Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Rings with 1b's (equal-scoring partner) < rings with 2nd options

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    I'll be putting a video out in March with my handles and dunking at 44 years old

Again, facts only itt
    The last time you posted a video it looked like you surreptitiously filmed some local guys at the park and tried to pass off the tallest guy as being you

Not airballing my layups anymore

I'll be putting a video out in March with my handles and dunking at 44 years old

Again, facts only itt
    Still recovering from the knee replacement? Get well brother

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Again, facts only itt
    Will Zach Randolph be making an appearance?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Will Zach Randolph be making an appearance?

He can get it again if he wants

I'll try to get a hold of his brother Hippy to see if Zach is down.

They're both friends on facebook but I doubt Zach responds much.

I haven't been on Facebook in many years but I can still give it a shot

Only 17 players in history have scored more playoff points than Scottie Pippen.

On top of that Pippen also put up more playoff steals, more playoff blocks, more playoff assists, more playoff rebounds and more threes than Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    The last time you posted a video it looked like you surreptitiously filmed some local guys at the park and tried to pass off the tallest guy as being you

FINAL GOAT THEORY

Rings with 1b's (equal-scoring partner) < rings with 2nd options and Jordan has 4 more rings with 2nd options than anyone else in history

everyone in history needed an equal-scoring partner (1b) for half of their rings except the goat, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less.

Teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive attention for his entire career, (thus giving maximum integrity to his stats and rings).. Kenny Smith talks about MJ being the only 1-man show here.

Ultimately, everyone in history that won 3 Finals needed a teammate to win FMVP or average 25 ppg for at least one of the Finals.. But Pippen is 0/6 in FMVP and peaked at 21 ppg, so only Jordan could win 3 with Pippen or 3-peat.

Furthermore, every "sidekick" in 3-pointer history with 2 rings was #1 option on a champion, except Pippen and Gasol

Kareem (80', 85')
    McHale (86')
    Worthy (87', 88')
    T Parker (07')
    Dumars (89')
    Kobe (02')
    Curry (15')
    Wade (06', 11')

So Pippen played worse than other 2nd options but he also played on the only 2-star dynasty - so he got dynasty credit without having to share shine with 3rd and 4th stars, which greatly inflated his accolades..

ultimately, he's the only guy whose production rate rank (about 120th) is far lower than his perceived rank - the winning spotlight and 2-star dynasty greatly inflated his trash stats/performance

Specifically, Pippen averaged 19.0 on 42% in 6 Finals overall, and 17 on 41% for the entire 96-98' Playoffs.. He averaged 16 on 40% in 2 Finals, 4 ECF, and the 7 game war in the 92' ECSF. He averaged 12 on 42% against the 88-90' Pistons.. 93' Pippen had a 2.0 BPM with lower PER, WS/48 and paced-adjusted scoring than 14' Wade in the playoffs, aka Jordan had a less productive sidekick for the 3-peat run.
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-20-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Bron averaged 5 more points than AD in the finals. 13 more points than his second option in 2014 and ~6 more in 2012/2013.

Good call, OP.

Op needs to stfu

Looks like op got his adderall script filled just like the welfarefan. Yet again.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kings2024Champs View Post
    Listen man, we gotta have a talk about this. Were worried about you

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Again, facts only itt
    so lemme get this all straight

you say you are 44
    zach randolph is 39

so you are 5 years older

you say you dunked on sophomore zach randolph, who was 15 or 16
    meaning you would have been 20 or 21

so you're saying you were 20 at your college athletic prime and you dunked on a 15 year old? is this your story? :oldol: ????

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Bron averaged 5 more points than AD in the finals. 13 more points than his second option in 2014 and ~6 more in 2012/2013.

Good call, OP.

AD averaged more points than Lebron in the 2020 Playoffs

Wade averaged more in the 2011 Playoffs

Kyrie averaged the same in the 2016 Playoffs

everyone in history needed an equal-scoring partner (1b) for half of their rings except the goat, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less in every Playoffs.

Teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive attention for his entire career, (thus giving maximum integrity to his stats and rings).. Kenny Smith talks about MJ being the only 1-man show here.

And you aren't understanding that everyone had teammates that led for entire playoff runs, whereas pippen never got within 10 ppg of Jordan in any SERIES.. Jordan averaged 10-30 more than pippen in every series.. no one is remotely close to that, so no one faced even close to the same defensive attention..

AD averaged more points than Lebron in the 2020 Playoffs

Wade averaged more in the 2011 Playoffs

Kyrie averaged the same in the 2016 Playoffs

everyone in history needed an equal-scoring partner (1b) for half of their rings except the goat, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less in every Playoffs.

And you aren't understanding that everyone had teammates that led for entire playoff runs, whereas pippen never got within 10 ppg of Jordan in any SERIES.. Jordan averaged 10-30 more than pippen in every series.. no one is remotely close to that, so no one faced even close to the same defensive attention..

^^^ For the record - an unrefuted post that Kuniva ran from because he has no response due to being wrong

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    so lemme get this all straight

you say you are 44
    zach randolph is 39

so you are 5 years older

you say you dunked on sophomore zach randolph, who was 15 or 16
    meaning you would have been 20 or 21

so you're saying you were 20 at your college athletic prime and you dunked on a 15 year old? is this your story? :oldol: ????
    OP?

So what OP is saying is that this Michael Jordan guy was really good at playing basketball.