Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: It's COLD as shit

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    The scandal is that public systems all over the state have failed, due to policies promoted and enacted by leadership.
    When trying times occur, that is the time for leadership to lead, not flee.
    Last I checked, Democrats controlled the ENTIRE government.

Fix it then. Put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    What is the scandal? That someone booked a trip to Cancun? Cruz is a Senator. Not the Governor.

Or are you expecting Senators to start shoveling snow and fixing broken pipes?

This was my thought as well when I heard about this “scandal.”

Cruz has nothing to do with state level policies and administration. He has no authority to do anything. Theres nothing he can do about a snowstorm.

But a large segment of people just cant be reasoned with, and thats why we’ll have a Great Reset.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I never understood people calling congress out for state politician responsibilities. I’m not sure what Ted Cruz is supposed to do about Texas weather he can’t do from a phone. That said....I’ve heard too many people talking about Maxine Waters needing to fix California too.

Apparently American education is the issue.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    This was my thought as well when I heard about this “scandal.”

Cruz has nothing to do with state level policies and administration. He has no authority to do anything. Theres nothing he can do about a snowstorm.

But a large segment of people just cant be reasoned with, and thats why we’ll have a Great Reset.
    It will be a glorious time comrade. We will finally complete our ascension to the upper level caste level of the great bladefd. Prosperous times and long lines are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I never understood people calling congress out for state politician responsibilities. I’m not sure what Ted Cruz is supposed to do about Texas weather he can’t do from a phone. That said....I’ve heard too many people talking about Maxine Waters needing to fix California too.

Apparently American education is the issue.
    Today. You and I agree. Today. God Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    People on the actual left have no problem calling out Cuomo. He’s a monster. Your problem is you think liberals are on the left
    Chewy desperately avoiding this.

They're only calling him out now to get on the right side of this. Only since the FBI announced it was finally going to do an investigation on him and what happened.

But here's the problem: This began to happen almost a year ago. Dumbass Libs were too busy going after Trump, while their own guy was actually responsible for thousands upon thousands dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    What is the scandal? That someone booked a trip to Cancun? Cruz is a Senator. Not the Governor.

Or are you expecting Senators to start shoveling snow and fixing broken pipes?
    It's a terribly selfish look to go running to cancun when going gets rough then lying about it. He claimed it was a trip scheduled long ago but the texts released between his wife and other friends/neighbors draws a very different picture. Prick knows only lies.

Senators have more power than you realize. They can work with the feds on funds and manpower to get the grid working and be in touch with state. It's not cancun party-time while your constituents are suffering for basics like water.

There is a time for optics and a time for reality. I’m not sure what if any responsibility a senator has in local disaster relief or how he’s empowered by the constitution to help unless a national law is being written to address it. He can go freeze too so it looks good to people who don’t care that it accomplishes nothing but real talk?

Id get my kids out given the resources. Why have your family freeze? Because poor people have to?

**** optics.

Hell I went to Miami myself. West palm beach before that. I was having breakfast at a 700 a night resort in west palm looking at 30 foot painted ceilings that look like the Sistine chapel. Am I supposed to be ashamed poorer people than me couldn’t take a vacation to get away from the weather?

If I had political power to help I’d wield it....from Miami. I usually wield it from DC anyway not my home state.

Total appearances issue not actual bad behavior.

Lying about it is obviously a bad look though. I’d have given a press conference that started and ended with “Let’s focus on things that are useful and not what zip code me and my family are in during a disaster thousands have fled from”.

And they have. I saw crazy distant license plates down there. Lots of Texas. You spot those bland ass white plates a mile away.

Whatever my political leanings I’m not telling a guy he has to stay in a place with no power with his family because of how it looks. He makes good money. He should have been at the Breakers resort with me and mine eating good right next to the sea.

You shouldn’t have to suffer to make jealous people accept you. And yes I realize whatever house he’s in likely limits “suffering” but I’d take a 3 bedroom in Miami where it’s 86 degrees over a mansion elsewhere during a historic snowstorm that limits local resources.

