Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Rings with 1b's (equal-scoring partner) < rings with 2nd options

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

^^^ That's a false stat - other guys have done that

Lies itt.. ESPN lied and now you're lying.. no surprise

Nor is the feat impressive

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    ^^^ That's a false stat - other guys have done that

Lies itt.. ESPN lied and now you're lying.. no surprise

Nor is the feat impressive
    Show me the other player to do that

This is the first time I've entered a thread and wanted to shit on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    so lemme get this all straight

you say you are 44
    zach randolph is 39

so you are 5 years older

you say you dunked on sophomore zach randolph, who was 15 or 16
    meaning you would have been 20 or 21

so you're saying you were 20 at your college athletic prime and you dunked on a 15 year old? is this your story? :oldol: ????

The bolded above is true

But Zach was already 6'8" all-american and much bigger than me (and much slower lol)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Bron averaged 5 more points than AD in the finals. 13 more points than his second option in 2014 and ~6 more in 2012/2013.

Good call, OP.
    Who cares? AD scored more points across the whole playoffs and against their best opponents. You don't get a cookie for scoring against a Mickey Mouse +6000 odds underdog. That's actually exactly when I would expect your boy to score. Tyler Herro scored the 2nd most points for the Heat in the Finals. So one team has LeBron James and Anthony Davis leading them and the other has Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro? That's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Who cares? AD scored more points across the whole playoffs and against their best opponents. You don't get a cookie for scoring against a Mickey Mouse +6000 odds underdog. That's actually exactly when I would expect your boy to score.
    It's a Mickey Mouse "Championship" either way.

4 APG... 4 RPG... 1 SPG.... 1 BPG

^^^ that's only impressive if you do it while scoring champ

Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    4 APG... 4 RPG... 1 SPG.... 1 BPG

^^^ that's only impressive if you do it while scoring champ

Carry on
    I’d say the fact it’s only been done by two players in history makes it impressive

He's a true idiot. No other player has done it. Someone mentioned David Robinson but D-Rob never had a 200 steal season. 3ball doesn't understand numbers. Sad.

Sometimes I wish 3ball stayed in college so these debates were a little tougher.
    Last edited by TheCorporation; 02-21-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps View Post
    It's a Mickey Mouse "Championship" either way.
    So obviously this is a 3ball alt as well. I'm just trying to make sense of it. 3ball has a couple of older accounts that are about the L.A. Clippers, odd,

"Clippers Revival" and "clipps" But why?

And, why try to teardown LeBron and put MJ over him? Let them be where they be. LBJ is solid #1, MJ and Kareem are fighting for #2 and #3. Let them be, they are where they are and no matter of poorly structued, agenda-driven, inaccurate data-filled essays will change this.

Godspeed.
    Last edited by TheCorporation; 02-21-2021 at 01:00 PM.

I’d say the fact it’s only been done by two players in history makes it impressive

No, tons of guys have more impressive stats than 4/4/1/1

ESPN simply fooled me with their false propoganda.. again... Now I know not to cite ESPN as a source

Bron averaged 5 more points than AD in the finals. 13 more points than his second option in 2014 and ~6 more in 2012/2013.

Good call, OP.

I'll directly answer your false claim with the thread cliffs:

AD averaged more points than Lebron in the 2020 Playoffs

Wade averaged more in the 2011 Playoffs

Kyrie averaged the same in the 2016 Playoffs

But don't be ashamed for Lebron because everyone in history needed an equal-scoring partner (1b) for half of their rings except the goat, who won 6 rings with a true 2nd option that averaged far less in every playoffs.

Teammate scoring matters because equal-scoring teammates attract equal defensive attention, so only MJ faced "1-man team" defensive attention for his entire career, (thus giving maximum integrity to his stats and rings).. Kenny Smith talks about MJ being the only 1-man show here.

Most people don't realize that everyone in history had teammates that led for entire playoff runs, whereas pippen never got within 10 ppg of Jordan in any SERIES.. Jordan averaged 10-30 more than pippen in every series.. no one is remotely close to that, so no one faced even close to the same defensive attention

Ultimately, everyone in history that won 3 Finals needed a teammate to win FMVP or average 25 ppg for at least 1 of the Finals.. But Pippen is 0/6 in FMVP and peaked at 21 ppg, so only MJ could win 3 or 3-peat with Pippen..

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Who cares? AD scored more points across the whole playoffs and against their best opponents. You don't get a cookie for scoring against a Mickey Mouse +6000 odds underdog. That's actually exactly when I would expect your boy to score. Tyler Herro scored the 2nd most points for the Heat in the Finals. So one team has LeBron James and Anthony Davis leading them and the other has Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro? That's a joke.
    That's not the doctrine OP follows though. If we're talking about "rings" then its about the finals. And in 4 of those finals I mentioned, Bron scored significantly more than his second options.

But hey, I wouldn't sweat it. Bron will be retiring sooner than later to ease your pain

That's not the doctrine OP follows though. If we're talking about "rings" then its about the finals. And in 4 of those finals I mentioned, Bron scored significantly more than his second options.

But hey, I wouldn't sweat it. Bron will be retiring sooner than later to ease your pain
    Kidd was better than Bron anyways