Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Eagles are a shit show

Eagles will always be shit.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierl...free-agency-im

gotta updated mock draft... some character concerns have Micha Parson dropping to 29

Cowboys upgrade O-Line

Slater is a potential "five for one" lineman who can play any position up front. The Cowboys were at their best when the offensive line was strong, and this Northwestern product helps strengthen that unit.

Washington drafting the Tulsa LB Zaven Collins... that defense could be super elite next year.

still think they should go with the first choice of RB (Najee Harris or Travis Etienne)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierl...free-agency-im

gotta updated mock draft... some character concerns have Micha Parson dropping to 29

Cowboys upgrade O-Line

Washington drafting the Tulsa LB Zaven Collins... that defense could be super elite next year.

still think they should go with the first choice of RB (Najee Harris or Travis Etienne)
    Horrendous mock draft. Colts drafting the one position they don't need and passing over what we desperately need

I don't take any mock draft seriously after top 3-4 picks. It's never accurate after those very early picks regardless of how much inside information they claim to have. No legit team would ever leak their draft board data to a media member. There is too much money, too many jobs, too much at stake for another team to get wind of your board.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-ac...or-no-12-plus-

Miami Dolphins general manager Chris Grier is moving and shaking.

After trading the No. 3 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft to the San Francisco 49ers, the Dolphins leaped back into the top 10 of the draft with another Friday blockbuster trade with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Miami acquired the No. 6 overall pick and 156th selection (fifth round) from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 12 pick (acquired in the trade with the Niners), No. 123 (fourth round) and a 2022 first-round pick, Philadelphia announced.

The swap came after the Dolphins shipped the third pick to San Francisco in exchange for the 12th selection in 2021, a third-rounder in 2022 and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.

The trade doublet amounts to a three-team swap when it's all said and done. The 49ers get the No. 3 pick this year. The Dolphins end up with the No. 6 overall pick in 2021, a 2023 first-rounder, a 2022 third and a fifth-rounder this year. The Eagles get the 12th pick, a fourth-round selection this season and a 2022 first-rounder.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported the Eagles' first-rounder acquired in 2022 would be Miami's, not the one the Dolphins received from San Francisco.

Sitting with the third pick thanks to the Laremy Tunsil trade with Houston, the Dolphins did well to stay inside the top 10 while picking up future assets. Dropping just three spots, Miami keeps itself positioned to take a high-caliber Day 1 starter. With a run on QBs now a virtual certainty, the Dolphins could land a player like Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts, Jaylen Waddle or potentially one of the top offensive lineman if they slide past the Bengals and Falcons.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    What eagles do? Probably trade back or take a player no one expects.
    You were right about trading back.

I think it's a good trade for the Eagles though.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

so...the Eagles moved from #6 to #12 and picked up the Phins 1st rd pick in 2022?

fck...that's robbery

I don't even know yet who the Phins are lusting over drafting at #6 but whoever it is isn't worth that

The swap came after the Dolphins shipped the third pick to San Francisco in exchange for the 12th selection in 2021, a third-rounder in 2022 and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.
    wait a sec... is that right?

Holy $hit the 49ers got robbed.

that is a horrendous trade for SF... Just terrible.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    wait a sec... is that right?

Holy $hit the 49ers got robbed.

that is a horrendous trade for SF... Just terrible.
    yeah that's like nearing Herschel Walker trade levels...really bad...that's the kind of trade that could turn things around for the Dolphins, problem is they followed it up with making a retarded trade to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    yeah that's like nearing Herschel Walker trade levels...really bad...that's the kind of trade that could turn things around for the Dolphins, problem is they followed it up with making a retarded trade to Philly
    There are some good players that could fall to #6 that won't be there at #12... Pitts, Sewell, top level WR

bad trade yes,... but not even close as bad as SF trading 3 first rounders and a 3rd to move up 9 spots.

Miami now has #6 and #18 this year cause of the Tunsil trade

SF doesn't even get to take the QB of their choice at #3... they don't know what the Jets are doing at #2

Facts Are Misleading

Dolphins are essentially guaranteed one of Pitts or Chase. Or Sewell of Cincy prefers Pitts over Sewell.