Im not holding anyone to a higher standard than myself because they are in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    There is a time for optics and a time for reality. I’m not sure what if any responsibility a senator has in local disaster relief or how he’s empowered by the constitution to help unless a national law is being written to address it. He can go freeze too so it looks good to people who don’t care that it accomplishes nothing but real talk?

Id get my kids out given the resources. Why have your family freeze? Because poor people have to?

**** optics.

Hell I went to Miami myself. West palm beach before that. I was having breakfast at a 700 a night resort in west palm looking at 30 foot painted ceilings that look like the Sistine chapel. Am I supposed to be ashamed poorer people than me couldn’t take a vacation to get away from the weather?

If I had political power to help I’d wield it....from Miami. I usually wield it from DC anyway not my home state.

Total appearances issue not actual bad behavior.

Lying about it is obviously a bad look though. I’d have given a press conference that started and ended with “Let’s focus on things that are useful and not what zip code me and my family are in during a disaster thousands have fled from”.

And they have. I saw crazy distant license plates down there. Lots of Texas. You spot those bland ass white plates a mile away.

Whatever my political leanings I’m not telling a guy he has to stay in a place with no power with his family because of how it looks. He makes good money. He should have been at the Breakers resort with me and mine eating good right next to the sea.

You shouldn’t have to suffer to make jealous people accept you. And yes I realize whatever house he’s in likely limits “suffering” but I’d take a 3 bedroom in Miami where it’s 86 degrees over a mansion elsewhere during a historic snowstorm that limits local resources.

Im not holding anyone to a higher standard than myself because they are in politics.
    What responsibility? Leadership. Senator is also the link between the Feds & state. As a Senator, I expect you to stick around. Go get a nice hotel room for yourself but don't leave the state during a crisis.

This isn't about Senator's family. I don't care about the family staying or leaving - they are free to go to Cancun, Bahamas, Jamaica, wherever. However, I do care about the Senator just flying away on vacation while the state is falling apart.

Leave the state? He doesn’t even work in the state. His job is to create and vote on national issues. You’re talking about shit that doesn’t matter at all. Hell your plan would do tangible harm to the people of the state. Ted Cruz and whatever staff he needs to run his office should take hotel rooms from freezing locals when he has a house to stay on near his JOB a thousand miles away?

Like when presidents do fly by photoshoots in disaster areas when a president being anywhere requires like 50 hotel rooms and disrupts local traffic in an emergency.

Bullshit optics need to be out of politics. Ted Cruz will never have my vote. I’m not asking anyone who does a job from a thousand miles away to stay in a disaster area because of how it “looks” to people who need a government class.

If there’s a disaster here in South Carolina I don’t need Lindsey Graham flying back here or staying to look good. It’s not his job to fix the gotdamn power grid and he’d be here mostly for show. What does that do for me? Does he need to meet whoever he’d call to help? No.

Talk to me about real problems. Real bad behavior. The senate could be dissolved and it wouldn’t hurt disaster relief much. It’s not what they do in the short term. Leaving isn’t a good or bad person issue and people are legit acting like it’s a question of character.

Id get my kids and go chill too. Me and my chief of staff and whoever else sitting in one of the few generator having hotels keeping my constituents out in the cold doesn’t help them. And I have a gotdamn phone.

Who in federal or local government can I not get on said phone?

This is a straight up partisan fueled fabricated nothing burger he has to pretend to be sorry for because optics matter more than reality.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I live in Southern California so it’s nice right now. I have both my windows open.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I like cold and snow more than extreme heat. I have a robber looking face mask, hat and coat I can wear in the cold and be comfortable. If it's sweltering hot, there's no escape.

its been relatively cold in az

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    What responsibility? Leadership. Senator is also the link between the Feds & state. As a Senator, I expect you to stick around. Go get a nice hotel room for yourself but don't leave the state during a crisis.

This isn't about Senator's family. I don't care about the family staying or leaving - they are free to go to Cancun, Bahamas, Jamaica, wherever. However, I do care about the Senator just flying away on vacation while the state is falling apart.

My boy blade.

He has a way of making me glad democracy will be over by 2030.

Ill miss the unintentional comedy tho.