Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Eagles are a shit show

Get rid of Doug Pederson but keep the guy who built this talentless team name Howie Roseman. You don’t give Eric B an interview but hire a “who?” HC who is most likely a yes man for Howie. Only to turn around and trade Wentz when we all thought the reason he wanted out was because of...Doug. I’m not at all against trading Wentz. But if it’s for the rumored package of Bears first, Nick Foles and Tarik Cohen? Jesus.

I have no trust we hit on our picks which is crucial. We need at least 2 all pro players out of our first 3 picks. No exceptions. Nick Foles? Yikes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles are a shit show

Nick Foles is the man and deserves a statue outside of Lincoln Financial. The guy outdueled Tom Brady on the biggest stage and brought us our only championship.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Nick Foles is the man and deserves a statue outside of Lincoln Financial. The guy outdueled Tom Brady on the biggest stage and brought us our only championship.
    Us? Foh.

And he does have a statue.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Us? Foh.

And he does have a statue.
    I've been an eagles fan since the days of andy reid, jim johnson, brian dawkins, trotter, mcnabb, westbrook, and troy vincent. McNabb got owned by Brady. Foles went off.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I've been an eagles fan since the days of andy reid, jim johnson, brian dawkins, trotter, mcnabb, westbrook, and troy vincent. McNabb got owned by Brady. Foles went off.
    And yet you didn’t know foles already has a statue? Solid.

Well I didn't know that... good looking statue.

What do the Eagles do with the 6th pick?

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    What do the Eagles do with the 6th pick?

What do you guys think?
    Chase, Smith, Surtain or Pitts is who I would like at 6.

What eagles do? Probably trade back or take a player no one expects. I have zero confidence in Howie drafting despite being in position to draft a stud in rd 1 (and 2). We need a home run and triple with these 2 at bats

What eagles do? Probably trade back or take a player no one expects. I have zero confidence in Howie drafting despite being in position to draft a stud in rd 1 (and 2). We need a home run and triple with these 2 at bats

I saw one mock with the Eagles taking LB Micah Parsons.

This is the type of player the Cowboys need, but may be too high for the Eagles at #6.

Not sure if he'd slip past DET, CAR, and DEN.

I'm hoping Surtain falls to 10, but if Parsons is there we should take him.

I want a player that will make Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch play better and I think Micah Parson would make that happen.

The Secondary and Defensive Line would be weak spots but Parsons would be a tackling machine who could also get to the QB.

“Micah Parsons is one of the best pure athletes in this draft class, and the Cowboys have plenty of needs on defense, though edge rusher or cornerback could also be a consideration here,” Wilson wrote in his mock draft.

Parsons sparked rumors of his preferred NFL destination when he posted a photograph of him standing in AT&T Stadium. He also noted that he hopes to “stay in the blue and white” on his personal Twitter account.

Last season, Penn State played in the Cotton Bowl against the Memphis Tigers. Parsons had a great game with seven tackles and two sacks in the Nittany Lions victory. He finished the 2019 campaign with 109 tackles, five sacks, four forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

NFL evaluators have been impressed with Parsons for a while. He is likely to be the first linebacker taken in the 2021 NFL Draft. The Cowboys do have a potential need to upgrade on the defensive side of the football. Parsons could slide in next to Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch if selected.

NFL Network draft insider Daniel Jeremiah even sees Parsons having similar characteristics as Smith. He noted that Parsons good downhill pursuit and is strong in pass coverage against tight ends and running backs.

There is a chance the Cowboys could pair both Smith and Parsons for the foreseeable future if the team goes in that direction in the draft.

“Parsons has a similar build and playing style,” Jeremiah said. “They are both so explosive and aggressive. It's hard to find players with this type of agility and athleticism without sacrificing the size. If Parsons can stay healthy and continue to develop, he will emerge as one of the top five players in the country.”

Parsons was missed by Penn State this season. His skills are hard to replace and the Nittany Lions struggled defensively at times. Penn State finished 4-5 this season and will head into the 2021 season with a four-game winning streak.

While he missed the season, Parsons is excited about his future prospects. He has a chance to contribute early and be a difference-maker for an NFL team.

