frequent small portions over what I currently do which is one or two large meals?
    Smaller portions frequently are easy to assimilate and balances blood sugar. Learn and understand insulin and you'll unlock the key to nutrition and proper dieting

Do you mind if i ask you what your current diet consists of and how do you manage to hit your macros?
    I stopped measuring what I eat and just be consistent. Greatly reduce starchy grains and sugar and eat smaller frequently. Feed you body so insulin doesn't go erratic
    I guess the closest thing I follow currently is 40/50/10. 40% carbs, 50% protein, 10% fat as my main meals.
    When I say learn about insulin also learn about impact carbs. Learn how they affect insulin. This is more of a long term lifestyle than a fab diet. If you learn all of that you'd have your cake and eat it too. Literally

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Don't really think he's giving any advice, only pointing out that vegetables do in fact have carbs.

Good carbs for sure. I mean, the micro nutrients are critical for longterm health.

Without supplements while just eating meat is a REALLY bad idea. You'll get shredded but your cognition is everything. Doing keto should be fine if you're worried about excess carbs.
    Yea I've done Keto before. You can easily enter ketosis eating meats and veggies... so the minimal carbs from them don't have much of an effect. Bolded is very true. A serving of carrots has 25 calories and ~5 grams of carbs. Broccoli 50 calories and ~10 grams. Literally nothing from a carb perspective, but you get a ton of nutrients to compliment the fat and proteins in the meats.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    I wanted to circle back to this as i didn't notice it was addressed to me

Shakes, chicken, tuna... it's all the same once your digestive system churns it out. Protein powders are good in addition as well as they are quick assimilating and convenient. That 25 gram shake just took on 1/4 of your RDI for an active person. It's such a shitty thing powders receive a bad stigma because idiots don't have a clue about them so they knock them as "steroids" or "not real food"

Smaller portions frequently are easy to assimilate and balances blood sugar. Learn and understand insulin and you'll unlock the key to nutrition and proper dieting

I stopped measuring what I eat and just be consistent. Greatly reduce starchy grains and sugar and eat smaller frequently. Feed you body so insulin doesn't go erratic
    I guess the closest thing I follow currently is 40/50/10. 40% carbs, 50% protein, 10% fat as my main meals.
    When I say learn about insulin also learn about impact carbs. Learn how they affect insulin. This is more of a long term lifestyle than a fab diet. If you learn all of that you'd have your cake and eat it too. Literally
    Protein shakes are a literal cheat code
    30g of protein in just one glass + they taste delicious if you use Whole Milk

I'll start going for 100+g a day once the gym opens up right now I am making sure I get around 1g per KG of bodyweight

I'll start going for 100+g a day once the gym opens up right now I am making sure I get around 1g per KG of bodyweight
    Make sure that thick particle doesn't cover your whole liver

Well ideally for a normal person who is not really exercising that would be an optimal amount. Exercise, especially weight training does tons of damage to muscle, and as all things damaged requires repair which is the suggested minimal 70% of your weight in LBs converted to the amount of grams of protein.

But really just consume your shake after your workout in that proper anabolic window (half an hour after workout). What ever you decide to mix just manipulates calories.
    Again, learn insulin and impact carbs and you will understand macros and dieting.

Yea I've done Keto before. You can easily enter ketosis eating meats and veggies... so the minimal carbs from them don't have much of an effect. Bolded is very true. A serving of carrots has 25 calories and ~5 grams of carbs. Broccoli 50 calories and ~10 grams. Literally nothing from a carb perspective, but you get a ton of nutrients to compliment the fat and proteins in the meats.
    Apologies boy?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Protein Shakes that use whey are really bad for you. It's a waste product. You're much better off going for lean cuts of high quality meat. Trader Joe's is my shit. Arnold used to live off steaks, lean chicken, fish, nuts, and vegetables. Don't listen to these GNC salesmen peddling bullshit. Seen it too many times.
    Last edited by tpols; 02-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Protein Shakes that use whey are really bad for you. It's a waste product. You're much better off going for lean cuts of high quality meat. Trader Joe's is my shit. Arnold used to live off steaks, lean chicken, fish, nuts, and vegetables. Don't listen to these GNC salesmen peddling bullshit. Seen it too many times.
    Did I try and sell him anything? Read boy.

Stupid shit like this is why you can't listen to this idiot. Doesn't know a thing about anything. He's in this thread like a kid wanting to join the grown up table.

Dumbass.

I wouldn't cop any advice from Tadpole. You're doing fine and shakes are completely fine if you're using recreationally. Nothing wrong with them. When he says "I've seen it too many times" he probably read it off reddit and thinks he's an expert. He doesn't know anything about what's in them. He just reads what he wants to read like a typical moron.