Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Rings with 1b's (equal-scoring partner) < rings with 2nd options

And Jordan has 4 more rings with 2nd options than anyone else in history

everyone in history needed an equal-scoring partner (1b) for half of their rings except the goat, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less.

Teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive attention for his entire career, (thus giving maximum integrity to his stats and rings).. Kenny Smith talks about MJ being the only 1-man show here.

Furthermore, every "sidekick" in 3-pointer history with 2 rings was #1 option on a champion, except Pippen and Gasol

Kareem (80', 85')
    McHale (86')
    Worthy (87', 88')
    T Parker (07')
    Dumars (89')
    Kobe (02')
    Curry (15')
    Wade (06', 11')

So Pippen played worse than other 2nd options but he also played on the only 2-star dynasty - so he got dynasty credit without having to share shine with 3rd and 4th stars, which greatly inflated his accolades..

ultimately, he's the only guy whose statistical rank (about 120th) is far lower than his perceived rank - the winning spotlight and 2-star dynasty greatly inflated his trash stats/performance.
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-20-2021 at 03:39 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Rings with 1b's (equal-scoring partner) < rings with 2nd options

1-9

MJ killed his father.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    1-9

MJ killed his father.

Good post

Facts only itt just like the OP

Hopefully that will continue

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Good post

Facts only itt just like the OP

Hopefully that will continue
    As long as you don’t post any Zach Randolph stories everything should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

That's funny because the goat did that exact shot on a real rim against real comp:

As long as you don’t post any Zach Randolph stories everything should be good.

I dunked on Zach Randolph 4 times in a row in 1-on-1 when he was a sophomore all-american

And he wasn't the only McDonald's All-american that I dunked on (Evan Burns at San Diego State gym.. double pump on the break)

Keep the facts comin'

I dunked on Zach Randolph 4 times in a row in 1-on-1 when he was a sophomore all-american

And he wasn't the only McDonald's All-american that I dunked on (Evan Burns at San Diego State gym.. double pump on the break)

Keep the facts comin'
    Your basketball tall tales never cease to crack me up. No one believes this shit dude. If you were that good you would have been a pro.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Keep the facts comin'
    Listen man, we gotta have a talk about this. Were worried about you

Quote Originally Posted by Kings2024Champs View Post
    Listen man, we gotta have a talk about this. Were worried about you

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Your basketball tall tales never cease to crack me up. No one believes this shit dude. If you were that good you would have been a pro.

Do you think that your skepticism or disbelief makes the memory go away for me?

lol

I remember it like it just happened

lol

Considering I already caught you lying about your “college basketball career”, I have no reason to believe you’re telling the truth about this.

lol

Yeah. That’s called schizophrenia.

Yeah. That’s called schizophrenia.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Considering I already caught you lying about your “college basketball career”, I have no reason to believe you’re telling the truth about this.

I'll be putting a video out in March with my handles and dunking at 44 years old

Again, facts only itt