Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Muhammad Ali vs. Michael Jordan

This comparison is actually good because it's the mainstream mindset of GOAT in their respective sport.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    The only reason why jordan is being involved in the goat arguments is that he once happened to be the most decorated player of a great team, one that became a dynasty in the league due to their dominance during the 90s. But despite that, maybe fans or analysts could have picked a role player like paxson instead if only he did serve for the bulls' two-peats.

Now stop talking about him already ffs. Whining on his fraudulence won't change anything about what his stans may think of him. It's pathetic.
    It's not whinning son. It's doing a service to you and the rest of these Jordan lovers. I'll talk about the mother ****er as much as I want. **** off *******.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Isn't that what I wrote? Why are you repeating it?
    Because you didn't write that. Now GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyer23 View Post
    It's not whinning son. It's doing a service to you and the rest of these Jordan lovers. I'll talk about the mother ****er as much as I want. **** off *******.

Because you didn't write that. Now GTFO.
    Lol he doesn't even know who you are at all, just like the others who do try to hate king kong so much.

Decent college freshman

Lol he doesn't even know who you are at all, just like the others who do try to hate king kong so much.
    You consider Jordan to be high up on the GOAT list with the other mentioned?

Ali, Robinson, Gretzky, Maradona, Ruth, Phelps, Bolt, Pele, Bradman, Karelin, Woods?

Karelin was 887-2 in wrestling ... MJ compares to him?

Is MJ even better than Kareem?

You consider Jordan to be high up on the GOAT list with the other mentioned?

Ali, Robinson, Gretzky, Maradona, Ruth, Phelps, Bolt, Pele, Bradman, Karelin, Woods?

Karelin was 887-2 in wrestling ... MJ compares to him?
    No.

But he probably is during the 'weakest' decade ever.

Decent college freshman

No.

But he probably is during the 'weakest' decade ever.
    That's another good point ... The 90s had new franchises and expansion teams ... That means talent dilution ... It wasn't as strong as the 80s and MJ benefited from coddling by the league because he was their biggest star ... In the past it was the opposite ... The NBA made rule changes due to Wilt Chamberlain dominance and made it harder for him and other players .... With Jordan it was the opposite ... They opened the game up for him and perimeter players ...Shaq also had the 3 second rule implemented to prevent his dominance in the paint ...

That's another good point ... The 90s had new franchises and expansion teams ... That means talent dilution ... It wasn't as strong as the 80s and MJ benefited from coddling by the league because he was their biggest star ... In the past it was the opposite ... The NBA made rule changes due to Wilt Chamberlain dominance and made it harder for him and other players .... With Jordan it was the opposite ... They opened the game up for him and perimeter players ...Shaq also had the 3 second rule implemented to prevent his dominance in the paint ...
    That and don't forget that he also tried crying to the refs about bad boy pistons when he couldn't take the pressure anymore, unlike larry bird who simply had to go through it without complaining whatsoever. Hence, the flagrant foul was implemented and the bad boy pistons were never the same wicked team again. What else? I think he also played for a team that has won 55 games and made the playoffs during their first year without him. But honestly, i'm just saying all of these to make you feel better somehow.

Decent college freshman

That and don't forget that he also tried crying to the refs about bad boy pistons when he couldn't take the pressure anymore, unlike larry bird who simply had to go through it without complaining whatsoever. Hence, the flagrant foul was implemented and the bad boy pistons were never the same wicked team again. What else? I think he also played for a team that has won 55 games and made the playoffs during their first year without him. But honestly, i'm just saying all of these to make you feel better somehow.
    Dude I don't give two shits about Jordan

But these other athletes didn't have the same backing Jordan did. What they did in their respective sports is comparable and even superior to what Jordan has done and achieved. ESPN has Jordan as their #1 athlete of all time ... Based on what criteria? He's the most worshipped athlete by American media and it's laughable.

I don't remember other sporting leagues or governing bodies catering to their star athletes either ... Jordan getting everything handed to him easy compared to others
    Last edited by HighFlyer23; 02-13-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Dude I don't give two shits about Jordan

But these other athletes didn't have the same backing Jordan did. What they did in their respective sports is comparable and even superior to what Jordan has done and achieved. ESPN has Jordan as their #1 athlete of all time ... Based on what criteria? He's the most worshipped athlete by American media and it's laughable.

I don't remember other sporting leagues or governing bodies catering to their star athletes either ... Jordan getting everything handed to him easy compared to others
    Yea the nba has many atgs and should be respected as well. That makes jordan overrated and because of that, you know that you don't have to be brainwashed by what the msm tells you. I could use a different example here. It's kinda like a certain politician with a high position being praised by the same party all the time because he/she is affiliated with them, even if in reality he/she is a warmonger, have done so many shitty things in their country and is only concerned about the welfare of their own allies. At the same time, they would demonize any of their opposition too. That may be the thing happening with jordan rn. They make it seem like he's the only bball player in the universe and in the process, dismiss any other atgs with equal goat cases over him. However, in this board, i have observed that many posters (which some are using alts or dups) are also doing the same thing with lebron while being fans of other teams as well, so...

Decent college freshman

Yea the nba has many atgs and should be respected as well. That makes jordan overrated and because of that, you know that you don't have to be brainwashed by what the msm tells you. I could use a different example here. It's kinda like a certain politician with a high position being praised by the same party all the time because he/she is affiliated with them, even if in reality he/she is a warmonger, have done so many shitty things in their country and is only concerned about the welfare of their own allies. At the same time, they would demonize any of their opposition too. That may be the thing happening with jordan rn. They make it seem like he's the only bball player in the universe and in the process, dismiss any other atgs with equal goat cases over him. However, in this board, i have observed that many posters (which some are using alts or dups) are also doing the same thing with lebron while being fans of other teams as well, so...
    Basketball has the weakest GOAT of all sports

And I don't recall another GOAT of other sports dominating in a relatively weak era like Jordan

Funny how i still got a reply to this after 7 days.

Anyway..

Basketball has the weakest GOAT of all sports

And I don't recall another GOAT of other sports dominating in a relatively weak era like Jordan
    Yea, weakest goat probably. Having that said however, there's nothing much you can do to change the mind of these 'delusional' stans who have done nothing but to worship him all the time, regardless if you compose a thousand words melting down about it. So if i were you, i suggest you to move on from this matter already. You're just wasting time trying to stress yourself over this stuff.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

In terms of trash talk, I think Ali would give MJ a run for his money. MJ is smart no doubt, but listen to an Ali interview.... that guy was brilliant.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    In terms of trash talk, I think Ali would give MJ a run for his money. MJ is smart no doubt, but listen to an Ali interview.... that guy was brilliant.
    What? Gary Payton is the concensus best trash talker in league history ... Larry Bird is ahead of Jordan as well

Well, Michael Jordan is currently the better boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps View Post
    Well, Michael Jordan is currently the better boxer.
    Bro, that's wrong