Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Is it just me or are the PS5 graphics not much better?

I don't have a PS5 but I've seen some videos online. I can't tell the difference in graphics. There was one tech demo that looked like Tomb Raider and it was impressive but not a real game. With every game that I've seen, I would have just thought they were PS4 graphics. When you have to stare really hard at the side by side comparisons, you know there can't be a huge difference

Now maybe they will get better when there are more games. But you would have thought that Sony would have came out with some impressive exclusives right off the bat. Because if the graphics aren't much better, why make a new console? The difference is like iPhone 11 and iPhone 12, not much.

Default Re: Is it just me or are the PS5 graphics not much better?

So you'll buy a ps5? Can it fit inside your shoebox?

resolution, texture detail & fidelity, color accuracy, lighting & shadows are all improved. and things will continue to get better the longer developers have to work with the abilities of the new hardware.

the example below is from pc, but i think it showcases a fair example of what kind of an improvement we're seeing right now.

Most of the games launched right now were being created 2-4 years ago before next-gen development kits and specs were out.

Usually the first year are cross gen titles with resolution and fps improvements

My older ps4 games look so much better on the ps5 because they actually scale up to the TV. Battlefield 4 on base PS4 runs at 720-900p, it's pretty awkward playing that on 4K displays