.... yea, this who the Cowboys need to target.

Defensive Line and Secondary would have to be addressed in the later rounds.

Parsons is dope. If not for eagles history I’d have added him above Pitts on want list. But I can’t recall us ever drafting a LB first rd let alone so high. You guys might be able to get him. Every draft guys we think would go high end up falling for whatever reason. Toss in the reach picks. The QBs and LT are the only locks for their projections imo.

Dallas definitely needs defense. Parsons would be legit there

https://insidethestar.com/dallas-cow...-to-be-linked/

2 weeks ago...

At this point in the 2021 draft process, there seems to be four primary schools of thought nationally for the Dallas Cowboys’ first round pick.

One, they take Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons. This…well this isn’t my favorite. We can leave it at that for now.

Two, they shock the world and draft a quarterback, maybe like Alabama’s Mac Jones. Once again, not the biggest fan. They are better off just signing the quarterback they already have in Dak Prescott.

Three, maybe they take an offensive lineman. After all we saw how depleted they were upfront last year, and Tyron Smith can be penciled in to miss at least three games almost every season.

The fourth and most popular move, however, is to take the top cornerback in the draft class. Either Alabama’s Patrick Surtain Jr. or Virginia Tech’s Caleb Farley.

ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. went with Patrick Surtain Jr. for the Cowboys in his latest mock draft, and if things fall like Kiper sees them, Dallas will have their pick of every defensive player in the class tenth overall.

Surtain Jr. or Micah Parsons.

either player works for me.

Not sure where the TE from Florida Kyle Pitts will land, but seen some mocks w/ the Eagles taking him.

Still got Ertz and Goedert on the roster for 2021, so I personally don't see it happening.

Also, I think he'd be a better fit with the Bengals and Joe Burrow... But most think Bengals are taking Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon.

Falcons shouldn't be in the market for a QB at #4, so they could potentially trade down.

https://insidethestar.com/dallas-cow...-to-be-linked/

2 weeks ago...

Surtain Jr. or Micah Parsons.

either player works for me.

Not sure where the TE from Florida Kyle Pitts will land, but seen some mocks w/ the Eagles taking him.

Still got Ertz and Goedert on the roster for 2021, so I personally don't see it happening.

Also, I think he'd be a better fit with the Bengals and Joe Burrow... But most think Bengals are taking Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon.

Falcons shouldn't be in the market for a QB at #4, so they could potentially trade down.
    There’s been rumors about eagles seeing what kind of value they could get for Ertz. Couple teams are interested

I'm gonna go ahead and predict Devonta goes to Miami at #3 and gets reunited with Tua.

Falcons may consider Micah Parsons, or could trade down - either way it won't be Chase going #4

Could Chase go to the Bengals at #5 and get reunited with Burrow? I suppose that's possible.

1. Trevor
    2. Jets - ???
    3. D.Smith
    4. Parsons, Sewell or trade down with team needing QB
    5. Chase, Pitts, Sewell

So idk, I think Chase or Pitts is a strong possibility for the Eagles... 6th pick would probably be a little too high Surtain.

Jets should probably trade down and give Darnold another year... that team is a mess right now, but they got some draft ammo to work with.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict Devonta goes to Miami at #3 and gets reunited with Tua.

Falcons may consider Micah Parsons, or could trade down - either way it won't be Chase going #4

Could Chase go to the Bengals at #5 and get reunited with Burrow? I suppose that's possible.

1. Trevor
    2. Jets - ???
    3. D.Smith
    4. Parsons, Sewell or trade down with team needing QB
    5. Chase, Pitts, Sewell

So idk, I think Chase or Pitts is a strong possibility for the Eagles... 6th pick would probably be a little too high Surtain.

Jets should probably trade down and give Darnold another year... that team is a mess right now, but they got some draft ammo to work with.
    If your bengals you have to take Sewell to protect your major investment in Burrow. Sewell is one of those all pro lineman that’ll be at LT for a decade. They take Chase and Sewell is there for us that would be Xmas. I don’t see it.

Jets may be locked in on that kid from BYU. Heard his workout was great.