It's very likely four QBs go off the board in the first four picks. I think the Dolphins know this, so they still get the pick of the litter for offensive players.

They moved back three spots and got a future first and still get the player they wanted at #3.

I'd have loved to see the Dolphins keep the picks and have two first rounders in the next three drafts but I understand how good of a prospect Pitts, Chase and Sewell are this year. They are truly elite level prospects.

Eagles actually tried to trade up for the 3rd overall pick to snag a QB. Yikes. Then trade back and all but cancel any chance at Chase. I really hate this team.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Eagles actually tried to trade up for the 3rd overall pick to snag a QB. Yikes. Then trade back and all but cancel any chance at Chase. I really hate this team.

I mean, let's be reality... Eagles are rebuilding.

In 2021 you get to root against the Dolphins and for all we know they could still be one of the bottom-10 teams in the league.

decent chance that the Eagles have two top-10 picks in the 2022 draft, and you guys will have some extra cap space to play with in FA for that off-season.

Not sure who you guys take at #12, but Parsons and DeVonta Smith could still be there for the taking. I don't think Surtain II will fall past Dallas though.

but yea,... you can officially say goodbye to Chase.

Facts Are Misleading

Still a bottom 10 team?

They are returning everyone important to what I thought was the best defense in the NFL last year until the last game when they gave up a fifty Burger. They also added a pro bowl ILB this off season.

They added perhaps the best deep threat in the NFL in Fuller to the offense.

They have enough money to swing another key pickup or two in free agency, plus the most draft capital in the NFL to infuse young talent to the existing core.

You never know in the NFL, but the odds are of they are relatively healthy they have one of the best rosters in the NFL and a good, maybe great coach.

That pick has a good chance to be in the 20s and a minor chance to be in the top 10. They should be a playoff team next year.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php

11. New York Giants: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama Alabama
    The Giants signed Kenny Golladay, but will that really preclude them from picking Devonta Smith if he falls outside of the top 10? Think about what the Cowboys did last year. They selected CeeDee Lamb when he unexpectedly dropped to them. Their alternative was K'Lavon Chaisson. I'd say they made the right decision!

Smith is an excellent route runner with great hands and tremendous run-after-catch ability. He rightfully won the Heisman and then embarrassed Ohio State in the national championship.

12. Philadelphia Eagles: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama Alabama

The Eagles won't get a blue-chip player unless one of the receivers falls to them. However, I think this is fine because there are so many holes on the roster that no one player could fix things. Getting an extra 2022 first-round pick is extremely important.

Now that quarterback is officially out of the picture - the Eagles were trying to trade up for Zach Wilson, but failed - they'll build around Jalen Hurts. Why not give him his former receiver? Philadelphia has an enormous need at the position, and Hurts is a big fan of Waddle. When asked to name an Alabama prospect whom he thinks will have the best career in the 2021 NFL Draft, Hurts' answer was Waddle.

Barkley, Golladay, and Devonta Smith could be dangerous in New York.

they have Rashawn Slater, OT/G/C, Northwestern going at #13 to the Chargers... but I think he'll be a top-10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Still a bottom 10 team?

They are returning everyone important to what I thought was the best defense in the NFL last year until the last game when they gave up a fifty Burger. They also added a pro bowl ILB this off season.

They added perhaps the best deep threat in the NFL in Fuller to the offense.

They have enough money to swing another key pickup or two in free agency, plus the most draft capital in the NFL to infuse young talent to the existing core.

You never know in the NFL, but the odds are of they are relatively healthy they have one of the best rosters in the NFL and a good, maybe great coach.

That pick has a good chance to be in the 20s and a minor chance to be in the top 10. They should be a playoff team next year.

I just don't have much faith in Tua leading them beyond an 8-8 record.

I think that pick will be somewhere from 10-20... so if the injury bug hits Miami, they could very well be giving the Eagels a top-10 pick.

Do I think Miami is bottom 10 team? No, but things could easily work out that way knowing the NFL.