Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Biden Picks First Black Defense Secretary

The experts have said that the 'brass ceiling' has been broken as Biden has chosen the first Black defense secretary.

This is breaking news.

Default Re: Biden Picks First Black Defense Secretary

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post

The experts have said that the 'brass ceiling' has been broken as Biden has chosen the first Black defense secretary.

This is breaking news.
    I love race based hirings. Always ends up like shit like the clippers

How inspiring... no doubt the people of Syria and Yemen will be overjoyed to hear that from now on, the bombs being dropped in their countries are going to be rubber stamped by a "person of color", instead of some evil white male.

If you want Republicans to nominate someone you like, I have one solution: go win back the senate majority and presidency in next election.

Remember to find a better candidate next time because you lost everything under Trump including senate, house and presidency. You might be losing the Republican party altogether next once Trump is finished. Everything he touches dies.

The complete destruction of the republican party would probably be the best thing that could happen for the populist/trumpist "right". It will be a lot easier to put up a real opposition to the corporate/political establishment if there is just one establishment party instead of two of them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

As a black man I would hate to get hired for a job just for my skin colour

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    As a black man I would hate to get hired for a job just for my skin colour
    stop being a white supremacist

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    If you want Republicans to nominate someone you like, I have one solution: go win back the senate majority and presidency in next election.

Remember to find a better candidate next time because you lost everything under Trump including senate, house and presidency. You might be losing the Republican party altogether next once Trump is finished. Everything he touches dies.
    It's funny, you'll say that you want to get rid of the two party system, yet everything you write is from an us vs them mentality - us and them being the two main parties which currently exists.

You'll believe every story that's connected to the left(even if proven to be made up), like the Guciffer 2.0 hack, and reject every story that's connected to the right, because you are as partisan as they come.

Local High School Star Code Breaker's Avatar

If he’s qualified and has experience why not hire him. I mean Trump hired a brain surgeon to head housing and urban development

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post

Hard to win seats when you conspire with the media and accuse the President of colluding with Russians to steal an election in order to influence the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan View Post
    I love race based hirings. Always ends up like shit like the clippers
    Can you give us any evidence other than your racist views why he wouldn't be qualified for that position? Did you also feel the same way about Colin Powell when he was named chief of State and Secretary of State? Was he a race based hire?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Can you give us any evidence other than your racist views why he wouldn't be qualified for that position? Did you also feel the same way about Colin Powell when he was named chief of State and Secretary of State? Was he a race based hire?
    I don't think you understand his logic. For example, Trump hired Ric Grenell, a gay person, strictly because Trump felt he was the best person for the job. That's the most effective way to run and have things succeed. I hope you understand why. While hiring people strictly based on physical characteristics. Such as if they're black, or if they were born male but think they're female, it's just not going to produce the same effect. Specially if the main motivation behind the hiring is just to say they were the first such and such. It's just pure common sense.

I mean if the motivation is to get more votes, ensure that the woke people will vote for them, then perhaps it's very effective. Perhaps you're viewing it in that angle. But it also means that the motivation behind the hiring is strictly for self interest and not in the best interest of the country. It's putting yourself first instead of America first.

I just watched this video. It's funny how creepy Joe went from saying that Gay people are a security risk and should not have security clearance, to making it law that if a boy think he's a girl, then they can dominate girl's sports, and have access to the girl's locker room. What about an ISIS member who thinks he's an American female? Could they have security clearance?

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Great hire, lloyd austin has the resume and flawless track record to handle the job. joe making things happen

Local High School Star KennyPowers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    How inspiring... no doubt the people of Syria and Yemen will be overjoyed to hear that from now on, the bombs being dropped in their countries are going to be rubber stamped by a "person of color", instead of some evil white male.
    Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    I don't think you understand his logic. For example, Trump hired Ric Grenell, a gay person, strictly because Trump felt he was the best person for the job. That's the most effective way to run and have things succeed. I hope you understand why. While hiring people strictly based on physical characteristics. Such as if they're black, or if they were born male but think they're female, it's just not going to produce the same effect. Specially if the main motivation behind the hiring is just to say they were the first such and such. It's just pure common sense.

I mean if the motivation is to get more votes, ensure that the woke people will vote for them, then perhaps it's very effective. Perhaps you're viewing it in that angle. But it also means that the motivation behind the hiring is strictly for self interest and not in the best interest of the country. It's putting yourself first instead of America first.

I just watched this video. It's funny how creepy Joe went from saying that Gay people are a security risk and should not have security clearance, to making it law that if a boy think he's a girl, then they can dominate girl's sports, and have access to the girl's locker room. What about an ISIS member who thinks he's an American female? Could they have security clearance?
    Yeah my question was for that mouthbreather BigKobeFan but obviously he didn't have a retort and you tried but again, what basis do you have for stating it was a hire based solely on race? Can you give me specifics, like names of who is more qualified and why this black dude isn't qualified and only got picked for being black? Also, my stupid autocorrect wrote Chief of State instead of the correct term Chief of Staff when I made my point about Gen. Colin Powell, do you believe the Powell appointment was also race based? How about when he was appointed Secretary of State, race based? Let me guess, are you going to argue Condoleezza Rice was also appointed Secretary of State because she was black and a woman? Ooh, we get to check off two boxes there! So we should only hire old white men from here on out since hiring anyone else is apparently based solely on their demographic, amirite?
    Last edited by TheMan; 01-29-2021 at 01:09 PM.