Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Default Marvin Bagley at #2 revisited. He has an 8'10 standing reach. So why Sac? Why?

Luka's standing reach is only an inch shorter than Bagleys. Bagley is tall but has no length. Lebron James and Jayson Tatum are just as long as 6'11 Bagley. He could be have had James Wiseman potential if he was healthy and had his 9'6 standing reach but that's not the case.

It puzzles me every time I see Sac play that Vlade would choose a 6'11 player that has a wing's length, and doesn't possess elite passing with only respectable shooting.

Why Vlade? Why?

Default Re: Marvin Bagley at #2 revisited. He has an 8'10 standing reach. So why Sac? Why?

Basketball skill and player's desire to improve themselves matters so much more than physical attributes. People tend to overrate a player's potential just because they have good measurable. Who cares? What matters is what they do on the court.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Default Re: Marvin Bagley at #2 revisited. He has an 8'10 standing reach. So why Sac? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk View Post
    Basketball skill and player's desire to improve themselves matters so much more than physical attributes. People tend to overrate a player's potential just because they have good measurable. Who cares? What matters is what they do on the court.
    I think standing reach has a psychological effect on players in the NBA. The fact that they are now in a league with shorter players with crazy length outrebounding them intimidates them. Name me an elite player 6'10+ in the last 20 years with a standing reach of under 9ft? The only one I can think of is Trex arms Blake Griffin and he had insane athletiscm. Standing reach and free throw shooting in draft choices can not be understated.