Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Requirement to get the vaccine

Anyone here know if you're asked to show a negative antigen test, proving that you haven't yet been infected with Covid-19 in order to get a vaccine shot?

Default Re: Requirement to get the vaccine

Strange, I thought there was a bunch of people here going for vacination asap.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Strange, I thought there was a bunch of people here going for vacination asap.
    That would require them to leave their parent's basement.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Anyone here know if you're asked to show a negative antigen test, proving that you haven't yet been infected with Covid-19 in order to get a vaccine shot?
    Never heard of a negative antigen test requirement for it.

In fact, the CDC recommends that you to get a Covid-19 vaccination even if you've already been infected and recovered with Covid-19. Very strange times.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cines/faq.html

https://twitter.com/drscottjensen/st...20869364469770

Unless things have changed, no. I was never asked whether or not I have had COVID as far as I can recall. There were 10 or so questions I had to fill out prior, but that I believe was more for allergic reactions etc. that are with all vaccinations.

I know people who've been positive for COVID who received the vaccine (Via walgreens).

No. In USA, you just need an identification card to prove you are 18 or older and some places require you to be from that state.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    No. In USA, you just need an identification card to prove you are 18 or older and some places require you to be from that state.
    But that's racist.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Unless things have changed, no. I was never asked whether or not I have had COVID as far as I can recall. There were 10 or so questions I had to fill out prior, but that I believe was more for allergic reactions etc. that are with all vaccinations.

I know people who've been positive for COVID who received the vaccine (Via walgreens).
    Spoke to my mother who had second shot of Astra two days ago, was the same for her.

Pretty crazy considering there's a shortage of vaccines world wide. By far most people who've already had covid should be at the back of the line automatically.

Spoke to my mother who had second shot of Astra two days ago, was the same for her.

Pretty crazy considering there's a shortage of vaccines world wide. By far most people who've already had covid should be at the back of the line automatically.
    Well the problem with that is no one knows what strain they had unless they go through a lengthy process but otherwise I agree. It's just easier to poke them then go through it. Where I live there's actually a surplus and we've opened up to allow Virginians to come down here to NC.

Got my vax first dose scheduled for Sunday baby bois.

Well the problem with that is no one knows what strain they had unless they go through a lengthy process but otherwise I agree. It's just easier to poke them then go through it. Where I live there's actually a surplus and we've opened up to allow Virginians to come down here to NC.
    I thought the different countries were pretty good at tracking new variants, they're being reported on in many places at least.
    In Europe all countries are in shortage, some places are locking down longer and others open up extremely slow.
    I thought it would make sense with prioritisation, but I guess covid19 really is a virus that develops into more dangerous versions unlike others before it.

I wonder for how long vaccines will last and if there's any chance at all of a situation similar to Mareks disease.

I thought the different countries were pretty good at tracking new variants, they're being reported on in many places at least.
    In Europe all countries are in shortage, some places are locking down longer and others open up extremely slow.
    I thought it would make sense with prioritisation, but I guess covid19 really is a virus that develops into more dangerous versions unlike others before it.

I wonder for how long vaccines will last and if there's any chance at all of a situation similar to Mareks disease.

Who knows but its effectiveness will surely decline just like with any other vaccine (Influenza being a prime example).

Who knows but its effectiveness will surely decline just like with any other vaccine (Influenza being a prime example).
    I read somewhere that after 6 months, either moderna or pfizer's effectiveness went down to 91% from initial 95%.

I don't know if it's a linear dropoff or if the dropoff tapers off after a year. We won't know for sure until this summer when they can check the effectiveness dropoff after 1yr in the trial patients from last summer. If it's a linear dropoff then you might need a booster every 5yrs. If the dropoff tapers off then you might be okay for several decades with just the initial 2 doses. If you reach herd immunity then you might kill off the virus enough that you can go couple decades without a booster necessary, but hard to be sure if we will reach herd immunity with idiots like manny and pattychew running around and several different strains out there.

It doesn't seem quite as effective as measles vaccine, which never drops off. Once you get measles vaccine, you have like 98% effectiveness for rest of your life.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I read somewhere that after 6 months, either moderna or pfizer's effectiveness went down to 91% from initial 95%.

I don't know if it's a linear dropoff or if the dropoff tapers off after a year. We won't know for sure until this summer when they can check the effectiveness dropoff after 1yr in the trial patients from last summer. If it's a linear dropoff then you might need a booster every 5yrs. If the dropoff tapers off then you might be okay for several decades with just the initial 2 doses. If you reach herd immunity then you might kill off the virus enough that you can go couple decades without a booster necessary, but hard to be sure if we will reach herd immunity with idiots like manny and pattychew running around and several different strains out there.

It doesn't seem quite as effective as measles vaccine, which never drops off. Once you get measles vaccine, you have like 98% effectiveness for rest of your life.
    Not all viruses are the same.
    You can have chicken pox and be safe, and then get shingles decades later.
    Flu mutates all the time.
    Odds are we will need regular boosters as this thing mutates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    Not all viruses are the same.
    You can have chicken pox and be safe, and then get shingles decades later.
    Flu mutates all the time.
    Odds are we will need regular boosters as this thing mutates.
    This sucks