Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Everything Except Leading Your Team to Rings is Subjective Bull...

Quote Originally Posted by Gudo View Post
    In boxing there is a concensus goat, that’s sugar ray robinson. Even so, you will still find lists that have ali or somebody else at number 1. And that is an individual sport where its supposed to be the easiest to compare boxers. Also, boxing generally has stayed unchanged over decades so it is easier to compare across eras.
    Yep, boxing is different because like you said, it's an individual sport. Although i wasn't comparing stats with what i said earlier.

In basketball, the officiating and how the game is played has changed by a lot. I personally dont even know how to regard bill russell who played in an era where basketball was so different. He has the accolades but I just don’t have a good feel of how he translates across eras as a player. Debates like this would be harder to settle.
    Yes, it's hard. That's why at times it is better to look at their success as a team because one thing's for sure; they were dominant during their era, regardless of competition, league rules, playoff formats, field goal modes, etc.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Everything Except Leading Your Team to Rings is Subjective Bull...

Quote Originally Posted by Gudo View Post
    In boxing there is a concensus goat, that’s sugar ray robinson.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but do you have a source for this? If I had to guess a "consensus" GOAT boxer, it would be Muhammad Ali.