Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Tatum & Brown can't be your superstars. They do things to help their game not oth

lol

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Tatum & Brown can't be your superstars. They do things to help their game not oth

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    lol
    Well OP would be correct if the Celtics were a typically constructed team.

The fact theyre a uniquely loaded roster makes the situation an exception.

If you replace Harden and PG with Tatum and Brown they also would have lost to the Mavs. Maybe even in fewer games.

Ah so now Boston is a superteam?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    They're fake news stars. I was very impressed with Tatum in his first year or two. But he doesn't have the competitive hatred you need to win. And like OP illustrated, he has no playmaking or passing skill. Was never high on Brown. Fake intellectual, doesn't have the feel for the game like true elites. By contrast, Harden has one of the best feels for the game I've ever seen.
    Three years later at age 26, he's the best playmaker on the team. Don't commit to what a player will be at age 22-23.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Ah so now Boston is a superteam?
    I think they're 1-5 is as good as there has been in several years. When completely healthy all of them are top 50ish players in the league. One guy in top 10, another top 15-20.

There is no weakness from anyone when discussing shooting, ball-handling/creating, and defense.

I don't know that "superteam" is the correct term because there isn't that mega top end star. But yes they are loaded.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I feel like its still too early to be bumping all the bullshit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I think they're 1-5 is as good as there has been in several years. When completely healthy all of them are top 50ish players in the league. One guy in top 10, another top 15-20.

There is no weakness from anyone when discussing shooting, ball-handling/creating, and defense.

I don't know that "superteam" is the correct term because there isn't that mega top end star. But yes they are loaded.
    RMWG does not agree.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    RMWG does not agree.
    I hate when idiots follow me around. I have been saying the Celtics are highly talented for years now. What you are incapable of understanding is that there is a difference between being highly talented and being one of the most talented teams of all time. If a team only gets one All-NBA player (I disagreed with that, but that's just my opinion) and no top 5 MVP candidate, just two All-Stars overall, how do they qualify as an All-time team? They could be Champions this year...there are 75+ NBA championship teams, all of them are not going to be All-time talented.

You being too stupid to understand this is your problem, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I hate when idiots follow me around. I have been saying the Celtics are highly talented for years now. What you are incapable of understanding is that there is a difference between being highly talented and being one of the most talented teams of all time. If a team only gets one All-NBA player (I disagreed with that, but that's just my opinion) and no top 5 MVP candidate, just two All-Stars overall, how do they qualify as an All-time team? They could be Champions this year...there are 75+ NBA championship teams, all of them are not going to be All-time talented.

You being too stupid to understand this is your problem, not mine.

This year's Celtics don't belong in this conversation. I personally believe that JB deserves more respect but this year's team only had 1 AllNBA player and plenty of people don't think he's top 5. Doesn't compare to a team with prime James and Wade.

The current Celtics could give them a hard time mainly due to playing style with all the threes but they've got 1 AllNBA player and only 2 Allstars. Great team but not stacked.
    Nice backtrack.

Nice backtrack.
    Where is the backtracking? You just proved that you have no understanding. It's unfair to expect me to fix the fact that you're stupid.

Where is the backtracking? You just proved that you have no understanding. It's unfair to expect me to fix the fact that you're stupid.
    Went from saying they are not stacked to "they are not all-time great stacked".

Shameless.

Went from saying they are not stacked to "they are not all-time great stacked".

Shameless.
    Nowhere am I contradicting myself. Do you struggle with the English language? You can't compete for an NBA championship without a high talent level. All-time great talent is a higher level than that, and the Celtics, as a team with 1 All-NBA player and no one in even the top 5 MVP votes. Which Celtics made the top 75 list, if this is one of the most stacked teams of all time? Because there are teams with multiple top 75 players.

Still don't understand my point? Then you're just stupid. Your problem, not mine.

NBA Superstar

I think their "stackedness" is fairly comparable to a team like the Bad Boys, although of course the approach and team construction is different. One guy bordering on elite but not quite up with the true top guys, another great swiss-army knife-type guy, and several role players each capable of being the best or most impactful guy on any given night.

Nowhere am I contradicting myself. Do you struggle with the English language? You can't compete for an NBA championship without a high talent level. All-time great talent is a higher level than that, and the Celtics, as a team with 1 All-NBA player and no one in even the top 5 MVP votes. Which Celtics made the top 75 list, if this is one of the most stacked teams of all time? Because there are teams with multiple top 75 players.

Still don't understand my point? Then you're just stupid. Your problem, not mine.
    Are you really using this as a point? Their two best players are still in their 20's and you are taking away points for them not making a top 75 list that came out 3 years ago? When Tatum was 23 and Brown was 24 years old?

You are dumber than I thought.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 06-14-2024 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I think their "stackedness" is fairly comparable to a team like the Bad Boys, although of course the approach and team construction is different. One guy bordering on elite but not quite up with the true top guys, another great swiss-army knife-type guy, and several role players each capable of being the best or most impactful guy on any given night.
    The Bad Boy Pistons are the exact team I used to compare these Celtics.