Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Have white cops stop killing black folks?

Used to see alot of cop killings topics here. Snowflakes trying to cause chaos, telling us how cops should deal with non compliant criminals, from their mother's basement. Or cops less mean now? Didn't follow as i quit social media, world's a mess.

Default Re: Have white cops stop killing black folks?

The anti-cop narrative fizzled out after the election. It did what it was supposed to, kept certain people on the reservation voting Democrat.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

How many innocent Blacks were killed since George Floyd last year? Like none.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

The problem is that cops harass blacks by the millions daily - this consistent harassment results in the rare extreme cases of shootings a couple dozen times a year

So it's the harassment of the black community and resulting negative vibe/relationship that is the problem - the shootings are merely a symptom of this problem.

On an unrelated note - I know a lot of white people think that people should be able to say the "n" word out loud when recounting a story where the "n" word was used.. After all, free speech is free speech and people should certainly be able to use the "n" word when recounting a story... But the problem is that the "n" word makes many people sick to their stomach to hear, so advocating it's use is like advocating for the right to fart in an elevator.. after all, it's LEGAL, right?
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-10-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    The problem is that cops harass blacks by the millions daily - this consistent harassment results in the rare extreme cases of shootings a couple dozen times a year

So it's the harassment of the black community and resulting negative vibe/relationship that is the problem - the shootings are merely a symptom of this problem.

On an unrelated note - I know a lot of white people think that people should be able to say the "n" word out loud when recounting a story where the "n" word was used.. After all, free speech is free speech and people should certainly be able to use the "n" word when recounting a story... But the problem is that the "n" word makes many people sick to their stomach to hear, so advocating it's use is like advocating for the right to fart in an elevator.. after all, it's LEGAL, right?
    I love your Michael Jordan takes. Clean up your communities buddy. Hardly any non violent, thriving black neighbourhoods.. baby mama's, criminals and killings left and right. And i'm talking about the last 70 years. Every good black citizen for some reason has that "street dickriding" mentality, i don't understand. Making excuses for the culture and communities that you guys run away from the minute you earn a decent living.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

one benefit of covid is the school shootings have stopped

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    I love your Michael Jordan takes. Clean up your communities buddy. Hardly any non violent, thriving black neighbourhoods.. baby mama's, criminals and killings left and right. And i'm talking about the last 70 years. Every good black citizen for some reason has that "street dickriding" mentality, i don't understand. Making excuses for the culture and communities that you guys run away from the minute you earn a decent living.

Africans that came here willingly (legal immigrants) earn much more than US-born whites:

2010 Average Income

African Women Immigrants.... $40,699
    US Born White Women............ $27,114
    African-American Women....... $21,696

African Men Immigrants......... $45,373
    US Born White Men................. $49,478
    African-American Men............ $24,000

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cou...united-states/

CONCLUSION: Africans that immigrate willingly earn the most, while Africans that immigrated unwillingly earn the least (slaves and African-American descendants).. aka slavery is the reason for the lower socioeconomic status of African-Americans

Decent college freshman

Africans that came here willingly (legal immigrants) earn much more than US-born whites:

2010 Average Income

CONCLUSION: Africans that immigrate willingly earn the most, while Africans that immigrated unwillingly earn the least (slaves and African-American descendants).. aka slavery is the reason for the lower socioeconomic status of African-Americans
    I knew it, slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    I knew it, slavery.

Indeed...

When the laws finally evened up in the 60's, there was an entire race (black-americans) that were severely under-educated..

This doesn't fix overnight.. Most uneducated people have parents who were uneducated - being poor and uneducated is passed down from generation to generation like alcoholism..

If we evaluated 100 kids from poor, uneducated households, perhaps 3 or 4 will have the random forsight or somehow get the exposure needed to escape the cycle and get to college.

kids who are "the first to attend college in my family" are exceptions by definition of being the first.. exceptions by definition are RARE.

So you can't blame black-americans for their lower socioeconomic status, but you can't rely primarily on handouts to fix the problem - that has failed..

