Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Heat vs. Nets

Default Re: Heat vs. Nets

Only Kyrie ball could turn a 34 ppg former MVP into a sub 20 ppg role player

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets View Post
    The defense was average even before the Harden trade. A lot of people underestimated the impact of Dinwiddie, he was the playmaker and he played elite defenses. It’s no coincidence that we won first 2 games by 54pts and held the opponents to under 100pts then. Now the coaching staff is using Harden like Dinwiddie except that Harden has worse defense, and this ain’t going to work well even if we still have Allen and depth.
    Lol this is going to be a major concern when the postseason nears. They've only held three opposing teams so far below 100. Maybe dinwiddie should start again as their pg while kyrie will be their sixth man. Or will the latter object that?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Lol this is going to be a major concern when the postseason nears. They've only held three opposing teams so far below 100. Maybe dinwiddie should start again as their pg while kyrie will be their sixth man. Or will the latter object that?
    I think the more concerning thing is the amount of close games

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    I can agree with that

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    the games are close because they are not defending.
    They give up whatever they score on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Irving will certainly not agree to play 6th man, though Dinwiddie is done for the season effectively so this is not going to happen anyway. Even if he makes a speedy recovery and manages to play in the postseason, his form wouldn’t be much better than Jameer Nelson in 2009 Finals.

College superstar

Irving will certainly not agree to play 6th man, though Dinwiddie is done for the season effectively so this is not going to happen anyway. Even if he makes a speedy recovery and manages to play in the postseason, his form wouldn’t be much better than Jameer Nelson in 2009 Finals.
    you need a guy like Jerami Grant . that dude is a beast on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    It's scary how obsessed you are with me.

F*cking creep.
    The r3tard doesn’t get out much

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I watched the game and a lot of the shots Bam hit we're simply unstoppable. I mean... he was blanketed, and still managed to make every damn jumper on Jeff Green. This RNG luck with opponents will eventually level out. They can't keep letting guys double up their averages but based on what I've witnessed, there's nothing to be done but more aggressive trapping and rotations/lane jumping. That's not a personel issue, but a coaching issue. The Nets don't lack length or athleticism or defensive ability... they lack the top down leadership to put it all together. Given the Harden trade, Nash is a poor coaching choice. If this team had a defensive minded coaching staff, they could let the superstar offense free lance, and actually put some defensive measures into place.
    So... in other words: another fluke?

Why are you the way you are? So special.

Oof i forgot about his acl tear damn. So i guess there's not much of a choice there after all.

We were playing absolutely sensationally until Dinwiddie went down for an injury, who was the playmaker and he played amazing defense. Since then, we had some ups and downs and eventually the FO became fed up with Irving's unexplained absence and traded for Harden. If this is the way they are using Harden, then Id say we would've been better off just trading Levert for Rubio. Rubio can run the point and play much better defense, he sucks on offense but whats the difference with the way our coaching staff is utilizing Harden? You dont force an eagle to be a crow...

You trade the team's entire depth for Harden and then ask him to play like Dinwiddie and Rubio, this is just unbelievable and catastrophic. Once the party is over, the stars are going to leave, the bandwagoners will be gone and moving on to the other teams, while the actual nets fans like me will stay with the team without picks and anything for the next 4-5 years. Sigh, lets just end the suffering right now, I am so done with this. At least I trust Sean Marks' ability to rebuild a 'hopeless' team into playoffs in 2-3 years, and we will be able to land stars in 2027-2028 again. Next time, lets hope Marks learns his lesson and not to make panic trades like this.

entire depth lol, you lost 2 players, one of which is out anyway right now, for an MVP, gimme a fckin break.

crying a river while having the most loaded team in the association

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

The Nets deserved to lose this game. Up 14 points in the fourth quarter, and double digits the entire game, yet this game goes down to the wire. Another game where we allow 120+ points. The defense is the worst I've seen from a Nets team in recent memory. It's just awful. The worst part? There is no improvement as the season is going on. I actually think it's getting worse. Man, the first two games really fooled us. Nets didn't allow more than 100 points in either of those 2 games and held both opponents under 40% shooting.

College superstar

Part II

Amazing defense from the Heat. They double Harden, Robinson is in early on the roll and gets out to Harris, then they double Kyrie. On the weak side as the ball rotates Bam goes to Harris and Dragic goes to KD. Then they absorb the Harris cut which turns into a turnover

https://twitter.com/i/status/1353869012787097601

College superstar

Both teams out there bricking

College superstar

Adebayo is dominating the paint