Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Eagles are a shit show

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    I mean, let's be reality... Eagles are rebuilding.

In 2021 you get to root against the Dolphins and for all we know they could still be one of the bottom-10 teams in the league.

decent chance that the Eagles have two top-10 picks in the 2022 draft, and you guys will have some extra cap space to play with in FA for that off-season.

Not sure who you guys take at #12, but Parsons and DeVonta Smith could still be there for the taking. I don't think Surtain II will fall past Dallas though.

but yea,... you can officially say goodbye to Chase.

I get that wet are rebuilding but you drop out of the top 10 to just outside of it. At 6 you are prime for an impact player. And you lessened them chances some getting cute to pick up an extra first next year. Regardless of where it falls. Just don’t like it. And while there still could be good prospects at 12? I simply do not trust Howie. So the stockpiling of first rd picks on paper is great for a team rebuilding around a young QB. But reality strikes when you realize Howie has drafted one pro bowl since trading up for Wentz. Who was the only pro bowler he selected.

We are rebuilding with a Gm who can’t rebuild

I mean... Eagles still have a shot a Parsons, Surtain, and Slater... all of which are worthy at the #6 spot.

Waddle and DeVanta Smith would be decent pick ups.

not sure if I'd give up a future first rounder to replace those picks with a Pitts, Sewell, or Chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    I mean... Eagles still have a shot a Parsons, Surtain, and Slater... all of which are worthy at the #6 spot.

Waddle and DeVanta Smith would be decent pick ups.

not sure if I'd give up a future first rounder to replace those picks with a Pitts, Sewell, or Chase.
    The fact we traded back? I don’t think we take any of the players you mentioned. Watch we go DL or OL. Granted the only player on OL that I would be onboard with is Sewell (if we still picked 6th). As you can see I have zero faith in the eagles GM that he takes one of the guys you said could still be there at 12.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    The fact we traded back? I don’t think we take any of the players you mentioned. Watch we go DL or OL. Granted the only player on OL that I would be onboard with is Sewell (if we still picked 6th). As you can see I have zero faith in the eagles GM that he takes one of the guys you said could still be there at 12.
    But this Rashawn Slater kid is suppose to be a pass-blocking beast that you can plug in at any position on the O-line.

Many mocks have Dallas taking him at #10, and I've seen some mocks with Jets taking Sewell at #2, and Bengals taking Slater at #5.

If you can land Slater at #12... it's a successful draft.

Decent chance you guys end up with CB JayCee Horn, which I think most people now have ranked higher than Caleb Farley (injury concerns).

Don’t know a lot about Slater. Seen him mocked in drafts though. I wouldn’t be mad at Horn pick. Seems he’s picking up a lot of steam. CB is definitely a big need especially across from Slay.

We f*cked over the Giants....lol.... Good teamwork right there Philly.

great trade.

Yup that was a genius move.

See Howie just Howie. Day 2 wasn’t great at all. Ugh another injury prone OL. Yikes. I know he has talent but that high in 2nd rd for a guy with his medical history isn’t great. Reeks of Sidney Jones (first rd talent) all over again.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

See Howie just Howie. Day 2 wasn’t great at all. Ugh another injury prone OL. Yikes. I know he has talent but that high in 2nd rd for a guy with his medical history isn’t great. Reeks of Sidney Jones (first rd talent) all over again.
    Feels like you're hating on the player because of the guy who picked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Feels like you're hating on the player because of the guy who picked him.
    Left knee ACL tear
    Ankle injury
    Ankle injury
    Right knee ACL tear

Eagles OL was a revolving door with starting units because of injuries. We turn around and draft a kid with this kind of medical history high in the 2nd round. Eagles can’t afford high risk high reward players.

Seems like I’m using the common sense god gave me and assessing the draft pick based on the medical history. Already acknowledged the talent. But taking a kid and hoping he stays healthy given his history? Sounds like someone who buys a car and hopes the engine is inside. Maybe it is maybe it’s not. Guess we find out when you try to pull off...

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Left knee ACL tear
    Ankle injury
    Ankle injury
    Right knee ACL tear

Eagles OL was a revolving door with starting units because of injuries. We turn around and draft a kid with this kind of medical history high in the 2nd round. Eagles can’t afford high risk high reward players.

Seems like I’m using the common sense god gave me and assessing the draft pick based on the medical history. Already acknowledged the talent. But taking a kid and hoping he stays healthy given his history? Sounds like someone who buys a car and hopes the engine is inside. Maybe it is maybe it’s not. Guess we find out when you try to pull off...
    Bold is why I'm okay with the injury risk. He can play all across the interior line. Instead of shuffling the whole line around, ideally the Eagles could plug this kid in whenever they needed depth. I don't think he needs to start to have value even at a 2nd round price. Look at how the Titans used Dennis Kelly before making him a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Bold is why I'm okay with the injury risk. He can play all across the interior line. Instead of shuffling the whole line around, ideally the Eagles could plug this kid in whenever they needed depth. I don't think he needs to start to have value even at a 2nd round price. Look at how the Titans used Dennis Kelly before making him a starter.
    Well he’s not going to start day 1 unless Kelce retires, Brooks isn’t ready to go. He’s basically depth that is waiting to replace a current starter most likely the following season.

Meanwhile eagles could have drafted a day 1 starter at LB (Jeremiah Owusu) with the 2nd rd pick. Our starting LB core is in worse shape vs our OL.

I think Smith was the most obvious choice at 10 so he didn't screw it up. When the choices are not as obvious, Howie is useless. Any moron would have chosen Smith there tbh