The answer is to look at what's missing in many black-american households compared to the trust fund babies that go to ivy league.. the answer is educated parents that provide structure - so this must be provided to the poor black youth, but how?

Imagine if 100 kids from the projects were sent to the very best boarding school or private school in the country from kindergarten through 8th grade.. They'd have access to the best teachers, curriculum, activities and outlook on life - this would essentially be a substitute for the parenting and structure they aren't getting at home.. It wouldn't be a total solution, but it would be enough - kids are influenced by their environment - trust fund kids that attend public schools end up piercing their tongue and getting a tattoo, so the same works in reverse when less fortunate kids are given access to the best from a young age.

So I guess the Republicans might have something with their push for charter schools.. They potentially have the solution, but should be willing to concede that 300 years of slavery did establish a foundation of racism, and the laws getting even in the 60's didn't change this fact.

When the laws finally evened up in the 60's, there was an entire race (black-americans) that were severely under-educated..

This doesn't fix overnight.. Most uneducated people have parents who were uneducated - being poor and uneducated is passed down from generation to generation like alcoholism..

If we evaluated 100 kids from poor, uneducated households, perhaps 3 or 4 will have the random forsight or somehow get the exposure needed to escape the cycle and get to college.

kids who are the "first to attend college in my family" are exceptions by definition of being the first.. exceptions by definition are RARE.

So you can't blame black-americans for their lower socioeconomic status, but you can't rely primarily on handouts to fix the problem - that has failed..

The answer is to look at what's missing in many black-american households compared to the trust fund babies that go to ivy league.. the answer is educated parents that provide structure - so this must be provided to the poor black youth, but how?

Imagine if 100 kids from the projects were sent to the very best private school in the country from kindergarten through 8th grade.. They'd have access to the best teachers, curriculum, activities and outlook on life - this would essentially be a substitute for the parenting and structure they aren't getting at home.. It wouldn't be a total solution, but it would be enough - kids are influenced by their environment - trust fund kids that attend public schools end up piercing their tongue and getting a tattoo, so the same works in reverse when less fortunate kids are given access to the best from a young age.

So I guess the Republicans might have something with their push for charter schools.. They potentially have the solution, but should be willing to concede that 300 years of slavery did establish a foundation of racism, and the laws getting even in the 60's didn't change this fact.

Btw, the article said that African immigrants have more education than white americans, which helps explain their ability to earn more.. However, despite African male immigrants having significantly more education than white males, they still trail slightly in income.. the article attributes this to systemic and overt racism/stereotypes.. Otoh, African women have more education than white women, and make significantly more

2010 Average Income

How in the hell does income difference equate to slavery being the independent variable of cause and effect? You are seriously dumb as rocks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I live in a neighborhood where I hear fellas drop the n word in conversation left and right. They don't seem sick to their stomach at all when doing it (and they're black)

Decent college freshman

You'll never hear white folks say "got to get outta the hood". Better yet, you all run to the white folks neighbourhoods.. and still complain, and destroy it. They don't need you, fools. Grow tf up. You don't have real men, too immature mentally, not all but most that are smart and don't live in the ghetto are blind defending their idiots and issues anyway.

Local High School Star

2010 Average Income

Now show black people's average income in Africa.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Has the question been answered yet? How many more Blacks have died at the hand of the police since George Floyd?

We were told this was an epidemic and White cops are out there just hunting poor innocent Black folks. Gotta be dangerous for the Black folks in today's day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I live in a neighborhood where I hear fellas drop the n word in conversation left and right. They don't seem sick to their stomach at all when doing it (and they're black)

Ask yourself why you give a shit

Why do you want to be able to say the word so badly.

Why are you advocating for farting in the elevator

Look in the mirror

And regarding blacks using the word - blacks are the ones being called the word - so they can use it with each other just like a female can call another female a bitch "hey bitch!" (as a term of endearment).. it's intuitive common sense but people play dumb