Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why Dems opposed to the boarder wall, but feel need have wall surrounding the Capital

Why is that??

They bitched and moaned and said the boarder wasn't needed. That it's a huge waste of tax payers money.

So who's paying for the 3 and half miles of wall with razor wire at the top surrounding the Capital? Who's paying for the National Guard? What are they afraid of that they need all this security? Why the need to make people feel that the Dems are protecting themselves from something?

What's the current threat for all this security??

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Why Dems opposed to the boarder wall, but feel need have wall surrounding the Cap

The Democrats are hoping for violence. The longer that wall stays up, the more it triggers the wrong kind of people. The Democrats are inciting the American citizen with this blatant display of force.

Default Re: Why Dems opposed to the boarder wall, but feel need have wall surrounding the Cap

Republicans also were involved in the calling of the national guard. You make it sound like only democrats in congress called for the national guard and the only ones to fence up the capitol hill. I expect that to be taken down in a few months once things cool off and the insurrection idiots who need to be prosecuted are prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Republicans also were involved in the calling of the national guard. You make it sound like only democrats in congress called for the national guard and the only ones to fence up the capitol hill. I expect that to be taken down in a few months once things cool off and the insurrection idiots who need to be prosecuted are prosecuted.
    Republicans wanted the National Guard at the inauguration, asked multiple times and was told that's not necessary. Show me where multiple non Dems want the Capital looking the way it is now. Plus you say "once things cool off" What needs to cooling? Have there been threats made to the Capital since "everything has cooled off" over a month ago?

Plus, you still didn't answer why the border wall is such a silly idea. Who's tax money has been wasted on the razor wire Capital wall? Why is it they're letting all these illegal immigrants that can threaten U.S lives while they hide behind their wall and National Guard?

its a little strange that the cap fence is still up... its not exactly a good look to have your capitol surrounded by military and razor wire for months on end

Democrats are in power now and are keeping it up now.

Once things cool off? Cool off from what? What protests and violent so-called insurrections are happening that would necessitate that way staying there till the end of the year?

We have modern technology and ways to track/watch over our vast borders without needing a massive wall sitting across it. Talk to me when the capitol hill has an actual wall around it and not a fence w/ barbed wire. Metal fence doesn't require much maintenance and it's not in place permanently. It can be removed within a day (it was put in place within a day or two). Border wall would have to be thousands of miles long.

Do you not see the difference between building a permanent wall thousands of miles long and 30ft tall costing tens of billions of dollars versus a 10ft barrier fence perhaps a single mile long costing say a million dollar at most? If you can't comprehend the difference then I'm wasting my time.

We have modern technology and ways to track/watch over our vast borders without needing a massive wall sitting across it. Talk to me when the capitol hill has an actual wall around it and not a fence w/ barbed wire. Metal fence doesn't require much maintenance and it's not in place permanently. It can be removed within a day (it was put in place within a day or two). Border wall would have to be thousands of miles long.

Do you not see the difference between building a permanent wall thousands of miles long and 30ft tall costing tens of billions of dollars versus a 10ft barrier fence perhaps a single mile long costing say a million dollar at most? If you can't comprehend the difference then I'm wasting my time.
    Why track the boarder now when the guy you voted for is letting any and all ILLEGAL immigrants to freely come into the country w/o documentation??

"We're going to beat this pandemic............... but first I'm going to let all illegals into the country and that will REALLY get the U.S back on track to recovery. Sounds about right for your boy Joe, huh??

The fence at the Capital wraps all the way around and it's 3 and half miles long. What are they protecting themselves from?? As long as your girl Pelosi is in office, I'd bet the razor wire wall stays yup much longer.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

There was a riot on January 6th with a lot of people trying to overturn the election and many of them hoping to harm various members of Congress. Those Congresspeople in turn felt threatened and hence security is being beefed up. And now you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    There was a riot on January 6th with a lot of people trying to overturn the election and many of them hoping to harm various members of Congress. Those Congresspeople in turn felt threatened and hence security is being beefed up. And now you know.

^ When a poster like this says "now you know..."

You can pretty safely assume the REAL truth is far, far away from whatever he just "explained."

That was nearly two months ago and an isolated incident on a landmark day, unless you have evidence to believe it will happen again? But I was under the impression Dems did not believe walls were effective means of preventing individuals from crossing, am I wrong?

Man, I wish I could hold a poker face and flip the switch/my views as often as these guys and not feel guilty about it.

Yeah....January 6th. January 6th.

National Guard ordered to stay another 2mos.

and why is that??

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    National Guard ordered to stay another 2mos.

and why is that??
    Ask Qanon. Why the bombing threats?

Having said that, I'm not happy with congress closing shop yesterday just because there was a threat for March 4. You have all that protection - stop being cowards and do your jobs.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    its a little strange that the cap fence is still up... its not exactly a good look to have your capitol surrounded by military and razor wire for months on end
    "Capitol surrounded by military and razor wire for months on end," thousands of political prisoners, people aren't allowed to go outside, can't even assemble 2 people for lunch at the local deli, free speech online is tightly censored in favor of the current Official Narrative on any given topic, only a tiny % of the country actually supports its rulers, trillions of dollars being handed out to whoever they want, gotta wait another 2-4-6 years to "vote" in the next round of professional liars and crooks... great system