Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How much more longer to wait on Brad Stevens?

Would rather they get rid of Ainge instead.

Default Re: How much more long to wait on Brad Stevens?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    In the real world Stevens' job security isn't even a discussion. I don't know how long he will coach the Celtics but the end of his tenure is not in the foreseeable future.
    Where do you see your problems lie?

I don't watch Celtic games so I am trying to figure out why Celtics are struggling even though they have 2 elite two way wings averaging 25ppg.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Where do you see your problems lie?

I don't watch Celtic games so I am trying to figure out why Celtics are struggling even though they have 2 elite two way wings averaging 25ppg.
    The front court needs to get better, the defense took a step backwards and Kemba Walker hasn't been consistently good. Stevens could be questioned for who he chooses to play up front but none of the guys has truly separated himself from the others. I personally have the most faith in Theis but I have enough faith in Stevens to believe his judgements are better than mine especially as he sees these guys in practice so hopefully we see Thompson pay off or a mature Timelord by the end of the season.

Also the "struggle" isn't that bad. They're around 4th in the East I believe. Wouldn't take much for them to be in the top 3 by season's end and there's no doubt they will make playoffs. With no end to covid crowd protocol in sight home court will mean little and the only EC contender with guys better at creating shots is Brooklyn. Celtics are likely to be a better defensive team than them by season's end. Brooklyn and Philly are still the favorites but there's absolutely no reason to panic. Just a few posters on this forum that act like the world is ending every time there's a loss.

Also the "struggle" isn't that bad. They're around 4th in the East I believe. Wouldn't take much for them to be in the top 3 by season's end and there's no doubt they will make playoffs. With no end to covid crowd protocol in sight home court will mean little and the only EC contender with guys better at creating shots is Brooklyn. Celtics are likely to be a better defensive team than them by season's end. Brooklyn and Philly are still the favorites but there's absolutely no reason to panic. Just a few posters on this forum that act like the world is ending every time there's a loss.
    The struggle is officially bad. Giving up a 24pt lead? Lolol

The Raptors are having a better record than the Celtics now?

Danny Ainge the “genius” not lookin like so nowadays. Stevens is a legit coach, f*ck what y’all saying

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    The struggle is officially bad. Giving up a 24pt lead? Lolol
    They're still around 4th. Not firing a coach that made conference finals 3 out of the last 4 years midway through the season regardless and especially when they're still very much a playoff team.

They're still around 4th. Not firing a coach that made conference finals 3 out of the last 4 years midway through the season regardless and especially when they're still very much a playoff team.
    Yeah but it ultimately doesn’t solve our problems. being “okay” with mediocracy sucks the life out of a fan base

They won't be firing him midway through the season but getting over that playoff hump is the very reason many coaches get axed. Dwayne Casey had respectable playoff runs but Toronto dropped him and won with Nurse the following year. Boston's roster have been respectable and the East has been up for grabs without any dominant superpower for some time.

3 ECFs without a top tier star. I think his job is pretty safe.

Not sure why the Celtics have such persistent haters.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    They won't be firing him midway through the season but getting over that playoff hump is the very reason many coaches get axed. Dwayne Casey had respectable playoff runs but Toronto dropped him and won with Nurse the following year. Boston's roster have been respectable and the East has been up for grabs without any dominant superpower for some time.
    You are ignoring all context. TO didn't just bring in Casey they traded for the best two-way player in the game and got to face a a WC champ without their two best players. You are nowhere near the total story. TO currently has a similar record to the Celtics. Should Nurse be fired?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    How much more long
    You ain’t say shit when lebron said more better in an interview don’t get on op

You are ignoring all context. TO didn't just bring in Casey they traded for the best two-way player in the game and got to face a a WC champ without their two best players. You are nowhere near the total story. TO currently has a similar record to the Celtics. Should Nurse be fired?
    I'm aware of the context, it's just that Steven's 8 year trial period is over and that is 4 more than most HC's get. He's had his a strong roster, he's had veteran stars, they were the seasonal favorites, they were 1st seeds and he's failed to deliver. But more importantly it's about how they came up short; twice losing as favorites to Bucks and Heat, once blowing a 2-0 ECF lead to Ty Lue, then the year prior swept and outcoached by David Blatt.

Stevens is simply one of those big name coaches that continually gets a pass for being mediocre. Lots of reg season hype that silences in the post season.

So who's going to replace him if ever he has to step down?